Dak Prescott named NFL Man of the Year

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Oh yeah here it comes I knew I lit off a spit storm here yeah well guys that's just the way us cowboy fans feel when you bash our quarterback after he wins Man of the year
So criticizing Dak means comparing his man of the year award to that of soldiers getting a CMH (at times posthumously because they died) for bravery under direct fire?????

Some of you people have something wrong morally.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Good for you and thank you for your service give yourself a big pat on the back.

But it's not a game where we're keeping score. It's hard to tell how many lives cancer research saves or suicide prevention.
Can't exactly say how having better relations between youth and police will save lives but we certainly see it broadcast vividly when someone gets shot.
No one is asking for a pat on the back, especially not me. Just a little perspective, though.

Ken

Reaction score
Do you know what it means to truly save a human life? Donating money to cause is commendable, but it really isn't the same as actually saving someone from possible death. I've been given 5 life-saving awards throughout my career for efforts that actually kept someone from dying. But I guess in your opinion Dak's award and his efforts mean so much more than anything I have accomplished. Golf clap to Dak.
1. Good to know that you are not the pathetic individual that you come across as on this forum. "Life Saving" is not something I can put on my resume,so well done sir.

2. You are missing it completely if you think that what Dak does is the typical, obligatory, throw some money at a cause because it is good for public perception that every other player does. It is why I said that no player has deserved this award more than Dak on the first page of this thread. Unlike most of the others, he has huge reasons to support the causes he does. He has personal experience with them and he does it to make an actual difference. "One Life to save millions" is not just a catchy slogan...it is impactful and meaningful.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I would have gained a ton of respect for him had he showed up dressed like Robin Hood.

Robbing from the rich and giving to the poor.... seems like a no-brainer.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well he was in giving mood this year, lol. All kidding aside, congrats on this award.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Let me rephrase....

Jalen Hurts got as many MVP votes (1) in 2022 as Dak did in 2016 (1).
Gotcha....

I'm still scratching my head over Garrett winning coach of the year for 2016. Dak and Zeke won that award for him. Without those two and the outstanding rookie years they had the team might have ended up with the #1 overall pick in 2017. Yet somehow Garrett gets the credit. SMH...

Reactions: Ken

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hurts got 1 vote for 1st place but 193 in total (other votes ranged from 2nd thru 4th place)...I think that is what he meant by the 1 vote.
It wouldn't shock me if he literally thought Hurts only got 1 vote or he's purposely trying to be deceptive by cherry picking it to "1st place votes only".

Either way he's trying to say it in a way that supports his narrative like Dak fans do.

Ken

Reaction score
Hurts got 1 vote for 1st place but 193 in total (other votes ranged from 2nd thru 4th place)...I think that is what he meant by the 1 vote.
Eh...i thought he got one vote, only glanced at the top part of the tweet. I didn't see the breakdown below it. I am sure I will hear about it every other thread now from MC.