Dak Prescott: Total Record against winning teams in NFL

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Would you rather have Mariota....or Locke they seem to have decent to good w8n percentages
If not one of them, I would rather just have you, anybody except the scared one.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak had 4 or 5 drives (between games) to win/tie .....its those moments that Dak fails, when the games on the line.
Yes, for me that’s the eye test that he fails. In the playoffs and against playoff teams during those crucial drives to keep us in the game he shuts down. It’s like the screws of pressure shut down his brain and processing. It’s been happening since he was a rookie and it’s happening now. That’s why I don’t think we should extend him. He puts up great stats when we’re way ahead or way behind.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Nobody can reply as he doesn't have them.
Ok, 3 signature wins then in 8 years...............anyone???????????? :muttley:
Well, from what has been told around here by his fans, Dak made Brady retire, so that has to count for something.

Also, the day he stepped into the locker room he took Romo's job right away. And the "stats", man oh man, he has better stats than Staubach and Aikman! And the jerseys that he sells to some of his mislead fans is amazing!

And when he gets extended for several more years we fans get to watch some incredible football play from such an amazing QB...I can't wait.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yes, for me that’s the eye test that he fails. In the playoffs and against playoff teams during those crucial drives to keep us in the game he shuts down. It’s like the screws of pressure shut down his brain and processing. It’s been happening since he was a rookie and it’s happening now. That’s why I don’t think we should extend him. He puts up great stats when we’re way ahead or way behind.
Because the pressure's not on him then.

glimmerman

Reaction score
well, thats been discussed and well lets use Manning again stared 3-6 took until year 9 to win Stafford took 13 years finally got on stacked team to win , LJ 2 time MVP only 2 playoff wins so far.. very few on that list has a great playoff record. Pretty sure the RS numbers corelate with playoffs as well.

i mean i showed the list of DC QBS td-int ration in the RS pretty much held par in the p[ayoffs they didn't step up or play better. Teams find ways to win, not just the qb and sometimes despite the QB..
Hmmm. So you are saying it’s a team game.. you liar. Lmao. Don’t you dare tell me that trenches mean anything. When it gets to the playoffs then the QB must strap the team on his back and win. You don’t need a run game. Just let a QB throw 40-50 times. And if they throw a int then just double down and just throw more.

There is one off games that teams can get away with things but basically when you get in playoff games the teams are evenly talented and coaching counts along with trenches and luck.

Great post.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If you are using the OP metric as a litmus test for game changing QB worth paying $60M then sure but it does not really say much more than that.

The vast majority of players have losing records against winning opponents.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Cousins is 14-43..... Stafford is 11-72. Think about that for a minute. Dak is 22-25..... yet people (here) have said that both of those quarterbacks are better than Dak.

Make that make sense.... I don't want to hear the lame duck excuses for what team the quarterbacks played for. I was told by everyone that judges Dak's career, that "a good quarterback elevates the team around them."

If Dak is a 4th round quarterback and judged by those standards.... then we DEFINITELY hold these 1st and 2nd round quarterbacks to the same standards, if not higher because they come out with more expectations than Dak has.

There won't be any goalpost moving today!!! Uh uh....
Stafford has won a SB. What has Dak done besides acquire the worst starting playoff QB record in NFL history?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I am not. Cousins played for Washington for years and the Vikings while they were building up and Stafford had years with the Lions, who were a bad team almost his entire career. It just is further evidence that wins are a team stat and not a QB stat.
Winning comment.

Team game, including coaches.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams with a winning record during his entire career.

Not that interesting a stat for comparisons of QBs generally or evaluation of Dak in particular.

Team game. QBs can't win it on their own, though they can lose it on their own.

And wins 10 years ago just aren't that relevant to most of our discussions today about Dak.

Go back through his most recent games against winning teams. Did Dak play well, or poorly? In losses, he may have still played well. Did he?

The general consensus is that Dak has too often appeared to be a negative difference maker against winning teams. That might be unfair to Dak in cases where the WR crew just wasn't getting open, and with most of us not watching the 22 tape after the game, we don't see that.

These kinds of general stats are not much *added* information to us, as we've watched the games.

Maybe our recollections are unfair, and we're over remembering losses over wins. Or we're forgetting poor oline play making it a tough row to hoe for Dak.

But I remember poor play against good teams, particularly in the playoff games.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree with the regular season record but when you factor in the playoff games

Unless your name is Patrick Mahomes, almost all current starting QBs have a losing record in the playoffs.

For example, Lamer Jackson (2-time league MVP).................... 1-3 career playoff record.

Even the QB most consider to be the 2nd best in the league behind Mahomes (Josh Allen) is just .500 in the playoffs for his career with multiple home playoff losses as well.

Not defending Dak's playoff record, just saying that when you start looking around the league there is a lot of other QBs that many consider "way better" than Dak that have not had much success in the playoffs either.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
LOL........Everyone knows that without the Doggy NFC East Prestrash is a .500 QB.
Give him the Dogs some T/O and a quick lead he is MVP.
Against real teams not so much.............can you say DAKCHOKA!!
These stats listed in this thread are against teams with winning records, not trash teams.

Against teams with winning records, Dak's .468 is close to being top 5 in the league when compared the other starting QBs in the league.

Look, I am not that big a fan of Dak either, but I cant deny the facts. Like the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

Here is the issue with Dak, he plays good against weak teams and even teams that are above .500.........Where he struggles is when he plays teams that are in the top 10-15%.

Dak can beat teams like Detroit and Seattle (both teams finished season over .500), but Dak can't beat teams like the 49ers (top 5).

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Do we really need stats?

Just watch captain choke in action.
How many of those wins were against 7-6 or 1-0 teams?
Those stats are against teams that finished the season above .500.

So, take the game against the Seahawks last season, they ended the year 9-8 so that game counted in the statistical calculations in this thread.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For 160 million + I not only expect and demand he carries the team, but he might as well wash all his offense lineman's and Zeke's car while he's at it............
Well, 2-time league MVP Lamar Jackson just signed for $240 million, with 185 full guaranteed.

His career playoff record.................1-3

I guess he didnt get the memo he is supposed to carry the team

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The outcome at the end of the year will be the same if your goal is winning a SB.
Well I would hope the talent around him is better so he can win in the playoffs. A QB can't win games by himself he needs playmakers, and can't throw the ball to lamb all the time.