Dak Prescott:The NFL's next great QB

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. And I am not targeting any poster at all. It’s just funny that I know if he played on anther team and had this success that they would be mad we didn’t have him. Or if we drafted and traded him then this board would have been melted down. Then they question the talent we have around him. Lol.
America's Team. The real definition is we have the best talent always. LOL give me football players over money Players any day of the week. it's not just talent that wins football games.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I was the GM. Be blessed I'm not LOL I would draft a quarterback every single season in the late rounds. You just never know what you're going to get. I would have a revolving door like Jimmy.
Seems the pats are good at it. But brady won’t retire so they keep trading them off.

DFWJC

Reaction score
From the first snap until the last snap everything in between is called football. When the game is on the line and Dak Prescott has the ball in his hands last. He has more wins since he's been this league than any other quarterback. And that is a fact no opinion required.
I do think he's had some nice clutch moments. And I'm not here to belittle Dak.

But you might be misunderstanding what a game-winning drive entails.

You could QB the team to a FG early in the 4th quarter to take the lead, then fail to score the rest of the game..even throw a few picks. But if the D also holds the other team from scoring, that is still statistically called a 4th quarter comeback win.
It can be VERY misleading.
Certainly the better the D, the more likely you can pull this off.
And a good run game allows it to hold up too.

But I do agree that he doesn't seem to shrink under duress.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
How exactly does that translate to the field? What are the measurable numbers for that?
:huh:

For example Tony Romo's play elevetaed Laurent Robinson to an 11 TD season. His career high other than that was 2.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seems the pats are good at it. But brady won’t retire so they keep trading them off.
I really believe the genius of the Patriots is knowing when to release a player before the player even knows. Like William McGinnis. You keep Trading your best players for draft picks. That's the reason they're surviving the salary cap

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do think he's had some nice clutch moments. And I'm not here to belittle Dak.

But you might be misunderstanding what a game-winning drive entails.

You could QB the team to a FG early in the 4th quarter to take the lead, then fail to score the rest of the game..even throw a few picks. But if the D also holds the other team from scoring, that is still statistically called a 4th quarter comeback win.
It can be VERY misleading.
Certainly the better the D, the more likely you can pull this off.
And a good run game allows it to hold up too.

But I do agree that he doesn't seem to shrink under duress.
I totally agree it's just too hard to list all the scenarios. We have the most team 4th quarter wins. I love this game of football . Many people give the quarterback too much credit. And too much criticism. I guess just the nature of the position

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I really believe the genius of the Patriots is knowing when to release a player before the player even knows. Like William McGinnis. You keep Trading your best players for draft picks. That's the reason they're surviving the salary cap
They have very good staff and have a plan to keep revolving and evolving. We should start getting there players.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For example Tony Romo's play elevetaed Laurent Robinson to an 11 TD season. His career high other than that was 2.
I was trying to recall that receivers name just yesterday I'm not sure Tony Romo elevated him. I am sure Tony Romo trusted him. I don't know why we didn't give him a second year

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They have very good staff and have a plan to keep revolving and evolving. We should start getting there players.
Willie McGinest LOL When you been watching and playing in around this game as long as I have it's just so hard to remember everything. Excuse me for my sometimes lack of memory

glimmerman

Reaction score

glimmerman

Reaction score
Willie McGinest LOL When you been watching and playing in around this game as long as I have it's just so hard to remember everything. Excuse me for my sometimes lack of memory
We may have gotten a descent player in Flemming.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No Willie you’re not. But then again, the offensive supporting cast at receiving positions was straight absolute garbage.

Somebody stated that Dak runs an efficient offense if he has good talent around him.

You Stated, no he doesn’t.

They then countered that his points per drive was good with good talent. You countered they were 14th in PPD for the season.

However the talent around Dak wasn’t good the first 7 games, at least at the receiving spots.

Once they got a legit receiver the PPD went to top 10 For the league. Which actually proves the other poster correct that Dak runs an efficient offense if he has good talent around him.

So of course, don’t disregard the first 7 games. But also don’t disregard the last 9 and the trend that the offense was improving and becoming more efficient.

Dak and the entire offense except Zeke played like crap early in the season.

Dak and the rest of the offense improved as the season went on and were playing at a much higher level at the end of the season.

Pretty fair and simple.
The poster said he runs an offense “almost as efficents as anyone’s” when he has talent around him.

That isnt true. I dont have to even look at the numbers to know he doesnt run an offense anywhere near Kansas City’s, New Orleans, or the Rams. Yall sound just as dumb as Jerry when he said we have an offense as good as the Rams (remember that gem?).

Also, yall continuously blame Dak’s crap play mostly on his cast and not him. You yourself admitted you almost gave up on him until Cooper came. Its hilarious that yall blame the missed throws, the bad reads, and the stalled drives mostly on the receivers. Its crazy. I dont have the time or patience to show you and the other homers all of Dak’s mishaps.

Another thing, is I was actually wrong. We had the 17th ranked offense when it comes to points per drive.
I dont have the actual points per drive once Cooper got here, but we averaged 22 points per game with Amari Cooper. That alone, wouldve ranked us 19th in points per game for the season. I highly, HIGLY doubt that would put us in the top 10.

If im wrong about the points per drive after Cooper being here, i will gladly admit that im wrong. But even if it was top 10, this offense was nowhere near as efficient as KC, LA, or NO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think they elevate each other. There was one game that Dak had a lot of passing yards but it was the game a threw intermediate passes to Cooper and he took them to the house. 200 of his passing yards was YAC. Lol. Stats can be misleading. Wins and loses can’t.
I am a believer that statistics are for your career. Yes they come in play when you're being traded or released or a free agent. But they're so misleading sometimes. Statistics are for your career . When it's all said and done something to look back on it's cool for us fans to pay attention. If a player keeps paying attention to his statistics not a good thing to do

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The poster said he runs an offense “almost as efficents as anyone’s” when he has talent around him.

That isnt true. I dont have to even look at the numbers to know he doesnt run an offense anywhere near Kansas City’s, New Orleans, or the Rams. Yall sound just as dumb as Jerry when he said we have an offense as good as the Rams (remember that gem?).

Also, yall continuously blame Dak’s crap play mostly on his cast and not him. You yourself admitted you almost gave up on him until Cooper came. Its hilarious that yall blame the missed throws, the bad reads, and the stalled drives mostly on the receivers. Its crazy. I dont have the time or patience to show you and the other homers all of Dak’s mishaps.

Another thing, is I was actually wrong. We had the 17th ranked offense when it comes to points per drive.
I dont have the actual points per drive once Cooper got here, but we averaged 22 points per game with Amari Cooper. That alone, wouldve ranked us 19th in points per game for the season. I highly, HIGLY doubt that would put us in the top 10.

If im wrong about the points per drive after Cooper being here, i will gladly admit that im wrong. But even if it was top 10, this offense was nowhere near as efficient as KC, LA, or NO
My criticism of Prescott. It's actually his intermediate pass over the linebacker before the corner but you never hear . also it is confidence. To me he needs to be a very instinctive player Kurt has a killer play action. I just don't think we use him to his full potential. I don't think they want to expose this young defense so they mostly play ball control run it down your throat Smash Mouth I'm dying to see what the new offense might look like

408Cowboy

Reaction score

I'm not sure what the numbers are but if we truly did rank in the top 10 after cooper would that qualify as "almost" to you?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Einstein, how does that = running and offense as efficient as anyones?

Lets here this gold
First of all I'm glad you recognized my intelligence. I forgot more about this game than I care to share LOL