Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
NFL preseason has turned into such a ish show. It’s mostly dudes that don’t make final rosters in live try outs.

Can we just have one or two pre season games and an 18 game reg season? I know they have discussed this.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
More players are injured in training camps than in preseason games, see all these hamstring injuries.....injuries happen even if there isn'y any contact...you watch the first three or four weeks of the regular season and it's sloppy football because I know these teams aren't conditioned to take and give hits since there's very limited contact in training camps hence they're all standing on the field with their hands on their hips gasping for air, so the only place you can build conditioning and rhythm is in the preseason games and resting a bunch of your starters for two and a half weeks isn't helping your club get ready for the season and will be more proned to injury, IMO.

That's a crock of kaka if you think the 60 minutes of preseason games is what makes players " they're all standing on the field with their hands on their hips gasping for air". Those 60 minutes of preseason play which the starters only really play about 30 of them in the 3rd game does nothing to build up wind capacity. That is the result of the current CBA that dictates how long practices can be during training camp and season and the number of days off during training camp and getting rid of 2 a days. Before this CBA teams had 2 a days for 10 of the 1st 14 days of camp and they didn't get a day off until the day after the 1st preseason game. Training camp was HARD but they got in shape. They wore pads every day and had contact at least for a while just about every day. They used to have big garbage cans that players would get into and then got filled with ice after the 1st practice of the day to get their legs ready for the 2nd practice later. They would stand in them while studying their playbooks. Training camp today isn't anything compared to what it used to be and that's why players seem out of shape the 1st few weeks of the season.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak needs to play

New receivers and tight ends that he needs to develop a rapport with.

I swear this franchise is hard to root for :facepalm:

So the 40 or 50 passes thrown everyday in practice does nothing to develop timing with those new receivers?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
that is a good point, without martin and frederick, better to not play dak, but with elliot that is different.
I guess a RB doesnt need much practice though.

but with that said they shouldnt play any valuable players.

give rush a whole half and same for white.

My thinking is that any player can get hurt in Carolina game and be out for many games or whole season.
They can get hurt on any play or like lee even in practice.
It happens , you cant be afraid of injuries.

I didnt see what happened to martin, but it looked like his knee just buckled while moving out side to block.
So the injury was probably going to happen at some point if he had a problem there.
I think maybe he didnt stay in shape in off-season , maybe over weight, under-hydrated , goes out and plays and something
gives out in knee.
The fault is not playing PS game , but not taking care of business with regard to conditioning.

Witten avoided injurys for 15 years, and he played ps games, but he stayed in good shape year round.
He said once there are no days off, if you want to stay in shape.

if your a big guy like martiin and frederick, or any lineman, staying in shape is more important, your knees have to support
all your weight, and if you get over weight or out of shape the risk of knee injury goes way up.

being in shape has nothing to do with tearing a knee, or breaking a collarbone etc

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You probably need to read a little closer.

Lets see you said "The club has given up on Dak and it's CRush time..." and then "I keed, I keed" whatever that means. You must be on drugs if you actually thing the Cowboys have given up on Prescott. It's the exact opposite, they're keeping THEIR QB from getting hurt in preseason. Do you think the Cowboys have also given up on Elliott too?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Personally I think players are given too much rest in general. I believe this is why they get more soft tissue injuries than they once did back in the day. Players now play the season like it is the pre season of many years ago and usually it takes 3 or 4 games till these guys are in real football shape. This is the problem I see. The CBA is why. They started all of this cream puffery with how much the poor players can actually practice lest they sweat too much. September football as a result is more sloppy than October football. Players hardly got any work in TC to be properly prepared.

Dak is far from prepared and not allowing him the opportunity to work harder during heated game situations will only delay his preparedness and cost us a game or two?

As Bill Belichik once said, If I knew the play where the player would be hurt, I would not play him. None of us know that but you can't play afraid. I seem to remember this cream puffery Garrett and Jerry used to "rest" our starters in 2016 before the playoff game where Dallas looked out of tune because of it and lost. Had they kept playing perhaps they would have kept that edge and won?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you mean they baby sat romo every single offseason. and he would still get banged up. Players play. This sitting stuff is trash. Zeke needs to be out there getting reps. He's an all pro talent but going from sitting on the sidelines to game speed with no game time is probably tough.
So they baby sat him when he go hurt in the preseason 3 years ago lol?

mldardy

Reaction score
I don't agree with that Jerry logic, Tom Brady played a whole half last week and threw 26 passes, are they putting bubble wrap on him, he's a hall of famer......both Dak and Zeke should be playing in the third game that's usually the one that dress rehearsal football is played where team actually scheme...if you're a heavy running team as Dallas is, you need to get in a rhythm on offense with your line and starting running back needs to be conditioned to taking hits every down.....there's a reason why Dallas has been slow starting the season running the football.....
Who cares about preseason. You really give a crap about these games? No one is going to care or remember these games 3 weeks from now UNLESS one of our key players gets hurt but you want to prove something. And getting off slow running the football has nothing to do with playing in the preseason. Nothing. Hardly anything teams are doing right now is going to reflect what will go on during the season.

cern

Reaction score
That's a crock of kaka if you think the 60 minutes of preseason games is what makes players " they're all standing on the field with their hands on their hips gasping for air". Those 60 minutes of preseason play which the starters only really play about 30 of them in the 3rd game does nothing to build up wind capacity. That is the result of the current CBA that dictates how long practices can be during training camp and season and the number of days off during training camp and getting rid of 2 a days. Before this CBA teams had 2 a days for 10 of the 1st 14 days of camp and they didn't get a day off until the day after the 1st preseason game. Training camp was HARD but they got in shape. They wore pads every day and had contact at least for a while just about every day. They used to have big garbage cans that players would get into and then got filled with ice after the 1st practice of the day to get their legs ready for the 2nd practice later. They would stand in them while studying their playbooks. Training camp today isn't anything compared to what it used to be and that's why players seem out of shape the 1st few weeks of the season.
true. all mandated by the collective bargaining agreement.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So they baby sat him when he go hurt in the preseason 3 years ago lol?
Who zeke? He got a sore hamstring in practice and should have only missed a week. But they played it safe and it took him 2 games during the SEASON to get going.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lets see you said "The club has given up on Dak and it's CRush time..." and then "I keed, I keed" whatever that means. You must be on drugs if you actually thing the Cowboys have given up on Prescott. It's the exact opposite, they're keeping THEIR QB from getting hurt in preseason. Do you think the Cowboys have also given up on Elliott too?

:facepalm:

"I keed, I keed" = "I kid, I kid"

You know like, "just kidding."

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Who cares about preseason. You really give a crap about these games? No one is going to care or remember these games 3 weeks from now UNLESS one of our key players gets hurt but you want to prove something. And getting off slow running the football has nothing to do with playing in the preseason. Nothing. Hardly anything teams are doing right now is going to reflect what will go on during the season.

It's got nothing to do with proving something...I couldn't care less about the scores of these preseason games, it's about getting in football conditioning for the season, The way the training camp rules are now with days off, no contact, no pads, it's no wonder why they're's so many hamstring and other injuries, these guys aren't in proper conditioning....The offense is about Rhythm and building a repour with regards to the offensive line, the receivers and quarterback and a running back getting his body used to contact game action is a different level than practice....If you think you can just play 10-15 snaps in all of these preseason games or not play in any as Zeke as done thus far and then just show up week one and take 60-70 plus snaps and the pounding that goes along on offense as if it's nothing, then you have no clue about football...this is the exact reason why football is sloppy and penalty filled for the first four weeks and the overall game and league suffers.

Go run a mile three times a week for four weeks, then on the fifth week, run a 26.2 marathon and see how that works out for you...that's the comparison with regards to conditioning

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is in better condition right now than 90 percent of the NFL.

That's all you need to know about the CBA and training camp these days.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is in better condition right now than 90 percent of the NFL.

That's all you need to know about the CBA and training camp these days.

And he probably won't play in all 16 regular season games this year.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with proving something...I couldn't care less about the scores of these preseason games, it's about getting in football conditioning for the season, The way the training camp rules are now with days off, no contact, no pads, it's no wonder why they're's so many hamstring and other injuries, these guys aren't in proper conditioning....The offense is about Rhythm and building a repour with regards to the offensive line, the receivers and quarterback and a running back getting his body used to contact game action is a different level than practice....If you think you can just play 10-15 snaps in all of these preseason games or not play in any as Zeke as done thus far and then just show up week one and take 60-70 plus snaps and the pounding that goes along on offense as if it's nothing, then you have no clue about football...this is the exact reason why football is sloppy and penalty filled for the first four weeks and the overall game and league suffers.

Go run a mile three times a week for four weeks, then on the fifth week, run a 26.2 marathon and see how that works out for you...that's the comparison with regards to conditioning
Agree and yet we get to watch Brady play into q3 this week. Reps count and mean something and nothing can take the place of a real game. Still a head scratcher decision imo.