Dak Prescott playoff stats

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Total playoff stats (six games): 63.4 percent completion, 1,559 yards, 11 TDs, 5 INT, 92.3 passer rating

Four playoff games (not against 49ers): 65 percent completion, 1,099 passing yards, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 107.94 passer rating

Playoff games versus 49ers: 57.5 percent completion, 460 passing yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 66.7 passer rating

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/dak-prescott-postseason-stats

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Look, the 49ers are Dak and the Cowboys’ roadblock. A lot of people, including myself, won’t believe it until I see it. And all that matters in the end is beating them Jan. 27 or Jan. 28.

But to act like he can’t be completely trusted in the playoffs is just lunacy. He’s a competent performer in the playoffs, and has been since he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Total playoff stats (six games): 63.4 percent completion, 1,559 yards, 11 TDs, 5 INT, 92.3 passer rating

Four playoff games (not against 49ers): 65 percent completion, 1,099 passing yards, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 107.94 passer rating

Playoff games versus 49ers: 57.5 percent completion, 460 passing yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 66.7 passer rating

so suffice it to say he has to get over the SF hump...hopefully we get to meet them for NFCCG. or even better, they get upset and we host NFCCG :thumbup:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fun fact Tom Brady has played in a whopping 48 playoff games with an 89 quarterback rating. :)
Brady was obviously great. BUT…even the GOAT had terrible playoff games. Everyone only remembers the greatness of course but in Brady’s last playoff run to a SB win in 2020, he had a terrible game.

Most forget that in the 2020 NFC championship game when the Bucs played at GB, Brady threw 3 pics that should have cost them the game. His defense bailed him out by stopping the pack at the end of that game. Brady went on to have an excellent SB game, but it was the Buc D that won that NFC championship game.

It always takes a team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Brady was obviously great. BUT…even the GOAT had terrible playoff games. Everyone only remembers the greatness of course but in Brady’s last playoff run to a SB win in 2020, he had a terrible game.

Most forget that in the 2020 NFC championship game when the Bucs played at GB, Brady threw 3 pics that should have cost them the game. His defense bailed him out by stopping the pack at the end of that game. Brady went on to have an excellent SB game, but it was the Buc D that won that NFC championship game.

It always takes a team.
This fan is counting upon at a minimum, a 3 game run starting Sunday. I am predicting a 38 point production by the Cowboys against Washington.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Compared to the average, Dak's numbers look fine.

I wouldn't ever use the 2016 Green Bay game any sort of measure though....
That Green Bay team had the worst-rated pass defense that Dallas has ever faced in their entire playoff history.
QBs were falling out of bed all year and going for 300-400 yards on that group....especially when they were on the road.

I havent looked back over all of history but it might be a guess that last years Tampa teams is one of the worst overall teams we've face in the playoffs.

As always, we rack up stats on the weak

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

look we watched all the games, most of our problems are along the offensive line and the run game and the coaching and the scheming and all that other stuff it is not the quarterback losing us these games in the playoffs as a matter of fact they all look the same to me we don't have a strong offensive line we not opening holes we don't have a consistent run game we become one-dimensional and you have a team full of making mistakes with penalties and other things it's not on Prescott Prescott didn't commit 14 penalties in the 2021 game he didn't have all the problems stopping teams from running the football and eating time of possession he had no control that he had a one-dimensional offense that was easily stopped by a four man rush and a lot of zone defense that there was nowhere to throw in no time to throw that is a fact...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look, the 49ers are Dak and the Cowboys’ roadblock. A lot of people, including myself, won’t believe it until I see it. And all that matters in the end is beating them Jan. 27 or Jan. 28.

But to act like he can’t be completely trusted in the playoffs is just lunacy. He’s a competent performer in the playoffs, and has been since he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game.
TEAM GAME TEAM LOSSES

look we watched all the games, most of our problems are along the offensive line and the run game and the coaching and the scheming and all that other stuff it is not the quarterback losing us these games in the playoffs as a matter of fact they all look the same to me we don't have a strong offensive line we not opening holes we don't have a consistent run game we become one-dimensional and you have a team full of making mistakes with penalties and other things it's not on Prescott Prescott didn't commit 14 penalties in the 2021 game he didn't have all the problems stopping teams from running the football and eating time of possession he had no control that he had a one-dimensional offense that was easily stopped by a four man rush and a lot of zone defense that there was nowhere to throw in no time to throw that is a fact...

blueblood70

Reaction score
And in 2023 it would be 110 rating, 35 and 8....lol
Cannot dream of comparing even Romo era to now, let alone 1990s
Must time-adjust QB stats.....always
I'm sorry dude but you're barking up the wrong tree aikman had 100% a better offensive line a better run game a better coaching staff and most of the time a better defense he didn't have to play one-dimensional football in the playoffs so stop trying to convert errors and let's be honest Troy Aikman didn't do this alone nor was he the heartbeat of this team you put Prescott or Romo on those 90s or 70s teams and they don't miss a beat that is how good they are it's not their fault that they have one-dimensional football or other players around them are making mistakes that Troy and Rogers team did not make...

And yet with the gifted team Troy and Roger and even Danny white made so many more mistakes and yes all the interceptions matter they all were mistakes the touchdown interception ratios matter I don't care what year you're in Troy was a literal bus driver 75% of his career in Dallas because the heartbeat of the team was that offensive line and Emmitt Smith and then the defense and special teams did their job that is what a team looks like that is how you win a championship so don't give me this nonsense about era because I'm sick of hearing about it right now let's discuss Prescott having to play without a run game and with a shaky offensive line and he had some of the worst coaching Staffs if you comparing the Landry and Jimmy we he had Garrett most of this time but right now he's missing a championship run game offensive line and defense... Has been most of his career unless your head's been under a Rock You show me where he's had an Emmett Smith like performance from the run game and then him not doing anything in that game no Prescott and Romo have stepped up in every single game they got some support around them they win those games just like Troy just like Roger you give them something and they will make it happen..

But around here the last three playoff losses there's no run game whatsoever the offensive line is being shoved back into the backfield by the 49ers with a four man rush and there's still no time and there's nobody to throw to you because they're able to play maximum zone on the back end there's no separation we have one weapon and CD lamb and everybody else is covered..

If you try to respond that anything that I said is untrue then you truly are a hater and you have no understanding of the game of football when it comes to the team aspect right now Prescott and Romo have been so far behind what Troy and Roger had in their careers so let's just keep it right there...

pete026

Reaction score
Fun fact Tom Brady has played in a whopping 48 playoff games with an 89 quarterback rating. :)
Generally, the further you go in the playoffs, the tougher the competition. Brady frequently played deep into the playoffs so one could surmise his "average/rating" numbers would probably be lower.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm sorry dude but you're barking up the wrong tree aikman had 100% a better offensive line a better run game a better coaching staff and most of the time a better defense he didn't have to play one-dimensional football in the playoffs so stop trying to convert errors and let's be honest Troy Aikman didn't do this alone nor was he the heartbeat of this team you put Prescott or Romo on those 90s or 70s teams and they don't miss a beat that is how good they are it's not their fault that they have one-dimensional football or other players around them are making mistakes that Troy and Rogers team did not make...

And yet with the gifted team Troy and Roger and even Danny white made so many more mistakes and yes all the interceptions matter they all were mistakes the touchdown interception ratios matter I don't care what year you're in Troy was a literal bus driver 75% of his career in Dallas because the heartbeat of the team was that offensive line and Emmitt Smith and then the defense and special teams did their job that is what a team looks like that is how you win a championship so don't give me this nonsense about era because I'm sick of hearing about it right now let's discuss Prescott having to play without a run game and with a shaky offensive line and he had some of the worst coaching Staffs if you comparing the Landry and Jimmy we he had Garrett most of this time but right now he's missing a championship run game offensive line and defense... Has been most of his career unless your head's been under a Rock You show me where he's had an Emmett Smith like performance from the run game and then him not doing anything in that game no Prescott and Romo have stepped up in every single game they got some support around them they win those games just like Troy just like Roger you give them something and they will make it happen..

But around here the last three playoff losses there's no run game whatsoever the offensive line is being shoved back into the backfield by the 49ers with a four man rush and there's still no time and there's nobody to throw to you because they're able to play maximum zone on the back end there's no separation we have one weapon and CD lamb and everybody else is covered..

If you try to respond that anything that I said is untrue then you truly are a hater and you have no understanding of the game of football when it comes to the team aspect right now Prescott and Romo have been so far behind what Troy and Roger had in their careers so let's just keep it right there...
No dissertation needed.
I was just talking about different eras in general.
I know Aikman specifically had it good in the playoffs. I know you are right about that

Still, overall and in general, WAY easier to pile up passing stats now than even in 2006, let alone 1990 due to all the QB and WR protecting rules, not to mention the QB-friendly passing offensives
Not even debatable, whatsoever.

Also the expanded playoffs make for worse teams.

Last edited:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Wild card wins=2
Second round wins=0
NFC Champ games=0
SB=0
2-4 overall record

Those are the stats that matter for a billion dollar QB.