Dak Prescott now number 1 in the NFL in completion percentage

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He literally just lit up the best team in the NFL two weeks ago lol.
"lol", and his team lost. He lit them up to the tune of 23 points and his team lost.

You need to believe certain things to have hope - I get it because you're not the only one.

But if you're spiking the football over stats in a loss, you're exactly what I'm talking about.

sjmike

Reaction score
The criticism has not been fair. Dak has played well in four of the six playoff games he has started. In fact, the only games in which Dak has not played well in the playoffs is the 49ers playoff games.

If you combine all his playoff games except the two 49ers games he has a 107.4 passer rating with 91-136-1099YDS-9TD-2INT. He also ran for 3TD's which gives him 12 TD's scored in those 4 games. Only one quarterback in this regular season currently has a better passer rating.

When you combine the two 49ers games, Dak has a passer rating of 66.7 for 46-80-460-2TD-3INT and one rushing TD. However, no one can say that the Cowboys lost these two games because of Dak exclusively. In both cases, it came down to the last few plays of the game.

As long as Dak and the Cowboys continue their current trend, this could be the year that he can put a muzzle on all the critics.
Thanks for providing those stats. Doesn't fit the 'Dak can't play in January' narrative, though. So his detractors won't use them

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who here remembers that guy who repeatedly posted over the summer that "Dak doesn't throw a catchable ball.."

Dude where you at these days?

Please bring us some of your humorous explanations for how a guy who can't read defenses and doesn't throw catchable balls is now top 3 in passer rating, completion percentage, QBR, and #6 in yards per attempt.. You know as in "NOT dink and dunk."

Please come forth and dazzle us with your unparalleled QB knowledge. I would call you out by name but I honestly don't remember it. But you know who you are!
What a turnaround for the lad. From JAG to high-achieving and serviceable QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"lol", and his team lost. He lit them up to the tune of 23 points and his team lost.

You need to believe certain things to have hope - I get it because you're not the only one.

But if you're spiking the football over stats in a loss, you're exactly what I'm talking about.
No I don’t need to believe anything I have eyes and ears. I’m just correcting an incorrect statement you made. You said he lights up bad teams…just informing you some of these teams are good he lights up. But I know it won’t ever be enough. Championship or bust.

So if that’s “spiking a football” so be it. I wait until we actually lose in the playoffs before I turn into a petulant child. I’m enjoying the ride right now.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Who here remembers that guy who repeatedly posted over the summer that "Dak doesn't throw a catchable ball.."

Please bring us some of your humorous explanations for how a guy who can't read defenses and doesn't throw catchable balls is now top 3 in passer rating, completion percentage, QBR, and #6 in yards per attempt.. You know as in "NOT dink and dunk."

Please come forth and dazzle us with your unparalleled QB knowledge. I would call you out by name but I honestly don't remember it. But you know who you are!
Short passes. 8)

Kwyn

Reaction score

A:Yeah, but they are all four yard passes

Q: Wait, I’m seeing it’s 8.1 yards per?

A: Yeah, but lol, 8 yards is trash tier. Troy did like 20 yards per completion

Q: but, isn’t 8.1 yards per fifth best in the league?

A: but it’s been 27 years!!!!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

I guess this guy will be back in January. And not with his tails between his legs but calling you out. ;)

Man, what's up with this stats bragging lately. They don't mean crap. Let's see that kind of game in post season from him and then we're talking. I'm not saying it can't happen, not even saying we can't win a SB with Dak. No one can predict the future. I mean if he takes us to #6, good for him, good for us, good for everybody.

As for now this season is just a mirror of 21 and 22 though. Beating up the little kids, lots of stats padding but failing when a big guy comes up along the way. Oh and the occasional break down against Arizona. Why in the world should this make us ecstatic? Dak is Dak, not worse, nor better.

Let's wait and see. Like always.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
As much as it would benefit the Cowboys of Dak has supposedly turned the corner which is still moot, the team has played four of the worser pass defenses (mostly playing man) in the league in a row heading into play the team with the worst record in the league. To me, this is like celebrating Dak breaking the Cowboys’ QB TD season record against a backup Philadelphia team out of the playoffs in the last game of the season where he threw five TDs in a 17 game season.

Last edited:

The Natural

Reaction score
Last 2 playoff losses:
23/37 206 yards 1 TD 2 picks
23/43 254 yards 1 TD 1 pick

We do not care about completion % in November. Show up in the playoffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great news!

I'm not tapping the brakes nor holding my horses. BUT...Dak has to keep going and be consistent through the whole season and into the playoffs. He is...in fact...in a soft part of the season right now. So keep up the KILLER stats! Even if he/we cool a little bit later on....we'll still be very good and compete.

Now is NOT the time to be smug, brag, told ya sos. There's still a lot of tough games ahead.

I think that's what made brady so good. He didn;t really brag about stats, didn;t chill out with awards or honors........he wanted to DESTROY the next team, week or strong.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The criticism has not been fair. Dak has played well in four of the six playoff games he has started. In fact, the only games in which Dak has not played well in the playoffs is the 49ers playoff games.

If you combine all his playoff games except the two 49ers games he has a 107.4 passer rating with 91-136-1099YDS-9TD-2INT. He also ran for 3TD's which gives him 12 TD's scored in those 4 games. Only one quarterback in this regular season currently has a better passer rating.

When you combine the two 49ers games, Dak has a passer rating of 66.7 for 46-80-460-2TD-3INT and one rushing TD. However, no one can say that the Cowboys lost these two games because of Dak exclusively. In both cases, it came down to the last few plays of the game.

As long as Dak and the Cowboys continue their current trend, this could be the year that he can put a muzzle on all the critics.
If you hang your hat on Dak being such an awesome leader...than any and all criticism is FAIR.

Being a leader is not just buying new nikes and butt slaps. You take the heat.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are about 20 of those aro8nd here.....they are getting their Dak Voodoo dolls overhauled for the home stretch.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Wow....Canton must be measuring his bust as we speak for the HOF.... still can't read defenses and his arm is like a shotgun. Shotgun Dak .... And there isn't just one person on here that thinks that......haven't you seen the Dak Poll above. ?

oh, sorry, it got so embarrassing, they took it down.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Wow....Canton must be measuring his bust as we speak for the HOF.... still can't read defenses and his arm is like a shotgun. Shotgun Dak .... And there isn't just one person on here that thinks that......haven't you seen the Dak Poll above. ?

oh, sorry, it got so embarrassing, they took it down.
Take a couple of shots and calm yourself. I posted a video above that may help.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you hang your hat on Dak being such an awesome leader...than any and all criticism is FAIR.

Being a leader is not just buying new nikes and butt slaps. You take the heat.
no doubt, they have to finish the job and Dak as the QB will get the lion's (yeah #11 should also be held accountable) share of the blame when it fails in the last game. Its the ones that make up things like "He can only Dink and Dunk" that need a fact slap..I agree as a leader stand up and be counted during the playoffs..

Flamma

Reaction score

Why are you trying to root out an outlier? You're going to have people with an unhealthy love or hatred for a player. Dak is among the top QBs in the league because there aren't that many great QBs in the league. It's that simple. Do you think anyone cares how Dak looks against a wasted Giants team, or a 1-8 Panthers team? No. We care about how he looks against Buffalo, Miami, or when Philly comes to Dallas. That's what most level headed fans care about. They care about beating good opponents. That's how you win a championship. Not pointing out stats. No stats are going to tell you Dak is the best QB in the league when everyone can see otherwise.