Dak Prescott:The NFL's next great QB

erod

Reaction score
And Romo plummeted Roy Williams's(WR) career.

Every QB has to have guys who he fits w/.

Roy Williams barely had a career.

Romo managed to fit beautifully with Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, Patrick Crayton, Terrance Williams, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant, Terrell Owens, Cole Beasley....

Can you fathom what he could do with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup?

He even made Gavin Escobar seem productive. That is no small feet.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
With this offensive line, Zeke Elliott in the backfield, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Witten, and Jarwin catching passes, just about every starting QB in the NFL could be efficient.

Good gosh.
The only time he had a good offensive line was his first year. He didn’t have Zeke much his 2nd year He had no WR’s his 2nd year. He has never had Cobb. He didn’t have Cooper most of last year. Good gosh.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the way he reacts to pressure. Runs straight into it. First sign of pressure, panic city. He's probably ranked number one or two in fear from pressure.

Proof how Dak looks under pressure....58 sack and 12 fumbles.....ya he has Pressure issues for sure for sure!!!!!

44000213_761985554152283_8055524143354018252_n.jpg

erod

Reaction score
The only time he had a good offensive line was his first year. He didn’t have Zeke much his 2nd year He had no WR’s his 2nd year. He has never had Cobb. He didn’t have Cooper most of last year. Good gosh.

That's just not true. Defenses figured out they really don't have to fear Dak. Just load up the line of scrimmage and gang up on Zeke becuase far more often than not, Dak won't make them pay for that. The offensive line is deluged with pressure up front as a result.

Defenses couldn't play Dallas that way with a bigger threat at QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's just not true. Defenses figured out they really don't have to fear Dak. Just load up the line of scrimmage and gang up on Zeke becuase far more often than not, Dak won't make them pay for that. The offensive line is deluged with pressure up front as a result.

Defenses couldn't play Dallas that way with a bigger threat at QB.
Yep

Even with the issues we had last year with OL it was still enough for Elliott to lead the league in rushing.

Our OL last year still had 2 Pro Bowlers. Better than most of the OL in the league.

As always Dak needs so much talent around him to be successful.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
what does TR or 2013 have to do with Dak? When did TR even come into the conversion, the old fall back no answers deflect sad so sad.

It’s obvious you Dak haters are all still butt hurt from Dak taking his job, there is no other reasonable explanation for the hate. He is statistically better than Romo and almost anyone else at this stage in his career and people atill hate on him.

Case in point, the post I responded to using an all star game played in the rain as proof he sucks. Almost as good as using a circus throwing contest with his coach or ex players as examples. It’s ludicrous.

Falco78

Reaction score
He walked into the greatest offensive personnel of any QB in NFL history as a starting rookie QB.
An aging TE and WR that was looking terrible? Another to be gone from NFL soon. What do you speak of

Brax

Reaction score
It’s obvious you Dak haters are all still butt hurt from Dak taking his job, there is no other reasonable explanation for the hate. He is statistically better than Romo and almost anyone else at this stage in his career and people atill hate on him.

Case in point, the post I responded to using an all star game played in the rain as proof he sucks. Almost as good as using a circus throwing contest with his coach or ex players as examples. It’s ludicrous.
You need to loose your fixation with TR, TR has nothing to do with Dak absolutely nothing, why even bring him up, not sure why you would think I am some kind of TR fan am not and never was. If Dak can't stand on his own merits bringing your twisted view of who you think he is better than is sad and you should learn to control the urge. Dak has accuracy problems saying it isn't so does make it so.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not until he uses his legs more.

His mobility is his biggest strength and the team along with his refusal to run at times hurts our offense.

How many 3rd downs could he have picked up this past season had he just tucked it and ran?

His arm talent is mediocre.. Run.

That's true 17, but I don't think he's refusing to run, I think Garrett is stopping it. Dak used to run frequently, so he's not afraid to run.
If you recall, Romo used to be dangerous when he was on the run outside the pocket, but the Cowboys attached a ball and chain to his ankle.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That's true 17, but I don't think he's refusing to run, I think Garrett is stopping it. Dak used to run frequently, so he's not afraid to run.
If you recall, Romo used to be dangerous when he was on the run outside the pocket, but the Cowboys attached a ball and chain to his ankle.

Nobody is stopping Dak from running and Dak had more rushing attempts last year than his first two seasons.

How much more do you folks want him to run? Dang.

erod

Reaction score
An aging TE and WR that was looking terrible? Another to be gone from NFL soon. What do you speak of
Dez wasn't terrible til Dak got here, and that aging TE and Beasley were the only guys Dak would throw it to.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't know Prescott's future. I'm guessing he'll be the exact same quarterback we've seen over the last 3 years, and that's not bad. I'm wondering when he's going to get his contract, and how much over 100 million will he get. Will Jerry give him 30 million a year, or more?

I'm guessing Goff, and Wentz will be in that 100 to 150 million range. Time will tell, and what impact would that make on our teams ability to field other good players around him.