News: Dak Prescott, Randall Cobb connection taking off in Cowboys’ OTA’s

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if there was no hype at all, would all the "usuals" be happy? Then what would you all crap on or about?
The price of a cheeseburger at the stadium?
Which actually is the same price as the Movie Tavern Cheeseburger up the street. But I guess no one complains about that or a $10 popcorn.
Because it is not Jerry making the profits?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here you go bud figured I'd help....

The jersey dump was extreme but some people have strong opinions about Prescott.

Trashing the cap crossed the line.

Dissing the Star puts Bayless on my Terrell Owens <Expletive> List.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cobb made the Pro Bowl in 2014, the only time in his career, hasn't sniffed it since, and is touted as a new offensive playmaker.

Sean Lee made the Pro Bowl in 2015 and 2016, and All Pro in 2016, and is treated as an after thought that a lot of people want cut.
Did you watch Sean Lee play last year?

stiletto

Reaction score
It would be nice if Cobb has a resurgence with us but you just never know. He could get hurt in training camp, who knows what will happen. I liked the signing but it is too early to get real excited, that's for sure.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It’s not often that you see Randall Cobb drop a pass, especially when he’s on the move -- but that was the case during the two-minute drill. The defense brought a slot blitz from Prescott’s right and both he and Cobb read it perfectly. Cobb worked up the field, then broke to the inside. Heath tried to catch up but there was slight separation. Prescott put the ball on Cobb head high, which is usually money for him -- but he just couldn’t come down with it. In talking to people around The Star, it appears that the Prescott/Cobb connection has taken off in a positive way.

While some may take the first part of this quote in with some concern, I think it’s very important to read the entirety of the quote before freaking out. Even though the main reason for this quote was to highlight a big drop from Cobb in practice, Broaddus made a point to mention that many people who work inside The Star are very excited about the connection that Dak Prescott, and Randall Cobb have developed early on.

If Cobb can come in and put up similar numbers/play that he did in his prime years in 2014-2015, the Cowboys will have severely upgraded their receiving corps in 2019 with the addition of Cobb, a full offseason with Amari Cooper, and a second-year jump from Michael Gallup.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ll-cobb-connection-taking-off-in-cowboys-otas

So Dak didn't put the ball right at Cobbs facemask like he did Dez?

Disappointing.

InTheZone

Reaction score
NFC East title 2 of the past 3 seasons. I want a SB as much as the next guy but all this down playing and doom and gloom yet this team has been pretty darn good the last 3 years
2 nfc east titles and the eagles 1st SB Victory, in the last 3 years thanks to us slacking in 2017, yeah let's not get too excited about our "success".

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll save judgement for game day when we're getting punched back

That is where you hope to see the work and practice payoff is game day. Right now they are out there doing what they need to do to give themselves a chance come game day. I almost wish the Cowboys would do a complete media blackout this time of year because it seems that fans do not appreciate the work they are doing now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2 nfc east titles and the eagles 1st SB Victory, in the last 3 years thanks to us slacking in 2017, yeah let's not get too excited about our "success".

Well hell it only took Philly 57 years since their last championship. As I said I like everyone else wants to see this team win a SB. This current group lead by Dak has been in the league 3 season and won the east 2 of the last 3 years and why they get blamed for past failures I don't get. Sorry as a fan I get excited about the prospect of this team, I know from coming here there are some who don't see any positives with this team and that is fine I know for some all they see is darkness and I think they would not know what to do or say without it

Staubacher

Reaction score
Austin was gonna be the new Michael Irvin last season

We were gonna have 50+ sacks and the #1 defense

Taco Charlton was gonna bust out

Jerrah thanks you for your loyalty.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Well hell it only took Philly 57 years since their last championship. As I said I like everyone else wants to see this team win a SB. This current group lead by Dak has been in the league 3 season and won the east 2 of the last 3 years and why they get blamed for past failures I don't get. Sorry as a fan I get excited about the prospect of this team, I know from coming here there are some who don't see any positives with this team and that is fine I know for some all they see is darkness and I think they would not know what to do or say without it
I'm as hopeful for our next SB, and can only hope it happens sooner than later. I think we can all agree on that.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wow. There is nothing but good news this time of year. Where does all of that go during the season?

No, this is different. Last year we were hopeful, but pessimistic. I can’t remember in offseason filled with such optimism and good feeling. The last time I remember feeling like this was after the ‘91 season when we just knew the team was destined for great things.

I get that people want to tap the brakes. People don’t want to build up their expectations and get let down again. But TheSkaven (that’s me) is here to tell you that the hype is real.

This is going to be a season to remember.

morat1959

Reaction score
It’s not often that you see Randall Cobb drop a pass, especially when he’s on the move -- but that was the case during the two-minute drill. The defense brought a slot blitz from Prescott’s right and both he and Cobb read it perfectly. Cobb worked up the field, then broke to the inside. Heath tried to catch up but there was slight separation. Prescott put the ball on Cobb head high, which is usually money for him -- but he just couldn’t come down with it. In talking to people around The Star, it appears that the Prescott/Cobb connection has taken off in a positive way.

While some may take the first part of this quote in with some concern, I think it’s very important to read the entirety of the quote before freaking out. Even though the main reason for this quote was to highlight a big drop from Cobb in practice, Broaddus made a point to mention that many people who work inside The Star are very excited about the connection that Dak Prescott, and Randall Cobb have developed early on.

If Cobb can come in and put up similar numbers/play that he did in his prime years in 2014-2015, the Cowboys will have severely upgraded their receiving corps in 2019 with the addition of Cobb, a full offseason with Amari Cooper, and a second-year jump from Michael Gallup.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ll-cobb-connection-taking-off-in-cowboys-otas

Here’s what I got from this...ole no hips Heath “tried to catch up.” Lol!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No, this is different. Last year we were hopeful, but pessimistic. I can’t remember in offseason filled with such optimism and good feeling. The last time I remember feeling like this was after the ‘91 season when we just knew the team was destined for great things.

I get that people want to tap the brakes. People don’t want to build up their expectations and get let down again. But TheSkaven (that’s me) is here to tell you that the hype is real.

This is going to be a season to remember.

You are right people tend to tap on the so breaks because they don't want to be let down. Myself I have high expectation of this group and will not temper that because others are afraid to step out on the limb. Not afraid to support my team