Dak Prescott wants legacy to be 'A man my mom would be proud of'

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Crazy how society insists on making pride a positive trait.

I get what he's saying, but I refuse to use that word.
I hope my parents don't use it to describe me, and I don't/won't use it in regards to my daughter (at least not in the way used here).
Self pride is the detrimental trait. And that's different from self-confidence. Biblically speaking of course.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then become a teacher or a preacher

He wants to be a rich man his mother can be proud of
Look Mama I swindled Jerry Jones and took him to the cleaners in fact and all he has to show for it is 2 playoff wins.
Mama you proud of your boy????
Oh, Mama they buying that goodwill sauce while I stink it up on the gridiron when it hurts our fans the most!
Mama, I point to you in the sky as I just made another commercial and pocketed a zillion or so selling everything from soup to beds.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Crazy how society insists on making pride a positive trait.

I get what he's saying, but I refuse to use that word.
I hope my parents don't use it to describe me, and I don't/won't use it in regards to my daughter (at least not in the way used here).
Pride can be a positive trait….it depends how you’re using it.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
This forum reaching new levels of toxic.

Prime Staubach losing titles to the Steelers would get ripped apart by our keyboard warriors smh
Let's put it this way . . . It's a DISCUSSION Board so if one can take reading differing viewpoints without being offended maybe they should stick to reading recipes on the interwebs.

I think Staubach was the greatest Cowboy QB and maybe player ever. Pest performer under pressure for sure and the one wildcard the Stealer coaching staff feared. Would never attack him or his play. I'll generally not attack anyone on these boards for posting their opinion even though I may be diametrically opposed to that opinion.

Keyboards warriors ... really? Pretty toxic name calling about other members and fellow fans !

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MAMA Why do I do bad things???
Why Mama why???

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His dad was probably never around. We all know why...
Oh he was never around? Why do you think that is? Though all it took was a simple google search but you’d rather assume he wasn’t there……

While Dak's parents divorced when he and his brothers were young, his bond with his father remained strong. Nathaniel has consciously kept a lower profile since the divorce, but he has always been there for Dak, disproving any rumors of his absence as a father.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let's put it this way . . . It's a DISCUSSION Board so if one can take reading differing viewpoints without being offended maybe they should stick to reading recipes on the interwebs.

I think Staubach was the greatest Cowboy QB and maybe player ever. Pest performer under pressure for sure and the one wildcard the Stealer coaching staff feared. Would never attack him or his play. I'll generally not attack anyone on these boards for posting their opinion even though I may be diametrically opposed to that opinion.

Keyboards warriors ... really? Pretty toxic name calling about other members and fellow fans !
Calling some of these guys keyboard warriors is a compliment for some of these guys.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Pretty sad that some poster's fandom takes away from their ability to have compassion for another human. If you don't like Dak's play on the field, great, feel free to have that opinion.....but it's pretty pathetic you can't respect somebody that had a special bond with his mom (that he lost) and just wants to feel like he is making her proud. Oh my, what a terrible guy!!! :rolleyes:

I'm thankful I was raised to not have shallow judgement upon others.

JayFord

Reaction score
Some just can't separate the man from the player.
thats what disapoints me......

I didnt like Jason Garrett as a head coach but as a person (from what hes shown, and what little i know of him) he always seemed like a great guy, someone who has moral's and is a stand up guy

I NEVER like Kobe the basketball player and cannot STAND Giannis but as men i always felt they had/have principals that i even live my life by

Prescott seems the same.....i believe we're too old not to be able to seperate the player from the person and people that cant shouldnt be allowed to log in here

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats what disapoints me......

I didnt like Jason Garrett as a head coach but as a person (from what hes shown, and what little i know of him) he always seemed like a great guy, someone who has moral's and is a stand up guy

I NEVER like Kobe the basketball player and cannot STAND Giannis but as men i always felt they had/have principals that i even live my life by

Prescott seems the same.....i believe we're too old not to be able to seperate the player from the person and people that cant shouldnt be allowed to log in here
Do you dare to compare Kobe and Giannis to Dak?
Ya, nothing to see here.........
Dak-Prescott-Blind-e1505759379154.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never seen other teams' fans berate their franchise QB to such a level, especially when concerning that QB's family, the way I've seen here. It's embarrassing for Cowboys fans.
lol. I agree with the quantity of negativity directed at Prescott's family. That has definitely exceeded anything thrown in Romo's direction about his family. The sheer volume is not even close by comparison.

Nevermind about other teams' fans in regards to berating their franchise quarterback though. Restrict the assumption to just Cowboys fans. Prescott has still not reached the summit of crap tossed at Romo's pile yet. The dumping has slowed down but the overall nonsense is still getting piled on.

"CABO!" :laugh: