Dak Prescott noticeably different in Cowboys offseason workouts

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak needing work is a massive understatement ! What Dak needs along with US is a MIRACLE as his flaws are many and most cannot be taught at 25 such as....

Poor accuracy
Poor Reading downfield
Poor Pocket presence
Poor mental toughness (Panics when a defender gets near)
Poor anticipation to lead the WR TE to the ball.
Poor footwork.
Poor Redzone offense (29th ranked)
Poor ball handling(12 fumbles)
Poor ball handling again with 58 sacks (Holds the ball forever)
Poor LONG BALL placement.

GL to us and our team with Project Dak and it seems its our turn to experience the RG3 and Tim Tebow QB let down!

You should become a professional scout with breakdowns that good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak needing work is a massive understatement ! What Dak needs along with US is a MIRACLE as his flaws are many and most cannot be taught at 25 such as....

Poor accuracy
Poor Reading downfield
Poor Pocket presence
Poor footwork.

GL to us and our team with Project Dak and it seems its our turn to experience the RG3 and Tim Tebow QB let down!
Damn Pappy, I am starting to get the feeling you're not a Dak fan. 10 Poor's, couldn't he at least get one mediocre?

Falco78

Reaction score
one or two little stats is not making him mediocre. if he was average, you would have a case, but hes not average, he has a few good things he does real well, jst Linehane refused to adapt to his qb and tried to make his qb adapt to his ways. if KM keeps daks to his strengths and game plays the team to use their strengts, you ll see a better Dak.
That is just it lack of coaching has been his been his downfall

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Poor accuracy
Poor Reading downfield
Poor Pocket presence
Poor footwork.

He has issues but not as bad as you are saying.
You are blinded by hate. I would respond to each of you points, if that is what they are. But don’t have time right now. Maybe tomorrow if I remember.
But a lot of that can be attributed to other factors. I mean that as not an excuse, as he does have some issues with this, but are correctable and some was play calling. And some on the other players as well. Not everything is all on Dak.

I am not a huge Dak fan, but I can see where he is better than you say.
32-16 with a lot of comeback wins as he does not panic in the 4th quarter, as he has shown mental toughness. That alone makes most of your points worthless.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They can't help it, they love the passing game. And the "prettier passers" who go down the field more often. And because that's not Prescott's game to this point?

BabyishRareAmericanriverotter-size_restricted.gif

Trust me, he will be going deep more. Two reasons he hadn't gone deep as much in the past:

1. We didn't have the downfield threats
2. The conservative scheme just didn't call for it under Garrett much.

NotForLong

Reaction score
. . . , my team is sadly committed to him for many years at soon to be huge chunks of cap space and he isn't even remotely worthy of being called a franchise QB. The negative impact of this trumps anything we've ever seen from a single player.

Never in my lifetime have the Cowboys done this. . .

. . . I want my team to have a good QB. His presence on the roster prevents it. It doesn't get any more complicated than that.
This
Find me a better option and I'm all for improving every position.
Its like Risen said his presence on the team does not allow for competition . . . Jerry doesn't want his Dakie-Poo to loose Face. . Jerry's All In

Or Romo, Jesus people, let the man go.
Romo is ancient History . . . But Still History . . . Looking back No one without a bias can say the Smartest decision would be to choose a Rookie QB with flaws over Romo come the Playoffs . . . One and done situation . . . After 4 years of totally Rebuilding a team from the trenches up for Romo . . . Come on stop You Know . . .

And if you will not admit it . . . I know for sure Jerry lies awake at night wondering why he did not go with Romo . . . Jerry knows football 3 years later Dak is who he is and when you sit at the 50 yd. line every game . . . You see all the flaws Clear as day.
The current era has been pretty good, so all the nonsense trolling and hate is what is sad. 2 division titles and some postseason action is encouraging.

Forget Romo and any imagined Glory of what might had been . . . My problem is the Fact that Elliott has not shined like he should have. Its always a pile up. . . Rookie year was great . . . then the word was out that Dak can't read a defense or throw an Out (not even to the greatest WR ever to do it . . . thats really saying something)

Everyone here keeps saying "Who" you gonna get? . . . I say any Veteran QB that switched teams this past off season. . . would have been a HUGE improvement over Dak's skill set . . . Zeke and our Offensive Line is every QB wet dream Cooper & Gallup . . . giving me a QB that can play QB and its an Easy Pro Bowl

Thank the Heavens for Cooper . . . He is a dream come true Balls out with freakish precision and keeps his mouth shut . . . Perfect for Dakkie-Pooh . . . because ain't no other Prima Donna Wide out putting up with the Crap Dak is Passing out . . .Cooper does give Zeke a little breathing room.

Last Year there were promises of Dak working with Brady's QB "GURU" . . . The QB whisperer so much for that . . . So What's the tag line this year Kellen's a Genius just you "Wait and See" . . . Isn't that the guy who has been coaching for less time then Dak has been Playing in the league

And by the way . . . What's the Rule with Dak . . Are they allowed to critique him . . . Kellen was his QB coach and hasn't opened his Mouth to correct his horrendous QB mechanics . . . Will Kellen be allowed to correct him now that he is the Offensive coordinator

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, am I the only one seeing the advantage to having a Tier 2 QB with the brain trust of this team with their history? They thought they had a Tier 1 in Romo and look at all of the help they didn't give him and even admitted that.

Do you think Brady wins all those rings with any other team? Favre, Rodgers, Brees could only win one and Luck and Rivers haven't even sniffed one. To contend consistently, a team has to have a good QB that can execute the offense and get the ball into the hands of the weapons. The Pats have been fortunate because they have a great QB but look at all of those pieces around him and the architect of that never rests on his laurels.

I haven't seen anything to make me think that this team isn't still in that "the better the QB, the less help he needs" mode. I want them focused on those other pieces, namely the OL and D which they are and I believe that is because they realize what they have at QB.

I do not think Prescott is ever going to be a great QB but I do believe he can be part of a great team. And this brain trust has to focus on the team aspect of the game and not the stars.

And if they have to pay a good QB great money, so be it. I do not see where they have much choice in this and part of that is Dak has made it hard for them to think about taking a chance on getting a Tier 1 and losing out on a good Tier 2. And not one of the Dakaters has come forth with a better plan for taking advantage while the window is open.

This is like the old days in a singles bar. You've got a 7 ready to go home but you came for an 8 so you make a move on the 8 only she turns out to be more of a 6 when you take a really close look at her and now you've lost the 7 and end up going home alone or worse. You could end up with a 3 or 4 because you need a woman and haven't we seen some of those before? Dak ain't beautiful but he sure as hell ain't ugly and is pretty in his own special way.

And by golly, I want some kind of award for making getting a QB analogous with picking up women in a bar, Rothliesberger would like it anyway.

Exactly, and great TEAMS win Super Bowls. Does anyone here actually think that Aikman, as good as he was, wins those Super Bowls without Emmitt Smith, Irvin, his oline and the defence (including Haley) those years? Nope! The fact that we have a solid and usually consistent QB is vital. Combine him with the WRs we have now, Zeke, our oline, and the defence, I think we have something special. I might even say....super.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He has issues but not as bad as you are saying.
You are blinded by hate. I would respond to each of you points, if that is what they are. But don’t have time right now. Maybe tomorrow if I remember.
But a lot of that can be attributed to other factors. I mean that as not an excuse, as he does have some issues with this, but are correctable and some was play calling. And some on the other players as well. Not everything is all on Dak.

I am not a huge Dak fan, but I can see where he is better than you say.
32-16 with a lot of comeback wins as he does not panic in the 4th quarter, as he has shown mental toughness. That alone makes most of your points worthless.

And that record is tremendous. Especially for a 4th rounder. And he did THAT with Linehan. I'm interested to see what he's going to do with what Moore has in mind.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly, and great TEAMS win Super Bowls. Does anyone here actually think that Aikman, as good as he was, wins those Super Bowls without Emmitt Smith, Irvin, his oline and the defence (including Haley) those years? Nope! The fact that we have a solid and usually consistent QB is vital. Combine him with the WRs we have now, Zeke, our oline, and the defence, I think we have something special. I might even say....super.
And with Garrett, instead of Jimmy as his coach?
Good point.
I mean, just replace coaches and do those Cowboys win?
Peeps can point to Switzer, but if the team didn't have the foundation that Jimmy built...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And with Garrett, instead of Jimmy as his coach?
Good point.
I mean, just replace coaches and do those Cowboys win?
Peeps can point to Switzer, but if the team didn't have the foundation that Jimmy built...

Well, not saying Garrett is anything close to that level of coaching. However, I'm liking what I'm sensing from Moore so far. I will say, I wonder what must go through Jimmy's mind when he watches this offence. That'd be fascinating to see him work with this offence. One can dream, right? Point being, we've got an excellent foundation going into this season. I'm excited. And Aikman, as good as he was, needed the teammates I mentioned. Having great teammates doesn't diminish the quality of the QB. If he succeeds, then his abilities are able to shine through his teammates. This is the ultimate team sport, isn't it?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well, not saying Garrett is anything close to that level of coaching. However, I'm liking what I'm sensing from Moore so far. I will say, I wonder what must go through Jimmy's mind when he watches this offence. That'd be fascinating to see him work with this offence. One can dream, right? Point being, we've got an excellent foundation going into this season. I'm excited. And Aikman, as good as he was, needed the teammates I mentioned. Having great teammates doesn't diminish the quality of the QB. If he succeeds, then his abilities are able to shine through his teammates. This is the ultimate team sport, isn't it?
Use your Horse-sense, like Spiderman! He doesn't use horse-sense, but you know the flavor of this Kool-Aid!

NotForLong

Reaction score
Ill put it this way. . . Aikman on this team, Super Bowl. . . Dak on those 90's teams . . . not so much. . . Dak might not have reached the field

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Use your Horse-sense, like Spiderman! He doesn't use horse-sense, but you know the flavor of this Kool-Aid!

Haha, that's what I'm doing. *whinnies happily* I really like the team we have built. By we, I mean the FO including Will McClay.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ill put it this way. . . Aikman on this team, Super Bowl. . . Dak on those 90's teams . . . not so much. . . Dak might not have reached the field

Well, that remains to be seen with Dak, doesn't it? Our FO has finally built a powerful team that, if Dak does his job, we should be able to make at least the NFCC. I happen to think it's Super Bowl caliber. My only reservation is safety at the moment. If our dline can do their job, then safety shouldn't matter to much. Oh, and we need no more suspensions or injuries. If we can manage to keep those low and our dline helps our secondary, watch out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ill put it this way. . .Garrett coaching the 90's team, no Super Bowl. . . Jimmy coaching this team . . . may have something there.

Exactly, and we now have a team that's got a lot of bite to it now. Let's see what it can accomplish. I'm hoping that Moore turns out to be what Norv Turner (before my time, of course, as I was born in 1992) was for that offence.