Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Again, sorry to hurt your feelings. I am not an NFL coach, but all the NFL coaches feel the same way as I do, except Jerry and Garrett. The risk is worth the reward for every coach in the NFL except ours. Don’t argue with me argue with them. I’m just the messenger.

My feelings are not hurt. As for what coaches do I have watched this game dating back to 1965 coaches do a lot of things and yes they will alter plans based on given situations especially during pre season when the games have little meaning in the bigger picture health of a team is very important leading into the regular season Dak getting 1 or 2 qrts is not going to change the season

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Challenge Looney is taking the spot of Frederick and right now Damien Mama is taking over for Martin not Fleming. Fleming is the swing tackle who has filled in for Tyron Smith. Again this is just a means to attack the coaches as if you could coach your way out of a paper bag. It is funny hearing wanna bes act as if they had a clue, just a bunch of mouthing off. This place has become a means for fans to gripe. Hell find a team you can actually support who runs the team the way you feel it should be done.
You are correct. Fleming is the swing tackle. I screwed that up, but that doesn’t change my opinion. Plug in our top backup center and top backup guard with all our starters for the 3rd preseason game. Let Dak get some preparation at game speed. If the backup O lineman are so terrible we can’t run our Offense at all. At least we know we need to find some backups who can play. Dak is a big strong sturdy athlete, he’ll make it through the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You are correct. Fleming is the swing tackle. I screwed that up, but that doesn’t change my opinion. Plug in our top backup center and top backup guard with all our starters for the 3rd preseason game. Let Dak get some preparation at game speed. If the backup O lineman are so terrible we can’t run our Offense at all. At least we know we need to find some backups who can play. Dak is a big strong sturdy athlete, he’ll make it through the game.

I'm done, these debates become senseless you have your views I have mine and sitting here having a pissing contest is not going to change a damn thing.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm done, these debates become senseless you have your views I have mine and sitting here having a pissing contest is not going to change a damn thing.
I agree. Hopefully Dak and the the O will have a great game vs Carolina regardless of what happens in the preseason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Earlier Tuesday, owner Jerry Jones offered up the trial balloon of possibly sitting quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott until the Sept. 9 season opener because of the absences of Martin and Frederick. But he said that coach Jason Garrett had the final call.

Garrett didn’t run from the suggestion. And if Prescott sits on offense, look for left tackle Tyron Smith to sit as well.
Garrett said those are among the discussions the team will have this week. None of the starters will play in the preseason finale at the Houston Texans on Aug. 30.

“You have to get your team ready to play in the opening game when it counts for real,” Garrett said. “You have to evaluate your team over the course of four preseason games. Those are all the different things you factor into it, as well as putting them out there and putting them in a situation where you could get them hurt. We’ll have those discussions as the week goes on and try to do what’s best for our team going forward.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article217117025.html#storylink=cpy

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What has Brady done this year in preseason? Threw 26 passes in 1 preseason game. How many passes will Dak throw this whole preseason? Preparation at game speed! Brady needs it, but not Dak? Really

So just gloss over that he typically has played in just two games? If this year is an outlier, where is your argument?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has Brady done this year in preseason? Threw 26 passes in 1 preseason game. How many passes will Dak throw this whole preseason? Preparation at game speed! Brady needs it, but not Dak? Really

I don't think the Cowboys are suggesting Dak doesn't need the work, but the reality is we have 2 starting O-Linemen out, and there would be a risk that Dak would take unnecessary shots. I promise you if Dak played and got hurt this site would be filled with fans talking about how stupid it was for the Cowboys to play Dak under the circustances

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
lol but this is the first time they have done this lol
What do you mean they baby sat romo every single offseason. and he would still get banged up. Players play. This sitting stuff is trash. Zeke needs to be out there getting reps. He's an all pro talent but going from sitting on the sidelines to game speed with no game time is probably tough.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Na, run our first team into the ground. Lol...Think we'd get lucky if Prescott got taken out for the season with our current back ups? It would be Weeden 2.0.

You got that right. I'd be willing to bet that other teams follow suit after they start seeing the injuries pile up.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Meh, your damned if you do, damned if you dont. You want to protect them but you cant bubble wrap em either. Most likely result is fresh legs for week 1, combined with a little rust. A slow start wouldn't suprise me.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree. Watch how awful our offense looks week 1. Then people will cry dak, zeke, and the o line are horrible. When really it's because they are rusty as hell. We rested starters before the playoffs, that shouldn't be too far from everybody's mind.
But we are so good that we can overcome a 1-1 or 0-2 start every year

Zeke was fat last year and Dak needs all the reps he can get with the new WRs and TEs