Dak Prescott: Total Record against winning teams in NFL

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That’s not totally true. In this last game versus Packers , yes . But he hasn’t played this poorly in all of his playoff games.
When we go behind he does, unless ratings of 63.6 and 69.3 (the two SF play-off defeats) are acceptable?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Rams and Packers playoff losses only 13 pts in 3 Quarters of football in both games.
Avg 15 pts in 2 Niners playoff losses
GB 2024 is fresh meat we all remember how he performed.
Hawks win just say ..........thanks Zeke for carrying me again.
Bucs well 8-9 playoff team you get the idea.
2016 Dak led Cowboys to 31 points tying game late in 4th qtr until Rodgers miraculous 3rd and 20 set up winning FG.

2018 lost to Rams 30-22. Rams went on to Super Bowl. Cowboys defense gave up like 250 yards rushing.

And both losses to SF they were considered the better team. Did Dak have an opportunity on final possession to win them? Yes ,and came up short or choked however you like.

I’d argue the Packers playoff losses were only ones we lost that were expected to win we didn’t. Which the rest wouldn’t fall under the narrative of this thread losing to better teams.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And the saga continues!

For me, it is no longer about how Dak plays. It has been how much Dak gets paid. If he wants $60 million per year, then let him get it somewhere else.
Agree, he'll hit free agency, will get the offers and realize that New England with a 5-12 record in a decent division, isnt worth it and then he'll negotiate a career ending contract in Dallas.

It's a p@#*ng contest at the moment, where the reality is Dak wont get everything he want's, like he did last time, sure he can get the money (someone will pay) but it may not be in the town of his choosing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When we go behind he does, unless ratings of 63.6 and 69.3 (the two SF play-off defeats) are acceptable?
He hasn’t played his best but then like SF losses that was against one of the top defenses. Which has also been a telling story as Dak traditionally hadn’t performed as well against better defenses.

I wouldn’t describe his performance in those SF losses as acceptable . But not the only core cause of defeat.

Fans continue expecting Dak to overcome other weaknesses on our team against better teams and he simply isn’t good enough.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
2016 Dak led Cowboys to 31 points tying game late in 4th qtr until Rodgers miraculous 3rd and 20 set up winning FG.

2018 lost to Rams 30-22. Rams went on to Super Bowl. Cowboys defense gave up like 250 yards rushing.

And both losses to SF they were considered the better team. Did Dak have an opportunity on final possession to win them? Yes ,and came up short or choked however you like.

I’d argue the Packers playoff losses were only ones we lost that were expected to win we didn’t. Which the rest wouldn’t fall under the narrative of this thread losing to better teams.
Well there's nothing like going back 5 years (and ignoring the subsequent) to really hammer home a point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the saga continues!

For me, it is no longer about how Dak plays. It has been how much Dak gets paid. If he wants $60 million per year, then let him get it somewhere else.
I was against extending him 4 years ago . We had ample opportunity while on Franchise Tag to pursue or draft a replacement.

But our ownership has been All In so far with Dak. But that doesn’t mean we should expect him to carry this team because our ownership and their agendas have over evaluated him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He hasn’t played his best but then like SF losses that was against one of the top defenses. Which has also been a telling story as Dak traditionally hadn’t performed as well against better defenses.

I wouldn’t describe his performance in those SF losses as acceptable . But not the only core cause of defeat.

Fans continue expecting Dak to overcome other weaknesses on our team against better teams and he simply isn’t good enough.
Nobody says he's the only to blame, but if you're paying him $50+m you cant expect him to JUST perform against poor defenses.

In any case it's the manner in which he appears to lose composure (confidence).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nobody says he's the only to blame, but if you're paying him $50+m you cant expect him to JUST perform against poor defenses.

In any case it's the manner in which he appears to lose composure (confidence).
Unfortunately that’s where our ownership has failed us over evaluating the value of closer to a middle tier QB than upper tier.

Dak has been over hyped since his Rookie season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was against extending him 4 years ago . We had ample opportunity while on Franchise Tag to pursue or draft a replacement.

But our ownership has been All In so far with Dak. But that doesn’t mean we should expect him to carry this team because our ownership and their agendas have over evaluated him.
For 160 million + I not only expect and demand he carries the team, but he might as well wash all his offense lineman's and Zeke's car while he's at it............

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For 160 million + I not only expect and demand he carries the team, but he might as well wash all his offense lineman's and Zeke's car while he's at it............
Then you have fell for the hype from our ownership which has also over evaluated the value of Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak isn’t the only player we’ve had that this ownership has over evaluated their value.

There’s been a pretty good laundry list. And I’d expect them to continue.

Part of it is our ownerships agendas wanting to retain popular stars which attracts fringe and casual fans allowing them to maintain their relevance and interest hyping their brand while unfortunately preventing the team from more success .

And it’s exposed on these bigger stages usually against better teams.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
But that doesn’t mean we should expect him to carry this team because our ownership and their agendas have over evaluated him.
I dont see how you separate the two. The Jones' inability to run the team is highlighted by the capitulation in Dak/France negotiations of that first contract. So with your comment on over evaluating, I assume you wouldnt compound matters by extending him again?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Can someone post 5 signature wins vs Good/Great teams of Dak's the last 8 seasons?
The 8-9 Bucs don't count................. :muttley:

Just 5 wins in 8 seasons is a small # to find.........................ANYONE????????????????
It would be easier to find a needle in a haystack!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I dont see how you separate the two. The Jones' inability to run the team is highlighted by the capitulation in Dak/France negotiations of that first contract. So with your comment on over evaluating, I assume you wouldnt compound matters by extending him again?
Correct. But I expect them too.

Just like last time they are unprepared to move on staying a playoff contender which is a higher priority for our ownership .

Dak like other stars they’ve over payed and hyped help maintain the teams relevance and interest amongst casual and fringe fans.

Promoting and hyping our Iconic brand is vital to this ownership who I think probably realize they aren't or at least haven’t been good enough to build a championship team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams with a winning record during his entire career.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/dak-prescott-record-against-winning-teams/

Please note that winning and losing is a team statistic, not a quarterback statistic. A quarterback cannot control how well his defense, special teams, or coaching staff perform. He can only do his best with the opportunities he gets1. Therefore, it is important to look beyond the win-loss record and consider other factors such as efficiency, consistency, clutchness, and leadership when evaluating a quarterback’s performance.

NFL QB records vs winning teams chart​

As seen on our master QB record vs winning teams chart, there are only a handful of NFL quarterbacks that have a record above .500 against winning teams.
You can digest that information on your own. The only thing I want you to take away from this is that it is extremely rare to have a winning record against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/active-nfl-quarterback-records-against-winning-teams/

PlayerTotalWinsLossesTies%

Aaron Rodgers8541441.483
Baker Mayfield287210.250
Jimmy Garoppolo2313100.565
Kirk Cousins5714430.246
Lamar Jackson2814140.500
Patrick Mahomes3422120.647
Josh Allen3417170.500
Justin Herbert217140.333
Kyler Murray143110.333
Daniel Jones163130.187
Sam Darnold174130.235
Deshaun Watson267190.269
Tom Brady12174470.611
Marcus Mariota2512130.480
Russell Wilson5932270.542
Matt Ryan9633630.344
Drew Lock8260.250
Dak Prescott4722250.468
Matthew Stafford8311720.132
Jared Goff3114170.451

100% now show the salarys for many BELOW Dak lol2 of the greatest are that for reason.. they have the highest..brady anbd mahomes..IMHOP only elite qb in this groiup active is Mahomes, LJ 2 time MVP on beter team not much higher then Dak.. shows a lot of TEAM play matters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Parsons has been over hyped as well although he at least appears to be a greater talent. He fizzles out against greater teams.

Lamb we are probably fixing to make the highest paid WR which I don’t think he is. His stats were ballooned against blowouts of lesser teams too. And doesn’t come up as big on the bigger stages and tougher defenses.

The list goes on . Diggs another over hyped and paid because of one breakout Interception season. He continues to give up big plays and yardage .

We over valued Elliott. And were finally able last year to get out from under his biggest contract at the time for a RB. The list goes on.

But these stars are very popular. Top 10 in jerseys sold in NFL. They attract fans. Butts in the seats is priority not winning championships.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wow. I wonder why someone hasn’t posted this before. Seems to be the big knock on him. How about a list of playoff records. Most all playoff teams are above .500.
well, thats been discussed and well lets use Manning again stared 3-6 took until year 9 to win Stafford took 13 years finally got on stacked team to win , LJ 2 time MVP only 2 playoff wins so far.. very few on that list has a great playoff record. Pretty sure the RS numbers corelate with playoffs as well.

i mean i showed the list of DC QBS td-int ration in the RS pretty much held par in the p[ayoffs they didn't step up or play better. Teams find ways to win, not just the qb and sometimes despite the QB..

Loso86

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams with a winning record during his entire career.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/dak-prescott-record-against-winning-teams/

Please note that winning and losing is a team statistic, not a quarterback statistic. A quarterback cannot control how well his defense, special teams, or coaching staff perform. He can only do his best with the opportunities he gets1. Therefore, it is important to look beyond the win-loss record and consider other factors such as efficiency, consistency, clutchness, and leadership when evaluating a quarterback’s performance.

As seen on our master QB record vs winning teams chart, there are only a handful of NFL quarterbacks that have a record above .500 against winning teams.
You can digest that information on your own. The only thing I want you to take away from this is that it is extremely rare to have a winning record against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/active-nfl-quarterback-records-against-winning-teams/

Aaron Rodgers8541441.483
Baker Mayfield287210.250
Jimmy Garoppolo2313100.565
Kirk Cousins5714430.246
Lamar Jackson2814140.500
Patrick Mahomes3422120.647
Josh Allen3417170.500
Justin Herbert217140.333
Kyler Murray143110.333
Daniel Jones163130.187
Sam Darnold174130.235
Deshaun Watson267190.269
Tom Brady12174470.611
Marcus Mariota2512130.480
Russell Wilson5932270.542
Matt Ryan9633630.344
Drew Lock8260.250
Dak Prescott4722250.468
Matthew Stafford8311720.132
Jared Goff3114170.451

Soooo lol all this shows is what we already know Brady is Goat and Mahomes is baby Goat. This proves nothing lmao