Dak Prescott: Total Record against winning teams in NFL

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL........Everyone knows that without the Doggy NFC East Prestrash is a .500 QB.
Give him the Dogs some T/O and a quick lead he is MVP.
Against real teams not so much.............can you say DAKCHOKA!!

plymkr

Reaction score
I think these stats show that Dak is a really good regular season player and not so good post season player. And I’m no fan of Dak but to fair I feel we as a team are great regular season teams and terrible post season teams. I feel Dak gets all the blame, or most of it, because he’s the field general on the field and he’s the leader off the field. So when we come up flat in the post season Dak gets scrutinized more.

Cmac

Reaction score
The Dak Narrative is a massive hoodwink job that hides the glaring dysfunction of this franchise......."Make sure there's a Fall Guy".

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
What is Rush's record against winning teams?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think these stats show that Dak is a really good regular season player and not so good post season player. And I’m no fan of Dak but to fair I feel we as a team are great regular season teams and terrible post season teams. I feel Dak gets all the blame, or most of it, because he’s the field general on the field and he’s the leader off the field. So when we come up flat in the post season Dak gets scrutinized more.
Sorry bud you are wrong.
It's not only the playoff teams but during the regular season when he faces teams like the Bills, Niners, etc he falls flat on his face.
The dude needs to be carried from the regular season to the playoffs and 9 wins in 8 seasons when our rushing attack has under 100 yards proves how bad this cat needs to be CARRIED!!!
Does anybody see a top 10 QB under center for us???????????
NOPE!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
.468 is actually pretty good, that would put Dak close to being top 5 among current active starting QBs in the league.

This actually supports the argument to keep Dak, not get rid of him.
IMO, I believe this supports the argument that his career would really see a boost if he had more playmakers surrounding him.

A guy like Mahomes, who is clearly showing that he is a generational type player, is someone who can carry a team with less than ideal squad at some spots.

Dak probably isn't this type of QB. He is not trash as some say, but you can't put him in situations where he doesn't have consistent and reliable help.

We have a large sample set that shows he and the team have difficulty when others can't make plays other than him. He is not a play magician - Mahomes. He is not a generational pocket general - Brady. He is not a mobile QB phenom - Vick and Jackson. So we should try to stop trying to put him into those round holes when he is a square peg.

For me it has become clear that we need three items to put together a Dak friendly squad.

1. A balanced run/pass defence that slows down the other offence. They don't have to be the 85 Bears. Just slow down the other offence, and force them to use all of their offence to move the ball. I like to see the Cowboys develop a more fundamentally sound defence. This hybrid pass oriented defence is great for the regular season, but in the playoffs we tend to see more of a run game attack as the better teams roll out their "playoff" formula. Dak plays great with a lead, or close. He doesn't give me the feeling that he can slice and dice an opposing top 5 defence with minute 30 left to play to get the game winning TD.

2. A run game. This was a serious hiccup by MM, McClay and ultimately the Jones. As Zeke became less of the generational rusher we all hoped he would be after his 2016 start it affected Dak's ability to beat the opposing DC. This past year was an incredible opportunity for the Cowboys as the Eagles crapped the bed. The pea shooter offence that MM rolled out for the playoffs showed Dak wasn't ready again for the big game when he and the offence came out slow.

3. Centre of the pocket protection. I feel that Dak has lost some mobility after his terrible injury and being in his 8th year. Don't be surprised if his 4.8 40 time if he ran it now would be in the 5's. Maybe 5.6. He has gotten painfully slow and what I call, "heavy legged". He doesn't have light feet, and you don't see the pick em up, put em down movement in his feet on the scrambles. This man needs a pocket, and that is why we let Tyler B test the market. IMO, QBs who diesplay mobility in the playoffs have more success because teams who make the final four typically have good defences playing at a high level in the tournament.

This man will win you games, and he has proven it in the past, but if you are asking for him to win a bunch of playoff games against the top 15% of the league...that has shown to be a different story on how he has contributed.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Sorry bud you are wrong.
It's not only the playoff teams but during the regular season when he faces teams like the Bills, Niners, etc he falls flat on his face.
The dude needs to be carried from the regular season to the playoffs and 9 wins in 8 seasons when our rushing attack has under 100 yards proves how bad this cat needs to be CARRIED!!!
Does anybody see a top 10 QB under center for us???????????
NOPE!
Right now I don't see the ability for Dallas to acquire a top 10 QB...at all. No one is going to give one up, and cedrtainly not for free.

Finding one in the draft at our position is going to be a serious crap shoot.

We just need to put more pieces around Dak for now. If we invest in these pieces they would certainly be assets for the next QB if we choose to walk away from him in the near future.

I would be realistic and say we are not a SuperBowl bound team with our current roster unless more changes come, some unknowns pop out of current squad of backups and we luck into some draft gems. To expect all this to materialize in a single off-season would be a true Christmas miracle. So I would go with a more realistic expectation of this team in 2024. Something like we are the last seed to make the playoffs.

Unless something changes from here until the start of the season. As the season progresses we can all certainly change our minds, but right now I would peg the Cowboys to be a middling squad.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If Dak is a 4th round quarterback and judged by those standards....
Draft position isn’t relevant to their on-field success after they’re drafted. There are no bonus TDs for being a 4th round pick.

Detroit invested significantly more to get a similar caliber QB, we can recognize that, but it doesn’t change the standard either one is judged by today.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep, he gets the blame because of the way he loses his way. The optics in the two 49ers play-off loses are....DESPITE penalties and no running game we we're still in with a chance, in both games. Dak had 4 or 5 drives (between games) to win/tie .....its those moments that Dak fails, when the games on the line.
Two scores behind and we look lost, time ticking and he has no margin for error he's lost ... HE ISNT TO BLAME, BUT HE's NOT THE SOLUTION..... on a high CAP%.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone post 5 signature wins vs Good/Great teams of Dak's the last 8 seasons?
The 8-9 Bucs don't count................. :muttley:

Just 5 wins in 8 seasons is a small # to find.........................ANYONE????????????????

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If Dak is a 4th round quarterback and judged by those standards.... then we DEFINITELY hold these 1st and 2nd round quarterbacks to the same standards, if not higher because they come out with more expectations than Dak has.

There won't be any goalpost moving today!!! Uh uh....
Draft position means nothing. Put my grandmother behind our 2016 O-Line and Zeke with his 1,600 yards and she'd perform.
Dak's been lucky to have the protection.
He's a great QB, that just can't raise his game, when he needs to.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we really need stats?

Just watch captain choke in action.
How many of those wins were against 7-6 or 1-0 teams?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Problem is Daks regular season record doesn't reflect how poorly he plays in the playoffs. He isn't even competitive in the playoffs and he is only feeling more pressure with each post season game.
It's one thing to lose in the playoffs but to not even be competitive basically ranks him as bottom 3rd of the league type QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Draft position means nothing. Put my grandmother behind our 2016 O-Line and Zeke with his 1,600 yards and she'd perform.
Dak's been lucky to have the protection.
He's a great QB, that just can't raise his game, when he needs to.
Or even maintain his level of play into the post season. He plays like a 6th round rookie in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with the regular season record but when you factor in the playoff games

Yes but that wasn’t how this thread was presented.

Perhaps if winning percentage in playoffs is the subject a similar graphic of other QB’s should be added?

And I’m not a Dak defender. Just wanting a balanced report without slanted narrative.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem is Daks regular season record doesn't reflect how poorly he plays in the playoffs. He isn't even competitive in the playoffs and he is only feeling more pressure with each post season game.
It's one thing to lose in the playoffs but to not even be competitive basically ranks him as bottom 3rd of the league type QB.
That’s not totally true. In this last game versus Packers , yes . But he hasn’t played this poorly in all of his playoff games.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not totally true. In this last game versus Packers , yes . But he hasn’t played this poorly in all of his playoff games.
The Rams and Packers playoff losses only 13 pts in 3 Quarters of football in both games.
Avg 15 pts in 2 Niners playoff losses
GB 2024 is fresh meat we all remember how he performed.
Hawks win just say ..........thanks Zeke for carrying me again.
Bucs well 8-9 playoff team you get the idea.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wow. I wonder why someone hasn’t posted this before. Seems to be the big knock on him. How about a list of playoff records. Most all playoff teams are above .500.