Dak Prescott named NFL Man of the Year

Blackrain

Reaction score
Amazing isn't it?

Our rival fans respect our qb more than they do.
It's really unbelievable when people are so ignorant that they can't separate how they feel about someone's on field play compared to what they do for the community off the field and they have to try and throw shade on that because of their hatred of the person's on field play.
We all become frustrated at times with DAk on the field. But this thread has absolutely nothing to do with that and shouldn't be taken in that direction whatsoever.

With all the negative things that have come out about this franchise this year to throw any shade on such a positive thing like this is absolutely intolerable for me as a cowboy fan

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Amazing isn't it?

Our rival fans respect our qb more than they do.
Do Cowboys fans (notice I said "Cowboys fans" and not "you") not get happy when the Eagles, Giants, or Commanders hitch their wagons to a QB that will never lead them anywhere?

They don't respect Dak. They just know the Cowboys will never be a real threat as long as Dak is the QB. Therefore they root for Dak to always be around.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak is 7 years removed from winning a Rookie of the Year award. Not sure your point, and what it has to do for his failure in the post season the last two years in particular?
This is what you wrote and I replied to. You didn't say anything about when in your post I replied to.
I am aware of that, but still very sour on Dak. Like I said I highly respect the guy for what he does, just wish he was capable of winning an award on field....

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Just watched the speech.

Couldn't help but notice the happy feet and all the dancing back and forth. Often speaking off his back foot. That will get you buy against inferior audiences but when you are in front of the big dogs, it ain't going to cut it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Do Cowboys fans (notice I said "Cowboys fans" and not "you") not get happy when the Eagles, Giants, or Commanders hitch their wagons to a QB that will never lead them anywhere?

They don't respect Dak. They just know the Cowboys will never be a real threat as long as Dak is the QB. Therefore they root for Dak to always be around.
Dallas was never a threat when JG was the HC either. The rest of the NFCE was disappointed to see him leave Dallas.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Did you whine like this when Jason Witten won the award?

Seek help. Dak's 1,000X the man you'll ever be.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This is a terrible argument.... Witten was an excellent TE who will be in the Hall. Dak is not as good at his position as Witten was at his. But Dak does some things for the community, so kudos to him. Most of the talk in this thread, though, is about how this award is an individual thing unrelated to football that does nothing for the team.

Dak is a good person, I have no problem saying that. But his skills on the field don't match his off field skills and contributions.

I could argue with you on the 2nd part of your comment but you aren't worth the time or effort. Dak is 1000x the man because he plays a sport? Ok....

Ken

Reaction score

Whatever you need to tell yourself to cope with this development buddy.

Mr. "He's a faker" trying to spin his way out of having to explain how he got the highest award a player can get for the NFL.

LOL.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Whatever you need to tell yourself to cope with this development buddy.

Mr. "He's a faker" trying to spin his way out of having to explain how he got the highest award a player can get for the NFL.

LOL.
I wouldn't care if he was a faker if he was also a good QB to go along with it.

Russell Wilson also won this award and if you've been following the news......

Ken

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if he was a faker if he was also a good QB to go along with it.

Russell Wilson also won this award and if you've been following the news......
Is Russell Wilson now a bad qb to you? Is that how it works in your world, whatever the last thing they did makes them that permanently?

Explains a lot.

Praxit

Reaction score
..nice consolation prize. You know, for beating Brady and retiring him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Is Russell Wilson now a bad qb to you? Is that how it works in your world, whatever the last thing they did makes them that permanently?

Explains a lot.
No.

I'm saying that just because you win the award doesn't make you a good person. Somebody is out of the loop I see.

Wilson doesn't look good at all as a player right now, still better than Dak, but not looking good. Maybe Peyton turns him around though.

ksadler1

Reaction score
ALRIGHT!!! Our moral victory trophies have almost caught up to our SB trophies. We should be proud...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Well deserved, whatever you think of his play on the field no denying he is one of the good guys off the field.

Ken

Reaction score
No.

I'm saying that just because you win the award doesn't make you a good person. Somebody is out of the loop I see.

Wilson doesn't look good at all as a player right now, still better than Dak, but not looking good. Maybe Peyton turns him around though.
Ok, so Dak is a bad person now because you say so, right?

Do you have any evidence to support your claim other than trying to read tea leaves from questionable sources?