Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

mldardy

Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with proving something...I couldn't care less about the scores of these preseason games, it's about getting in football conditioning for the season, The way the training camp rules are now with days off, no contact, no pads, it's no wonder why they're's so many hamstring and other injuries, these guys aren't in proper conditioning....The offense is about Rhythm and building a repour with regards to the offensive line, the receivers and quarterback and a running back getting his body used to contact game action is a different level than practice....If you think you can just play 10-15 snaps in all of these preseason games or not play in any as Zeke as done thus far and then just show up week one and take 60-70 plus snaps and the pounding that goes along on offense as if it's nothing, then you have no clue about football...this is the exact reason why football is sloppy and penalty filled for the first four weeks and the overall game and league suffers.

Go run a mile three times a week for four weeks, then on the fifth week, run a 26.2 marathon and see how that works out for you...that's the comparison with regards to conditioning
They get in football conditioning in practice. LaDanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson rarely played in the preseason, did they need to be getting football conditioning? No. I want my key guys healthy and ready to play Game 1 not on the bench in street clothes. They'll get their football conditioning when it means something.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
They get in football conditioning in practice. LaDanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson rarely played in the preseason, did they need to be getting football conditioning? No. I want my key guys healthy and ready to play Game 1 not on the bench in street clothes. They'll get their football conditioning when it means something.

I'll let Jimmy Johnson explain it to you

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Brady isn’t crazy. He’s a competitor. Every competitor wants to play preseason or not. I’m a huge Dak fan. He should be pounding on Jerry/Garrett’s door letting them know he wants to be as prepared as possible by playing in this preseason game.
Brady has 100 mil in the bank, great wife who also makes millions, and his kids, and yet he is still playing and risking serious injury
just to win another SB or 2, that is why I say he is crazy.

And I also said what he does motivates rest of the team, plus he is more ready for the season.
I wish him luck. as I have always been a fan of his since that 1st season he took over.

But Tom plays for better more organized team and coach than what dak has here in Dallas.
Also Tom had more control over what he does when in the game, Dak has to try and please the coaches and do what they say,
where Tom can ad lib, do whatever he thinks is right.
He also has more say in how long he plays in PS games, and who else plays.

It is a different situation on each team, and it is probably better Dak doesnt play again till game 1.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'll let Jimmy Johnson explain it to you

I have seen that, basically he says the team in best condition wins, but there are other things that matter too.
it is more up to each player now to stay in top condition, with all the rules they have now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They are not stopping working on things they need to work on, they are choosing not to play Dak for 2 qrts. Sorry don't think that is the end of the season. Dak has played in the 1st 2 games and now with a rash of injuries Dallas is choosing not to risk it. I don't blame them. Like any other fan of course I want to watch them in this game after all it will not be as interesting not seeing them but given the current situation I understand. Meantime they will continue to work during the week.
I agree, Dak playing wouldnt accomplish all that much, and is risky.
he did play more in 1st 2 games than I thought he would.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well it seems more and more starters around the league will not play the “traditional” third preseason game. Aaron Rogers, Jarod Goff and Todd Gurley who like Zeke hasn’t played a preseason game.

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak needs to play. We have an all new receiving core. The o line thing is a concern, but he's going to go in with that decimated o line in the regular season as well.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
:facepalm:

"I keed, I keed" = "I kid, I kid"

You know like, "just kidding."
\

I've never heard or seen I keed, I keed or I kid, I kid as meaning just kidding. Is it just to difficult to type ZERO extra letters and just type just kidding.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm changing my position on this since the Fredrick news. I think Dak could use the reps with Looney.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak needs to play. We have an all new receiving core. The o line thing is a concern, but he's going to go in with that decimated o line in the regular season as well.

The last I heard the only questionable starter on the line for the start of the season is Frederick. Granted losing him is big but I'd hardly call the line decimated.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
\

I've never heard or seen I keed, I keed or I kid, I kid as meaning just kidding. Is it just to difficult to type ZERO extra letters and just type just kidding.

Or...maybe you should get out more? Expand your horizons. Then you might catch references to things (though this one should be easy enough to figure out even if you don't get the reference). What would "I kid" mean if not that?

cowfan

Reaction score
Shouldn't Dak play some at least to get more game time experience with the center.

MojaveJT

Reaction score

They are/were seasoned vets.

We basically have a brand new team with lots of new faces. Getting reps is key even if it is for only a series or two.

So keeping them out until Game 1 is basically letting them learn on the job. It's going to take a game or two maybe even more to get into a rythm and gel. Zeke hasn't been hit by a true opponent since last season, how do you think he's going to feel after game 1? Let him get hit a couple times and pull him out in preseason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The #Packers will rest a bunch of starters on offense tomorrow vs. OAK, with Aaron Rodgers among those not expected to play, sources say. Since starters rarely play the fourth preseason game, Rodgers likely closes the preseason with four passes. Pretty sure he'll be ready though.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...arters-vs-raiders-including-qb-aaron-rodgers/

I was told every coach will play their starters in 3rd pre season except for Garrett. Well GB sought to keep many 1st string players out of the game vs Oakland this weekend incuding Rodgers. I guess they are coaching scared. lol

hell Rodgers has only played 1 series this pre season.