Video: Dak Prescott No excuses now

blindzebra

Reaction score
There is always propaganda, including this video. And your own comments.

As for the video, we all know Dak was less accurate in 2017 than 2016, but it’s also fair to note that anyone can pick and choose the specific film clips they want to create the perception they want.

As for your words, it’s wasn’t Dak that caused the downfall as you claim. It was also Zeke being suspended and the season long circus around that, and Smith getting injured, and Lee getting injured and any number of smaller things adding up. And Dez too.
Especially when they label something without knowing the context of the play. What was the route, how deep was it supposed to be run, what options are there based on coverage?

If the route is supposed to be ran at 12 yards and the QB throws it to that spot, but the receiver runs the route at 10 yards and the pass sails over the receivers head and gets picked off, was it the QBs fault?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
This tastes an awful lot like rehash to me.
Can't wait for the draft.
Tom was right..."the waiting is the hardest part".

blueblood70

Reaction score
I appreciate the effort but it seems like there is a bit of an agenda here. He starts by using an example of play where Dak makes a poor throw on a bomb and how Brady does it better.

Well of course Brady does it better. But the pass Prescott throws has him getting hit just as he releases the ball. That’s going to affect any pass. His Comparison example has Brady with a clean pocket.

I am no Dak lover but often times these negative analyses of Dak tend to be skewed.
IM a Dak Supporter hope he succeeds but this isn't skewed this is how Dak plays as of now..the Author or the video is correct in a lot of the evaluation.. I believe Dak can fix a lot of this but for sure i screamed the last two seasons where are the rainbows and arc on throws that allow a WR to run under balls or get the when they are more wide open and can have more YAC..

Dak has issues and we witnessed it a lot last year, not saying it cant be fixed but Dak is more of the bus driver west coast underneath type passer, he throws with his eyes and not instincts , he pretty much has to see a receiver open before he throws it..is he like this 100% of the time, no but it showed more often than not last year..

if they don't get this fixed or this is dak the final product , he wont be getting that huge second contract and be our franchise guy..i hope he gets enough fixed to run this offense which is run based as well..with Dez gone it will put a bit more pressure on Dak as more eyes than ever will be watching his mechanics etc..

TWOK11

Reaction score
Dez in reality was so frustrated with Daks incompetence...and Dez held back a lot...please watch the video

I watched the video

He leaves out the numerous examples of great, on time throws Dak has made over the last two years.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched the video

He leaves out the numerous examples of great, on time throws Dak has made over the last two years.
he only showed this last year...not 2016..because Dak regressed so much

HungryLion

Reaction score

So for half of Dak’s career, he played at such an extremely high level, that the guy who made the video didn’t bother trying to pull any examples from.

Now re-read that sentence again slowly and tell me what you think.

TWOK11

Reaction score

A great example of how biased the video is is the throw from Watson to Hopkins he uses as an example of a supposedly great play was actually a TERRIBLE decision. He threw a ball to a double teamed receiver bracketed high and low by a safety/corner. That ball gets picked 7/10 times. The fact that he got lucky by sailing the ball and Hopkins made an amazing play doesn't change that. Trying to argue that that's exactly how Watson intended it is ridiculous. He clearly didn't see the safety eying it ready to undercut the throw.

Had Dak made that throw, it would have been used against him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.

This wasn’t a Dez problem..

If he doesn’t deliver his job was going to be in jeopardy with or without Dez.

Zman5

Reaction score
LOL at all the people blaming the QB for the failure of the offense.
Romo was a top tier QB but there is a reason he won only two playoff games in his career. Nothing will change until we get rid of JG and his crappy scheme.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Another example: He conveniently leaves out the Arizona game, where Dak made three incredible second half throws and essentially won the game himself. The two deep balls to Butler that he completed on a dead run were amazing plays.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So for half of Dak’s career, he played at such an extremely high level, that the guy who made the video didn’t bother trying to pull any examples from.

Now re-read that sentence again slowly and tell me what you think.
the reason being...it showed His regression...its irrelevant what he did in 2016 if he cannot play on same level...if you want to worship Dak prescott and drink His kool-aid that is your choice...but it does not mean it is accurate...sir i dont blame you...there are players i have loved no matter what and that is up to how ever a fan chooses to be....i hope so much Dak can improve and build on his 2016 performance...but he regressed in 2017 and not all of that was no Zeke or no LT smith...i personally blame jason Garrett and coaches for allowing Dak to be pummelled in Atlanta game for he was never the same after that....they let him get totally rocked ...its so inexcusable i will struggle to forgive cowboy leadership for that

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A great example of how biased the video is is the throw from Watson to Hopkins he uses as an example of a supposedly great play was actually a TERRIBLE decision. He threw a ball to a double teamed receiver bracketed high and low by a safety/corner. That ball gets picked 7/10 times. The fact that he got lucky by sailing the ball and Hopkins made an amazing play doesn't change that. Trying to argue that that's exactly how Watson intended it is ridiculous. He clearly didn't see the safety eying it ready to undercut the throw.

Had Dak made that throw, it would have been used against him.
sir---Dak cannot make that throw...did you even watch video?...do you see Daks super wind up and Ummph to throw the ball and it still does not have velocity...there are many down field throws Dak cannot make...its because he is disconnected from lower body and that is where one gets power .... that is why it shows him giving his all to throw the ball because he uses 75% upper body...it is horrible mechanics...this is stuff jr high qb's do..this stuff is corrected before High school let alone college or pros....this probably means Dak will not be able to learn to smoothly flow from using lower body hips and legs to get power...and it stems from horrible foot work...sir it is really bad...can he improve and become efficient?....its not totaly impossible but very improbable...because if one has not learned by now then it probably wont happen..ask Tim Tebow

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
can Dak play baseball or soccer.. his stiff lower body running and throwing motion would be great for kicking a ball.. Frankenstien's lower body motion was more smooth than Daks.. heck Frankie looked like Elvis compared to Dak.