Dak Prescott:The NFL's next great QB

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He walked into the greatest offensive personnel of any QB in NFL history as a starting rookie QB.
And he had the best rookie performance in NFL history.
Then Dez and the OL tanked, along with Zeke’s suspension and a defense that couldn’t stop anyone.
Now we are building something special,and more balanced.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then we aren't winning. Again, you don't win by having a QB "run more". And what you're asking should come naturally - if he doesn't know when to take off and run, he will never know. Designing a playbook around running is not the way to go in the NFL. This isn't college.

I guess the hope is strong defense and a run game can take us there.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Internet for ten years of Tony Romo starting: "He has more turnovers than big plays, we need efficiency!!"

The Internet for three years of Dak Prescott starting: "Sure he is efficient, but we need big plays!!!"

Actually just make the easy plays that are they would be just fine!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes. Are we supposed to disregard his first 7 games??

No Willie you’re not. But then again, the offensive supporting cast at receiving positions was straight absolute garbage.

Somebody stated that Dak runs an efficient offense if he has good talent around him.

You Stated, no he doesn’t.

They then countered that his points per drive was good with good talent. You countered they were 14th in PPD for the season.

However the talent around Dak wasn’t good the first 7 games, at least at the receiving spots.

Once they got a legit receiver the PPD went to top 10 For the league. Which actually proves the other poster correct that Dak runs an efficient offense if he has good talent around him.

So of course, don’t disregard the first 7 games. But also don’t disregard the last 9 and the trend that the offense was improving and becoming more efficient.

Dak and the entire offense except Zeke played like crap early in the season.

Dak and the rest of the offense improved as the season went on and were playing at a much higher level at the end of the season.

Pretty fair and simple.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He walked into the greatest offensive personnel of any QB in NFL history as a starting rookie QB.

Romo has just as good a supporting cast in 2014. Maybe even better.

How far did he get with them?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yawn. He had a great line and RB.

WRs mediocre. TE past his prime.

Baker Mayfield was in the same situation last year.
You think Cleveland's oline and running back were as good or better than Dallas' last year?
Almost...but not quite..as bad as the Jarwin inclusion a few posts earlier
:muttley:

Ken

Reaction score
With this offensive line, Zeke Elliott in the backfield, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Witten, and Jarwin catching passes, just about every starting QB in the NFL could be efficient.

Good gosh.
Offensive line was the epitomy of garbage the past year and a half. Not sure what games you have been watching.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You think Cleveland's oline and running back were as good or better than Dallas' last year?
Almost...but not quite..as bad as the Jarwin inclusion a few posts earlier
:muttley:

Cleveland was a bad comparison.

Their RB’s aren’t as good as Zeke. Although not a bad unit overall.

Their receivers and TE were better than ours. Especially prior to the Cooper trade.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Offensive line was the epitomy of garbage the past year and a half. Not sure what games you have been watching.

@Ken

You forgot. Sacks allowed is now solely a QB’s fault.

I know people used to hold the OL accountable for giving up sacks years ago. But this past season that changed.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo has just as good a supporting cast in 2014. Maybe even better.

How far did he get with them?
@erod said the receivers we're good enough right before he got here. Remind h right before he got here was 2015 and crickets. You're talking to a wall.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He definitely misses passes and he definitely presses when he has 2 seconds or less to pull the trigger. But he improved on the second part as last season when on.

My point is that you never heard a peep about this in his first year and a half when he had time to throw and his OL was healthy. All of the "he can't read defenses" comments started when he had 2 seconds or less to pass. You only get one read in those situations and a high school kid can show tape of a WR breaking open at the split second he is moving away from pressure and about to get hit.

I always go back to his very first appearance in the preseason:

Quick and decisive, and not overthinking things. He dropped back and he threw, with little hesitation. I see more hesitation today than I did back then.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy presents an excellent case, and everyone should be able to admit that.

But in all likelihood, most of the. Dak bashers didn't even watch the presentation.

Can't open a closed mind.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When things weren't perfect for Dak he looked like he didn't belong as a backup in the nfl. When everything is clicking he is maybe just above average, and that's when he has the best OL, best RB, stud TE, stud Receiver, good defense. He struggled without zeke. struggled without a true #1 and admitted he couldn't remember where the play was designed to go based on coverage and what was called. He is not a tactician of the position, but he's not stupid either. As long as he continues to get the all star support that has the team will win regular season games and maybe a playoff game or 2.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This was one bad, Dak slobbering video. QB winz out the wazoo, directly comparing stats from QBs 25 years apart, and just general stupidity about football overall. The only intrigue is really wondering which Dak slobberer from here is the video author (and owner of the featured annoying voice).

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I do more reading than posting in these fan threads. With that said, when I see something posted negatively I understand. But when one of our fans post something that is simply incorrect to make our QB look bad simply to prove a point, then I step in.

The bold above is simply an invalid comment. Unless you have a link to back such an hideous comment up, please refrain from doing so. Because just from the top of my head, 2004 Steelers come to mind.

I'm not old enough to remember back in the 1800's of NFL HISTORY you speak of. I'm sure there's other rookie QB's. Pointing out Dak and using the terminology NFL HISTORY is simply ignorant towards the topic.

(Nothing personal intended)

My Source/link to backup as stated.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Pittsburgh_Steelers_season

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Zeke led the NFL in rushing last year and for the games he played in 2017, but that was a fluke, right?

Nobody throws up softballs like you, Ken. LOL

Brax

Reaction score
No Willie you’re not. But then again, the offensive supporting cast at receiving positions was straight absolute garbage.

Somebody stated that Dak runs an efficient offense if he has good talent around him.

You Stated, no he doesn’t.

They then countered that his points per drive was good with good talent. You countered they were 14th in PPD for the season.

However the talent around Dak wasn’t good the first 7 games, at least at the receiving spots.

Once they got a legit receiver the PPD went to top 10 For the league. Which actually proves the other poster correct that Dak runs an efficient offense if he has good talent around him.

So of course, don’t disregard the first 7 games. But also don’t disregard the last 9 and the trend that the offense was improving and becoming more efficient.

Dak and the entire offense except Zeke played like crap early in the season.

Dak and the rest of the offense improved as the season went on and were playing at a much higher level at the end of the season.

Pretty fair and simple.
good read, it capture this boards feeling pretty well.
https://1053thefan.radio.com/blogs/...nfls-most-over-valued-and-under-valued-player