Video: Dak Prescott No excuses now

HungryLion

Reaction score
Next off-season they will be telling us common now he's only a 3 year QB...give Dak a chance will....heck they don't care if the Cowboys Fail all they want is Dak under center!

Dak Prescott is the man and Aaron Rodgers,Tom Brady, Cousins, eat your heart out baby!

Hey will there be a rematch against David Carr ....rumor has it Dak has been practicing.....he finally hit the "Barn" ....lol

Your post is poorly written and actually nothing but assumption.

HungryLion

Reaction score
this is what you see from the glitch

Weaknesses
Inconsistency mars almost every aspect of his game, especially mechanically
Rocks back with a slight hitch in his delivery when putting zip on the ball
Can wind up with longer release when going down the field
Tendency to release the ball a tad early, resulting in a sailing or fluttering pass
Needs to vary the pace of the ball to match the situation/route (no bullets on screens)
Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
Makes very poor decisions at times, forces passes into coverage
Footwork can get sloppy, will fall off his base throwing to his left, loses accuracy/velocity
Doesn’t possess the heralded “power arm” that he was once rumored to have
Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
Does not throw with anticipation, poor timing leads to late throws to all areas of the field
Can be confused and fooled by more intricate coverage schemes (ex. Alabama’s pattern reading)
Lacks accuracy and velocity when throwing on the move
Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner

Some of the scouting report is spot on.

The “not a great athlete” part I find amusing because he is an abover average athlete when it comes to the QB position. Very few QB’s have “lateral quickness and explosiveness”. Dak’s speed and agility have proved above average when it comes to being a QB in the NFL who can run

I also disagree with the lacking of accuracy and velocity when throwing on the move. That’s been the strongest part of his game in the NFL.

But yes. He still has the mechanical issues that he needs to improve on for sure, if he is going to be a full time starter in the nfl.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I love that he keeps his eyes downfield when on the move, but Prescott’s accuracy and velocity suffer remarkably when he can’t set his feet.
He also has trouble reading the defenses and is easily fooled. Without Romo, Sanchez and Moore to read the defense for him, is one of the issues in his set back.
But can accuracy,and pocket awareness [panic] be fixed. I guess with the best offensive line in the NFL and the best running game he would be a good enough bus driver.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love that he keeps his eyes downfield when on the move, but Prescott’s accuracy and velocity suffer remarkably when he can’t set his feet.
He also has trouble reading the defenses and is easily fooled. Without Romo, Sanchez and Moore to read the defense for him, is one of the issues in his set back.
But can accuracy,and pocket awareness [panic] be fixed. I guess with the best offensive line in the NFL and the best running game he would be a good enough bus driver.

All aboard......

1a9c22284711670f5d070f493c3a1877--jackie-gleason-bus-driver.jpg

Yep Bus Driver is correct!!!

Verdict

Reaction score
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.

This wasn’t a Dez problem..

Sure it was a Dez problem. That's why he is no longer a Cowboy.

I'll bet Dez has that Kid Rock song "I wanna be a Cowboy, baby" playing in an endless loop and crying in his beer right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Got it, so the entire point of my load went completely over his head.

The point of my post was that many of the weaknesses and issues the video and you talk about, Dak showed the ability to do all those things for basically an entire season in 2016. And he showed the ability to make those plays pretty consistently the first 8 games last year too.

His play fell off the final 8 games. But he was a young QB.

The entire point was over half of Dak’s career he has shown the ability to make the throws that your little video is now trying to say he can’t do.

Some of us just tend to think to ourselves, hey most QB’s have struggles early in their careers.

I honestly still can’t believe some of the things posters on this board hold against a second year QB.

It goes above and beyond fair criticism for his poor play TJ second half of the year, to calling him Tim Tebow the second and idiotic claims that he has a noodle arm and can’t physically make the throws necessary. When the guy has made all of the throws many times already during his career.

It’s about whether or not he will develop the consistency.
When any poster calls Dak a noodle arm, I immediately mark that poster down as not real bright and not worth my time. It's a well known fact that Dak has a good arm and a live arm. To make claims that are simply not true is just really weak and sorta dumb.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When any poster calls Dak a noodle arm, I immediately mark that poster down as not real bright and not worth my time. It's a well known fact that Dak has a good arm and a live arm. To make claims that are simply not true is just really weak and sorta dumb.

In the old days you used to put our names on the "KSKBOYS LIST" and ban us from Boys.com abusing your powers as one of the moderators there as your Dak loving ways blinded you with anger and vengeance,seems that fire and List is still burning but you no longer hold a Ax in your hands....Hallelujah.

Our claims or better said our opinions are valid as Dak's performance which has pretty much brought in question his validity as our starting QB.
And calling us dense mentally will not change the fact Dak is pretty much a bus driver in Dallas and once Zeke is stopped our offense hits the wall.

Ksk please sell Dak crazy here as much as you want( it's a free country) but please remember we have eye's bud and that I'm sorry to advise you that is something you really can't manipulate in your favor any longer in these forums as the cat is out of the bag on Dak.

May we all be wrong on Dak as we are Cowboy fan's first and foremost but i highly doubt it as QB are Born and not made!!

P.S. The name "Noodles" originated from his lack of accuracy.......hence Noodle Dak....if you need a reference and the game videos wont suffice just ask D. Carr....

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW. I couldn't put my finger on what was Dak's issue w/o th all-22, but Okoye just remedied that.

This franchise is n trouble.

I'd draft a QB mid-to-high th next 2 drafts.

LOL, how many of you, actually, watched th video?

Well, I'd also look into signing a UDFA QB by the name of Jeremiah Briscoe from SHSU. I know he went to a small school (same alma matar as me), but he was one of the best QBs in the FCS as well as the Southland Conference. He's a prototypical pocket passer.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
This video made me realize how special Deshaun Watson is. Man that kid can ball!!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This video made me realize how special Deshaun Watson is. Man that kid can ball!!!
What you saw there was a Qualified starting NFL QB!
One that has the "touch" something that rarely can be trained.
When a starting QB has accuracy,Technic,mechanics,decision making, correct timing, correct pocket awr, doesn't panic when the rush is in his face, has great downfield vision, he is pretty much destined to become a franchise QB for his team. Can we say Dak has the same God-Given talents...NO ...hes still in the laboratory growing,growing, and growing.....GL to all of us with that!

dfense

Reaction score
They better use all 10 draft picks on Wr’s to help Dak.

And still a draft pick of a TE is wasted...we still have overpaid slow 1;2 yard short of a critical first down Witten there.
Ahh, the Dak apologist's turn to the next player to vent their wrath. Totally expected.

HungryLion

Reaction score

His accuracy and velocity suffer when he doesn’t set his feet in the pocket. That’s true. It’s his biggest detriment.

You’re right that it’s the question on whether or not this can be fixed. I believe a QB can improve their footwork and mechanics. When Dak’s footwork IS right, which he does have stretches when he uses proper footwork, his accuracy and velocity are very good.

He will need to get his footwork to be consistently right, in order to be a successful long time starter in he NFL and that’s the part that remains to be seen.

What I meant though, was that Dak does throw very well while running to his right or left. He is actually one of the best in the league at throwing while rolling out to the right or left. His accuracy and velocity while doing that is actually pretty uncanny. It’s a very dangerous part of his game for NFL defenses.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Its easy to make one player look bad and another look good on a highlight reel. I can go to youtube and find a video making Dak look like the greatest QB of all time then turn around and find one that makes Watson look like a bum. These video's are created to make you see the creators point of view.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahh, the Dak apologist's turn to the next player to vent their wrath. Totally expected.

What the heck are you talking about and I am no way near a Dak apologist. Go away troll.
If you want to vent your life frustrations out, don't take them out on me.

khiladi

Reaction score
Light years you people are sad thats so laughable light years you say :lmao2:....lets talk about it in 3 years:facepalm: ..DW hasn't played full season yet..no way what i saw changes anything about how i felt about rg3 comparison.until he can stay healthy and plays a full season and than another and wins something's other than few games.. I say the same thing about Jimmy Garapalo nothing to really base what he got that ridiculous contract for.. nothing its way to small of sample size..

Dak played two full season and a playoff game he won ROTY , Pro bowl and he may have dropped off but hes led a team to 22-10 over two full seasons and hasn't missed a snap..hes proven what he can do, slumped bit but still has lots room to grow..btw you want comparisons you give us that Texas Defense and we win that Rams and Packer games as Dak played well the offense put up over 30 and we lost..those two games cost us the playoffs.. lets do all this speculation etc Dak didnt have defense the first 6-8 games and games were blown because of it including the 2016 PLayoff game..we win that with a Texan defense..:popcorn:

lest see what happens when these new guys have real pressure on them in big games and see not only can they play, but limit mistakes and get their teams in the playoffs and al this and stay on the field....

Slumped a little bit, by setting records of futility in pick-6s and no TDs for over 10 quarters and absolute garbage against 3-string defenses, while claiming he was going to finish the season strong. And Dak was absolutely AWFUL against the Rams in the third quarter AS EXEMPLIFIED all last season long, meaning not an anomaly. He was bailed out a couple of times on what should have been sure-fire INTs, but if WRs drop his balls, what to say of the cornerbacks?

DW shows actual mechanics and great pocket presence and none of the huge flaws Dak shows on QB fundamentals.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Slumped a little bit, by setting records of futility in pick-6s and no TDs for over 10 quarters and absolute garbage against 3-string defenses, while claiming he was going to finish the season strong. And Dak was absolutely AWFUL against the Rams in the third quarter AS EXEMPLIFIED all last season long, meaning not an anomaly. He was bailed out a couple of times on what should have been sure-fire INTs, but if WRs drop his balls, what to say of the cornerbacks?

DW shows actual mechanics and great pocket presence and none of the huge flaws Dak shows on QB fundamentals.
ok go route for the Texans , Ill pull for Daks success..

good day sir...lmao dude played 7 games git he knee blown..hasn't done anything that counts right now hes Rg3 until he proves otherwise..Dak has ROTY honors, playoff game where he played well, and is 22-10 in two seasons without an injury.. DW will have to get some skins on the wall and stay on the field before accolades can start..7 games is too small a smaple size and he came in to eb the savior..wait until he starts and its all on him and when that moment where its all on him..if he gets through that fine..staying on the field is as important as being great..you cant be great without staying on the field..7 games and gone.. rehab and now what? at least Dak is durable and showed enough to hope he will get it..hes not just hucking passes up and getting all this high risk unaccountable play like DW.. one he is forced to run the full offense within the playbook, we shall see..

khiladi

Reaction score
Who cares that Dak is a good quarterback on the run? To be in the NFL and successful, you have to be great from the pocket, unless you have a top-tier defense that goes down as among the best ever in the NFL. Tampa Bay, Seattle and Chicago all had top-tier defenses, that generated a whole bunch of TOs and could compensate for any stupid QB play.

When you are on the RUN, your vision is limited to half the field. That's why OC don't run boot-legs as a staple, because your limiting the offense and it's why scrub QBs rely on it all the time. This is why every DC basically said their objective is to keep Dak in the pocket and why these type of QBs rarely are successful in the NFL for long. Further, this offense attacks outside the hashes, meaning you need the ability to play QB with peripheral vision to both sides.

Dak has POOR vision and has awful anticipation, which are disastrous for a timing-based offense.

Replacing Dak with Romo in a Super Bowl window, when he was drafted purely as a change-of-pace QB, to run the read-option every now and then exemplifies how idiotic this front office and coaching staff is. Yeah, yeah, yeah blame Dez, because then it takes away the focus from how stupid the move was.

WHo in the world benches a franchise QB when you finally have a home-run RB, arguably the best in the league, Dez finally healthy again, an all-pro line that has now played multiple years together, along with the Red-headed bum totally benched from play-calling duties for a somewhat decent OC, for a guy that everybody said doesn't even practice well and the offense had to be simplified, all the while they refused to even let that franchise QB compete for the starting job back, while he looked light years better in practice and the one game he played when he came back? I mean on what planet are we on here?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
ok go route for the Texans , Ill pull for Daks success..

good day sir...lmao dude played 7 games git he knee blown..hasn't done anything that counts right now hes Rg3 until he proves otherwise..Dak has ROTY honors, playoff game where he played well, and is 22-10 in two seasons without an injury.. DW will have to get some skins on the wall and stay on the field before accolades can start..7 games is too small a smaple size and he came in to eb the savior..wait until he starts and its all on him and when that moment where its all on him..if he gets through that fine..staying on the field is as important as being great..you cant be great without staying on the field..7 games and gone.. rehab and now what? at least Dak is durable and showed enough to hope he will get it..hes not just hucking passes up and getting all this high risk unaccountable play like DW.. one he is forced to run the full offense within the playbook, we shall see..

RG3 was runner up as ROY and didn't have anywhere near the supporting cast Dak had. And some people said he was should have been ROY over Andrew Luck.

And Dak's set all sorts of records of futility for the Cowboys in year 2, so who the F cares about year 1. Hell, the signs were clear against the VIkings and Giants in year 1, that it would be stupid to give him the keys so early.

blueblood70

Reaction score
RG3 was runner up as ROY and didn't have anywhere near the supporting cast Dak had. And some people said he was should have been ROY over Andrew Luck.

And Dak's set all sorts of records of futility for the Cowboys in year 2, so who the F cares about year 1. Hell, the signs were clear against the VIkings and Giants in year 1, that it would be stupid to give him the keys so early.
only over 4 games you have to count the entire year and these was not futility by any standard unless you are trying to compare him to Rogers or Brady..we are NOT, he had a bad stretch but his overall numbers were respectable..stop acting like he played like that all 16 games..He did it with out smith and Zeke plus Martin most of the second game....A LOT went into his drop off but he obviously was shell shocked after that ATL game.. lets stop acting like he went 0-16 and looked like Ryan Leaf..sorry bro you are exaggerating..

Rg3 and DW points are we might never know if they cant stay on the field, at least Dak made himself available all 33 games he was available to play..