Video: Dak Prescott No excuses now

TWOK11

Reaction score
sir---Dak cannot make that throw...did you even watch video?...do you see Daks super wind up and Ummph to throw the ball and it still does not have velocity...there are many down field throws Dak cannot make...its because he is disconnected from lower body and that is where one gets power .... that is why it shows him giving his all to throw the ball because he uses 75% upper body...it is horrible mechanics...this is stuff jr high qb's do..this stuff is corrected before High school let alone college or pros....this probably means Dak will not be able to learn to smoothly flow from using lower body hips and legs to get power...and it stems from horrible foot work...sir it is really bad...can he improve and become efficient?....its not totaly impossible but very improbable...because if one has not learned by now then it probably wont happen..ask Tim Tebow

Dak made multiple far superior downfield throws last year. Twice in the Arizona game, the Green Bay game, the Kansas City game, etc.

You're just lying at this point, and I have neither the time or inclination to exchange ideas with liars. Good day.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After this game after that game omg tell us Dak-bots what happened after the Chiefs game ????
I know i know the offline,the coaching,Dez, yada yada yada yada....Dak is a flawed product (kid simply doesn't have what it takes) and the more we dream or try to pretend we have a Franchise QB the more pain and anguish we will experience now and in the future.
Jerry sells his goods and it seems he has quite a lot of buyers here in these great forums!

Dak is Tim Tebow reborn....Hike Hike

Next!!!!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You could just as easily put together a video that shows the complete opposite of what this guy is trying to prove.

Triple platinum guarantee.
i thought you would have gave a quadruple on that one..hehehehehe

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak made multiple far superior downfield throws last year. Twice in the Arizona game, the Green Bay game, the Kansas City game, etc.

You're just lying at this point, and I have neither the time or inclination to exchange ideas with liars. Good day.
i am not lying...those games were before the Atlanta debacle in which leadership allowed prescott to get totally pummelled and destroyed his confidence...he was never the same...by the way Arizona game it was not downfield from the pocket it was roll-outs..which if you try a steady diet of that one will fail..because as soon as you turn to roll out 1/2 the field is gone and regressing each step you take...so who is lying now?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rockport...you say you wont watch it..and Dak is so great....why are you so afraid to watch it?....why not watch it and if you can honestly make same comment i will respect it...but facts in front of your eyes wont lie
I watched every game last year. I don't need to watch some agenda driven cherry picking video clip.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched every game last year. I don't need to watch some agenda driven cherry picking video clip.
rock---do you not realize the cameras are not on where all the receivers are running and what is developing where the ball is not?...come on man..that is why they have coaches film...watch the video and if you can honestly say same thing...i will respect it

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LoL and you still come to these forums and sell "crazy" about DAK?
Amazing......
Seems we have a new core of Cowboys fan now the Dak-bot and in there eye's team comes 2nd.
As long as Dak is starting under center it doesn't matter if we are stinking up the house on offense. I mean 15 Q of no TD offense no problem guys ,Dak is still great, 3 str8 embarrassing losses that knocked us out of the playoffs...No Problem Dak is still there....
Long live Dak Hike Hike....and may the gridiron Gods pity us....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LoL and you still come to these forums and sell "crazy" about DAK?
Amazing......
Seems we have a new core of Cowboys fan now the Dak-bot and in there eye's team comes 2nd.
As long as Dak is starting under center it doesn't matter if we are stinking up the house on offense. I mean 15 Q of no TD offense no problem guys ,Dak is still great, 3 str8 embarrassing losses that knocked us out of the playoffs...No Problem Dak is still there....
Long live Dak Hike Hike....and may the gridiron Gods pity us....
So just because I think the jury is still out on Dak, you think this? Go back under your rock my friend.

HungryLion

Reaction score
the reason being...it showed His regression...its irrelevant what he did in 2016 if he cannot play on same level...if you want to worship Dak prescott and drink His kool-aid that is your choice...but it does not mean it is accurate...sir i dont blame you...there are players i have loved no matter what and that is up to how ever a fan chooses to be....i hope so much Dak can improve and build on his 2016 performance...but he regressed in 2017 and not all of that was no Zeke or no LT smith...i personally blame jason Garrett and coaches for allowing Dak to be pummelled in Atlanta game for he was never the same after that....they let him get totally rocked ...its so inexcusable i will struggle to forgive cowboy leadership for that

Got it, so the entire point of my load went completely over his head.

The point of my post was that many of the weaknesses and issues the video and you talk about, Dak showed the ability to do all those things for basically an entire season in 2016. And he showed the ability to make those plays pretty consistently the first 8 games last year too.

His play fell off the final 8 games. But he was a young QB.

The entire point was over half of Dak’s career he has shown the ability to make the throws that your little video is now trying to say he can’t do.

Some of us just tend to think to ourselves, hey most QB’s have struggles early in their careers.

I honestly still can’t believe some of the things posters on this board hold against a second year QB.

It goes above and beyond fair criticism for his poor play TJ second half of the year, to calling him Tim Tebow the second and idiotic claims that he has a noodle arm and can’t physically make the throws necessary. When the guy has made all of the throws many times already during his career.

It’s about whether or not he will develop the consistency.

HungryLion

Reaction score
can Dak play baseball or soccer.. his stiff lower body running and throwing motion would be great for kicking a ball.. Frankenstien's lower body motion was more smooth than Daks.. heck Frankie looked like Elvis compared to Dak.

Dak is one of the better running QB’s in the league and yet you call his running stiff?

Lol hilarious.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.

This wasn’t a Dez problem..

That's disturbing

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The point of my post was that many of the weaknesses and issues the video and you talk about, Dak showed the ability to do all those things for basically an entire season in 2016. And he showed the ability to make those plays pretty consistently the first 8 games last year too.

The entire point was over half of Dak’s career he has shown the ability to make the throws that your little video is now trying to say he can’t do.

Some of us just tend to think to ourselves, hey most QB’s have struggles early in their careers.

I honestly still can’t believe some of the things posters on this board hold against a second year QB.

It goes above and beyond fair criticism for his poor play TJ second half of the year, to calling him Tim Tebow the second and idiotic claims that he has a noodle arm and can’t physically make the throws necessary. When the guy has made all of the throws many times already during his career.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Next off-season they will be telling us common now he's only a 3 year QB...give Dak a chance will....heck they don't care if the Cowboys Fail all they want is Dak under center!

Dak Prescott is the man and Aaron Rodgers,Tom Brady, Cousins, eat your heart out baby!

Hey will there be a rematch against David Carr ....rumor has it Dak has been practicing.....he finally hit the "Barn" ....lol

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. hilarious scouting reports.

Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
this is what you see from the glitch

Weaknesses
Inconsistency mars almost every aspect of his game, especially mechanically
Rocks back with a slight hitch in his delivery when putting zip on the ball
Can wind up with longer release when going down the field
Tendency to release the ball a tad early, resulting in a sailing or fluttering pass
Needs to vary the pace of the ball to match the situation/route (no bullets on screens)
Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
Makes very poor decisions at times, forces passes into coverage
Footwork can get sloppy, will fall off his base throwing to his left, loses accuracy/velocity
Doesn’t possess the heralded “power arm” that he was once rumored to have
Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
Does not throw with anticipation, poor timing leads to late throws to all areas of the field
Can be confused and fooled by more intricate coverage schemes (ex. Alabama’s pattern reading)
Lacks accuracy and velocity when throwing on the move
Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner