Dak Prescott playoff stats

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look, the 49ers are Dak and the Cowboys’ roadblock. A lot of people, including myself, won’t believe it until I see it. And all that matters in the end is beating them Jan. 27 or Jan. 28.

But to act like he can’t be completely trusted in the playoffs is just lunacy. He’s a competent performer in the playoffs, and has been since he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game.
Two games(three including this years regular season) and cant solve SF's defense seems like a coaching issue. Talent wise they arent significantly better than the Eagles two years, who we have been able to score on

Legend

Reaction score
Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/troy-aikman-playoff-stats
For Aikman’s first 11 playoff starts,

10-1, 2915 passing yards, 21 TDs, 8 INTs, 106.8 passer rating, 3 SBs 1 SB MVP

111.7 passer rating in the 3 SBs

Post this the Cowboys were still in a steep decline; which started after Jimmy Johnson left & continued to get worse with each passing year.

You need context with total stats.

Last edited:

Legend

Reaction score
I love Troy the player. He was one of the best QBs in franchise history. But...how did Troy perform his first 3 years and last 4 years when he didn't have one of the best Olines in NFL history and Doomsday Defense III around him?

You put Dak and Romo with that 90s SB teams, they would have led those teams to championships as well.
No they would not. Those two cannot win a divisional round playoff game and did not play in the NFC East when it was the NFC Beast.

From 1990-1995, a NFC East team won the SB 5 times in six years.

Dak has a good chance to win a divisional round playoff game this year. But are you 100% confident he will do so?

During Aikman’s first 11 playoff starts, fans expected the Cowboys to win the SB.

No one is confident in Romo and Dak led teams to expect them to win the SB.

I.e., the fans do not know what Cowboys team will show up each week… with the current team; especially in the win or go home playoff games.

Then younger Cowboys fans make a ton of excuses for when Romo and Dak led teams lost/lose in the playoffs.

And then say the Aikman led teams that won 3 SBs were because the teams were loaded. Other playoff teams were loaded too.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two games(three including this years regular season) and cant solve SF's defense seems like a coaching issue. Talent wise they arent significantly better than the Eagles two years, who we have been able to score on
will forever be a team game and I'm not sure what you mean by can't solve san Francisco's defense that's kinda hard by most NFL standards but are we just gonna leave that fact that this last regular season game our defense got smoked like it was a high school practice scrimmage against a pro team also same thing in 2021 I know it was a close game but dude they got walked up and down the field at almost 10 yards per carry in the first half so our defense better solve their offense as well... I believe we lost those games as a team we didn't have great game plans we didn't have great adjustments and no execution that's on the players as well not blame the coaching staff last time I checked the 49ers beat up quite a few teams even though they're not unbeatable it starts in the trenches and you can't blame the coaches if the offensive and defensive lines just can't get it done.. Let's just hope next time we see them the tide can turn a little bit we need our offensive line to just buck up stay in their ground open a few holes create a run game where you play in one-dimensional football and it's hard to solve an offense playing one-dimensional football...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No they would not. Those two cannot win a divisional round playoff game and did not play in the NFC East when it was the NFC Beast.

From 1990-1995, a NFC East team won the SB 5 times in six years.

Dak has a good chance to win a divisional round playoff game this year. But are you 100% confident he will do so?

During Aikman’s first 11 playoff starts, fans expected the Cowboys to win the SB.

No one is confident in Romo and Dak led teams to expect them to win the SB.

I.e., the fans do not know what Cowboys team will show up each week… with the current team; especially in the win or go home playoff games.

Then younger Cowboys fans make a ton of excuses for when Romo and Dak led teams lost/lose in the playoffs.

And then say the Aikman led teams that won 3 SBs were because the teams were loaded. Other playoff teams were loaded too.

I'm 53 years old. I know full well what happened during those 90s SB wins and why. Today's teams don't have the luxury of having the best of any position groups on a team because of the salary cap. The salary cap put an end to the reign of Cowboys SB Championships by 1996, and it's been that way ever since. If you haven't realized all this time what happened and why, you must not have been paying enough attention as to why.

Legend

Reaction score
I'm 53 years old. I know full well what happened during those 90s SB wins and why. Today's teams don't have the luxury of having the best of any position groups on a team because of the salary cap. The salary cap put an end to the reign of Cowboys SB Championships by 1996, and it's been that way ever since. If you haven't realized all this time what happened and why, you must not have been paying enough attention as to why.
It was not the salary cap that built the Cowboys 1990 dynasty.

It was the draft, Hershel Walker trade, Plan B free agent pick ups like Jay Novacek, a lot more trades, and the Charles Haley trade with the 49ers.

The 1990s Cowboys dynasty took a big hit when Jimmy Johnson was fired starting with the first season of Barry Switzer as Aikman described.

The Cowboys (since then) have never been as dominant as the 1993 Dallas Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson.

Jerry and Barry implemented the start of the current Cowboys country club “soft” culture and laughed at Aikman asking for more physical practices.

Thus the 1994 team was not as good as the 1993 team

The 1995 team was not as good as the 1994 team

The 1996 team was not as good as the 1995 team

The 1997 team was not as good as the 1996 team

The Cowboys have not won anything in almost 30 years

And the current Cowboys are still “soft” especially in the trenches.

And once they are punched in the mouth by a physical team; they fold like a cheap tent in heavy winds from Walmart.

Thus, the inability to win multiple games in the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It was not the salary cap that built the Cowboys 1990 dynasty.

It was the draft, Hershel Walker trade, Plan B free agent pick ups like Jay Novacek, a lot more trades, and the Charles Haley trade with the 49ers.

The 1990s Cowboys dynasty took a big hit when Jimmy Johnson was fired starting with the first season of Barry Switzer as Aikman described.

The Cowboys (since then) have never been as dominant as the 1993 Dallas Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson.

Jerry and Barry implemented the start of the current Cowboys country club “soft” culture and laughed at Aikman asking for more physical practices.

Thus the 1994 team was not as good as the 1993 team

The 1995 team was not as good as the 1994 team

The 1996 team was not as good as the 1995 team

The 1997 team was not as good as the 1996 team

The Cowboys have not won anything in almost 30 years

And the current Cowboys are still “soft” especially in the trenches.

And once they are punched in the mouth by a physical team; they fold like a cheap tent in heavy winds from Walmart.

Thus, the inability to win multiple games in the playoffs.

All true, but the salary cap and free agency was the final nail in the coffin.

Legend

Reaction score
All true, but the salary cap and free agency was the final nail in the coffin.
Final nail was Jerry Jones making bad trades and draft picks post Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was courting Deion at the 1993 SB before the game started.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Final nail was Jerry Jones making bad trades and draft picks post Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was courting Deion at the 1993 SB before the game started.
Once again, the salary cap ended the championship trips for the Cowboys.

Legend

Reaction score
Once again, the salary cap ended the championship trips for the Cowboys.
Jimmy Johnson firing ended the Cowboys dynasty.

The Cowboys would have won at least two more SBs if Jimmy stayed.

The Cowboys fell off quickly under Switzer.

That was due more to his approach (where Aikman had to play QB and also coach to try and plug holes in the sinking Titantic) instead of the salary cap.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

That was due more to his approach (where Aikman had to play QB and also coach to try and plug holes in the sinking Titantic) instead of the salary cap.
All true, but you're still not seeing the bigger picture. The salary cap forced key starters to seek bigger pay elsewhere. It's been that way ever since.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Ding, ding, ding. Anyone watching those teams should know that is the truth.

Salary cap was a Jerry pushed agenda. So any blame on the cap hurting their chances is also Jerry’s fault. Any difficulty they have had to adjusting to the cap era and how to play the contract games is also Jerry’s fault.

Constructing a championship club cannot be done with any 500 different coaches. And the guy you are conversing with is trying to say the best two starting Cowboys’ QB’s after Aikman would have won championships with those squads is kinda doing the same thing as Jerry. I don’t converse with anyone that tries to diminish a hall of fame QB for the team they claim to be a fan of-just to prop up the current QB.

Legend

Reaction score
All true, but you're still not seeing the bigger picture. The salary cap forced key starters to seek bigger pay elsewhere. It's been that way ever since.
If the NFL had no salary cap; Jerry Jones would waste more $ on the wrong players and the Cowboys will still not win anything due to their current “soft” culture.

I.e., contract to Steele, signing LVE instead of Bobby Wagner, signing Gallup and trading Cooper, drafting Taco instead of Watt, drafting Mazi Smith and the TE from Michigan… etc

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If the NFL had no salary cap; Jerry Jones would waste more $ on the wrong players and the Cowboys will still not win anything due to their current “soft” culture.

I.e., contract to Steele, signing LVE instead of Bobby Wagner, signing Gallup and trading Cooper, drafting Taco instead of Watt, drafting Mazi Smith and the TE from Michigan… etc
True!

CCBoy

Reaction score

If one had any brains he would take them out and play with them as you do with the real facts. Complain during the off season...crap along.

You better hurry, your regulators are leaving...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ding, ding, ding. Anyone watching those teams should know that is the truth.

Salary cap was a Jerry pushed agenda. So any blame on the cap hurting their chances is also Jerry’s fault. Any difficulty they have had to adjusting to the cap era and how to play the contract games is also Jerry’s fault.

Constructing a championship club cannot be done with any 500 different coaches. And the guy you are conversing with is trying to say the best two starting Cowboys’ QB’s after Aikman would have won championships with those squads is kinda doing the same thing as Jerry. I don’t converse with anyone that tries to diminish a hall of fame QB for the team they claim to be a fan of-just to prop up the current QB.
Respect is one thing, bias is another...

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's talking about unguarded spending on free agency...right now, how many free agents have contracts coming up as well as top shelf contracts for a handful of top shelf players are awaiting salary cap commitments at the very top levels right now? Want them?

TheHerd

Reaction score
This fan is counting upon at a minimum, a 3 game run starting Sunday. I am predicting a 38 point production by the Cowboys against Washington.
I think the weather will prevent this.