Dak Prescott playoff stats

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So weird.

Troy is diminished for Dak because his stats are worse and he had a stacked team so that’s why he won the SB.

Romo is diminished for Dak because he had just as good (if not better) teams than Dak and his stats are comparable.
Truth hurts.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I'm sorry dude but you're barking up the wrong tree aikman had 100% a better offensive line a better run game a better coaching staff and most of the time a better defense he didn't have to play one-dimensional football in the playoffs so stop trying to convert errors and let's be honest Troy Aikman didn't do this alone nor was he the heartbeat of this team you put Prescott or Romo on those 90s or 70s teams and they don't miss a beat that is how good they are it's not their fault that they have one-dimensional football or other players around them are making mistakes that Troy and Rogers team did not make...

And yet with the gifted team Troy and Roger and even Danny white made so many more mistakes and yes all the interceptions matter they all were mistakes the touchdown interception ratios matter I don't care what year you're in Troy was a literal bus driver 75% of his career in Dallas because the heartbeat of the team was that offensive line and Emmitt Smith and then the defense and special teams did their job that is what a team looks like that is how you win a championship so don't give me this nonsense about era because I'm sick of hearing about it right now let's discuss Prescott having to play without a run game and with a shaky offensive line and he had some of the worst coaching Staffs if you comparing the Landry and Jimmy we he had Garrett most of this time but right now he's missing a championship run game offensive line and defense... Has been most of his career unless your head's been under a Rock You show me where he's had an Emmett Smith like performance from the run game and then him not doing anything in that game no Prescott and Romo have stepped up in every single game they got some support around them they win those games just like Troy just like Roger you give them something and they will make it happen..

But around here the last three playoff losses there's no run game whatsoever the offensive line is being shoved back into the backfield by the 49ers with a four man rush and there's still no time and there's nobody to throw to you because they're able to play maximum zone on the back end there's no separation we have one weapon and CD lamb and everybody else is covered..

If you try to respond that anything that I said is untrue then you truly are a hater and you have no understanding of the game of football when it comes to the team aspect right now Prescott and Romo have been so far behind what Troy and Roger had in their careers so let's just keep it right there...
You are a clueless Dak lover.. period. Aikman or Romo in this day in age is better any day of the week than Dak.

Dak is the main reason we have 0 success. You can only hitch your wagon to a loser for so long.

But you like losers so good luck to you. I'll make sure to message you after our playoff exit. See how you are doing.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
What does this even mean? How do you “time adjust” something like interceptions?
If you don't know what time adjusted means in the NFL, there is no helping you. Go watch tennis where you belong.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Two Seed a Sign? – During the Cowboys run of the 1990's, the Cowboys won their first Super Bowl in a three-year span from the two-seed spot in the NFC. Dallas took down Philadelphia in the divisional round, the 49ers in the conference championship game, and the Bills in Super Bowl 27. A scenario that could repeat if all falls into place, starting with Buffalo making the playoffs with a win in Week 18.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/big-facts-dak-prescott-quickest-to-200-passing-tds

GINeric

Reaction score
Total playoff stats (six games): 63.4 percent completion, 1,559 yards, 11 TDs, 5 INT, 92.3 passer rating

Four playoff games (not against 49ers): 65 percent completion, 1,099 passing yards, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 107.94 passer rating

Playoff games versus 49ers: 57.5 percent completion, 460 passing yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 66.7 passer rating

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/dak-prescott-postseason-stats

I'd like to see the stats of all the penalty yards Dak had to try fight through just to get a first down.

It's hard expecting any quarterback to start off 1st and 20, 2nd and 15 or 20 damn near every drive.

I'd like to see the success rate stat of quarterbacks who's team committed 14, 15 penalties in a playoff game vs a number one defense like Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's no secret the Cowboys, in the Dak era, have not faired well in the playoffs. So what's the point in bringing this up now, just before the Cowboys head into the playoffs yet again? It's obvious the point is to plant doubt with the fans. The OP is doing a very unfriendly thing to real Cowboy fans by posting this at this untimely moment. I don't appreciate the post and would encourage the OP to try to be a better fan with the material he/she posts in the future. Planting doubt in the fans just before the playoffs begin is a very underhanded thing to do.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you don't know what time adjusted means in the NFL, there is no helping you. Go watch tennis where you belong.
Oh, yes...by all means raise your pinkie as you blow the head off your beer and cry into it...

mail

Kermit the frog

plymkr

Reaction score
That seems like something that Dak has the ability to improve. Not good numbers but not horrendous.
That said, I think we want the #2 seed.

Anyway, good stat research.
:thumbup:
We definitely want the #2 seed.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You are a clueless Dak lover.. period. Aikman or Romo in this day in age is better any day of the week than Dak.

Dak is the main reason we have 0 success. You can only hitch your wagon to a loser for so long.

But you like losers so good luck to you. I'll make sure to message you after our playoff exit. See how you are doing.

(coughing loudly, the word that starts with b and rhyms with witch, ended following the start of the season)

Now, ride along...

plymkr

Reaction score
there is so much that goes into the success of a QB and so much that goes into lack of it. Unlike many on this board would have you think he had help in both his successes and failures.

TEAM GAME
Big time team game. I don’t think anyone is ever going to accuse me of being a Dak apologist but to be fair to Dak what are the numbers for:
1. Jason Garrett in the playoffs
2. Kellen Moore in the playoffs
3: Mike McCarthy in the playoffs
4: most importantly Jerry Jones in the playoffs since Jimmy left. Or Jerry Jones overall record since ‘89.

As far as Dak goes I’m not worried about him going into the playoffs. I am worried about the team’s overall psyche when on the road and the team’s overall psyche with the 49ers.

I feel right now that Dak and the rest of the team can go toe to toe with anyone in the NFL if their fractured psyche can get fixed in those 2 areas. That’s what a coach is for. Hopefully McCarthy and Quinn can repair the damaged psyche.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Big time team game. I don’t think anyone is ever going to accuse me of being a Dak apologist but to be fair to Dak what are the numbers for:
1. Jason Garrett in the playoffs
2. Kellen Moore in the playoffs
3: Mike McCarthy in the playoffs
4: most importantly Jerry Jones in the playoffs since Jimmy left. Or Jerry Jones overall record since ‘89.

As far as Dak goes I’m not worried about him going into the playoffs. I am worried about the team’s overall psyche when on the road and the team’s overall psyche with the 49ers.

I feel right now that Dak and the rest of the team can go toe to toe with anyone in the NFL if their fractured psyche can get fixed in those 2 areas. That’s what a coach is for. Hopefully McCarthy and Quinn can repair the damaged psyche.
Soldiers are hardened in battle and grow into steel. (no, not steele) Not by fan frustrations as to players. There is already a home advantage, that comes with pride.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, yeah. For some people. That’s why they’ll contradict themselves, cherry pick, excuse, or twist history to elevate “their” player.
I love Troy the player. He was one of the best QBs in franchise history. But...how did Troy perform his first 3 years and last 4 years when he didn't have one of the best Olines in NFL history and Doomsday Defense III around him?

You put Dak and Romo with that 90s SB teams, they would have led those teams to championships as well.

plymkr

Reaction score
Soldiers are hardened in battle and grow into steel. (no, not steele) Not by fan frustrations as to players. There is already a home advantage, that comes with pride.
I’m hoping we can take this steel and pride on the road.

I’m from south of Chicago and I grew up a Bulls fan. The Bulls lost to the Pistons every year in the playoffs. Not only did they lose but they got beat up. Then they broke through and beat the Pistons. I’m hoping this is our year of breaking through the barrier of the 49ers like the Bulls did with the Pistons.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's no secret the Cowboys, in the Dak era, have not faired well in the playoffs. So what's the point in bringing this up now, just before the Cowboys head into the playoffs yet again? It's obvious the point is to plant doubt with the fans. The OP is doing a very unfriendly thing to real Cowboy fans by posting this at this untimely moment. I don't appreciate the post and would encourage the OP to try to be a better fan with the material he/she posts in the future. Planting doubt in the fans just before the playoffs begin is a very underhanded thing to do.
Really? Who cares if fans have doubts man? As long as the players are confident and come out playing like they're possessed us fans can be on pins and needles all day and it makes zero difference. People drawn offsides that easily were going to be miserable anyway.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I love Troy the player. He was one of the best QBs in franchise history. But...how did Troy perform his first 3 years and last 4 years when he didn't have one of the best Olines in NFL history and Doomsday Defense III around him?

You put Dak and Romo with that 90s SB teams, they would have led those teams to championships as well.
I don't think the younger version of either guy gets it done. Romo threw committed too many turnovers and put the defense in harms way too much and young Dak simply was not a polished enough passer to get it down. Then again handing off to Emmitt behind that line he might not have needed to be. But post 2013 Romo and the current version of Dak? Absolutely they could get it down. Troy was the better QB at 25 than either of them. But Romo and Dak were/are a lot better after 30 than Troy was IMHO. The beating he took in those early years before the line gelled caused his body to start to betray him prematurely.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
I think its funny you guys are assuming the boys are going to make it to the NFCCG against the niners. We could very well blow it before then, look at the last 25 years.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Compared to the average, Dak's numbers look fine.

I wouldn't ever use the 2016 Green Bay game any sort of measure though....
That Green Bay team had the worst-rated pass defense that Dallas has ever faced in their entire playoff history.
QBs were falling out of bed all year and going for 300-400 yards on that group....especially when they were on the road.

I havent looked back over all of history but it might be a guess that last years Tampa teams is one of the worst overall teams we've face in the playoffs.

As always, we rack up stats on the weak
Lest we forget TB
Their pass rush was non-existent, in fact their DTs and LB constantly took outside rush lanes and left Dak standing in the pocket with absolutely nobody blocking his vision and zero pressure.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

I think you guys should go back and watch the games. None of them were cakewalks over their opponents, especially the NFC championship. The first SB thrashing resulted because the team forced turnovers and capitalized on them, destroying the psyche of a previously three-peating that became a four time SB loser. Troy was excellent in that first year throwing 11 TDs to only one pick. At that time no one knew any of those players as HOF worthy. Every SB winning team needs skilled players at every position, good defenses and a good to great coaching staff. Troy was the #1 pick for a reason. There was a significant fall off in talent once Jimmy left and Lacewell and Jerry took over personnel management.

blueblood70

Reaction score
2 elite games - GB/Tampa
2 good to average games- Sea/LA
1 below average game- San Fran 2021
1 bad game- San Fran 2022

Unfortunately San Fran is what stands between us and a SB appearance, but you take them out of the picture for a second and Dak has been a good playoff QB.

Need to get over the SF hump though. Think Mike’s playcalling gives us a much better chance than Moore’s. Ask Steve Young lol.
Anybody that says he had a below average game in 2021 without putting the perspective on the context the offensive line and the run game again were not there the offensive line alone had 11 penalties we played behind the chains all game you expect him they have an A game in a scenario where the rest of the team shot themselves in the foot matter of fact it was friendly fire they shot him in the foot there was nothing he could do to overcome playing that type of football against that team when the rest of your team around you just can't catch a break..... Literally the worst take I've ever seen is blaming the quarterback for those San Francisco games did you see the offensive line did you see the run game yeah I saw it it was a train wreck and not a good one..... You cannot function as a quarterback with that type of offensive line play play calling and run production you're 1 dimensional against one of the better defenses in football that's easy for them that's like scrimmaging... And it only shows how good a team we could be the fact that we only lost those games by one score but Prescott gets a incomplete from me in those games because he had never had a real chance every time they put a step forward there were two steps back with penalties or the defense giving up long drives couldn't establish the run game nobody's getting open this is pretty common knowledge unless you're a common fan I mean are you one of those common people who don't see football from the inside out??

Let me grade those type of fans

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yup can't get any lower blaming the quarterback for obvious issues he plays well if he has any resemblance of an offensive line in a run game Prescott is a great quarterback but all great quarterbacks need help you cannot have one-dimensional football against the better teams than the playoffs you just can't keeping carrying this team like that this year but that was mostly against average teams or below average teams and he can do that he can win you games by himself however against San Francisco or a better defense you better have more than just a quarterback and a wide receiver that's it that's all they've had no run game offensive line either not blocking not opening holes or getting 11 penalties!!!!!!