Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

gmb1

Reaction score
Great....Jason Garrett gets off the hook again. :rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nothing about his game is better than Romo's other than the read option and Romo had much worse offensive lines than this one.
This kind of goes with out saying. Not sure how anyone could ever debate this.
He's have a bad game but immediately right the ship the next week...or even during the current game. Never strung together multiple bad outings.
But Tony's in the booth brother.

Honestly, I'm feeling for dak right now. He's better than what he's showing

Sydla

Reaction score
He's have a bad game but immediately right the ship the next week...or even during the current game. Never strung together multiple bad outings.

We play Jacksonville next. Might be tough for him to have a rebound game.

Legend

Reaction score
I'll take Cousins, Garoppolo (healthy) and even Fritz right now. Because they instantly makes the opposing team play the entire field instead on a 20 yard box at LOS. It's allows Zeke to run without constantly facing 8-9 in box and makes the LBs hesitate to play run or pass.

We actually have a decent team just watching this D playing it's guts out. Yes, it's broke down toward the end but that's what happens when you let the other team hang around.

Cousins has a decent #1 WR and #2 WR.

Last season, Adam Thielen had 1,276 receiving yards and Stefan Diggs had 849 receiving yards in 14 games.

Tampa Bay has Mike Evans (who has 1,000+ receiving yards in each of his first 4 seasons) plus Desean Jackson as a speedy #2.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Last year the narrative was Dak started having problems after Zeke was suspended (not true his problems started before but lets go with that). Now this season he has had Zeke all year, Zeke is leading the league in rushing and has a 5.2 YPC average (even after last nights bad game for him). So now the problem is his receivers, they supposedly can't get open. Well i suggest to all of you who think our receivers can't get open and get no separation to watch last nights game again but don't look at our team, instead watch the Texans and where Watson was putting the ball ( i will give you a hint...many many times last night it was into a very tight receiving window) Watson makes throws that Dak can't. It's really that simple. Don't believe me watch the game again

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Last season, Adam Thielen had 1,276 receiving yards and Stefan Diggs had 849 receiving yards in 14 games.

Tampa Bay has Mike Evans (who has 1,000+ receiving yards in each of his first 4 seasons) plus Desean Jackson as a speedy #2.

Receivers don't throw to themselves and neither of those guys would come close to 1000 yard receiving seasons with Dak throwing them the ball

Legend

Reaction score
Last year the narrative was Dak started having problems after Zeke was suspended (not true his problems started before but lets go with that). Now this season he has had Zeke all year, Zeke is leading the league in rushing and has a 5.2 YPC average (even after last nights bad game for him). So now the problem is his receivers, they supposedly can't get open. Well i suggest to all of you who think our receivers can't get open and get no separation to watch last nights game again but don't look at our team, instead watch the Texans and where Watson was putting the ball ( i will give you a hint...many many times last night it was into a very tight receiving window) Watson makes throws that Dak can't. It's really that simple. Don't believe me watch the game again

Watson has a true #1 WR that put the smack down on the Cowboys D.

Even Houston’s TE was running open last night as well.

It is easier for Watson when he has a Hopkins he can count on instead of a Hurns, Austin, Thompson, or Beasley.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

No doubt, I agree. But the David Carr effect is real in that he is getting gun shy and the hesitation on throws is chipping away at his confidence. Dak could succeed in the right system with the right personnel - unfortunately we have neither.

Sydla

Reaction score

Great.

Cousins is still a better QB than Prescott.

Prescott would absolutely not be putting up the numbers Cousins is in Minnesota right now if he were the QB there.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

It is easier for Watson when he has a Hopkins he can count on instead of a Hurns, Austin, Thompson, or Beasley.
Didn't Dak say he doesn't need a so called #1 WR to succeed?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Why are so many being dishonest about those interceptions? A tipped pass like the one to Gallup against Seattle, and the one to Austin are completely different from each other. And, then there's just flat out ignoring the 2nd pass being late and the defender also being there to tip it. Intellectual dishonesty is lost it seems in this world.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Why are so many being dishonest about those interceptions? A tipped pass like the one to Gallup against Seattle, and the one to Austin are completely different from each other. And, then there's just flat out ignoring the 2nd pass being late and the defender also being there to tip it. Intellectual dishonesty is lost it seems in this world.
Those are part of the game the same way Dak gets credit for all those passing yards on 3 yard screen pass throws that happen to go for 45 yards or the same way bad passes thrown directly into defenders hands (that should be INT's) are dropped by defenders, these things all average out over a season

Legend

Reaction score
Great.

Cousins is still a better QB than Prescott.

Prescott would absolutely not be putting up the numbers Cousins is in Minnesota right now if he were the QB there.

Since Dak can make throws like this to a RB, he definitely can make them consistently to a true #1 WR and #2 WR.

So what happened to the Vikings with the better QB Cousins?

Dak is not a GM and he will state anything to make sure he does upset the hand that feeds him (JJ).

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He wasn’t the problem, but he’s still struggling a bit. Dak needs to step up his game and be the other weapon (other than Zeke) this offense sorely needs. He’s been way short of that, looking very very average so far. I’m not sure if he can get to that point anymore. This coaching staff sure as hell won’t get him there....

Sydla

Reaction score
Since Dak can make throws like this to a RB, he definitely can make them consistently to a true #1 WR and #2 WR.

So what happened to the Vikings with the better QB Cousins?

Dak is not a GM and he will state anything to make sure he does upset the hand that feeds him (JJ).

Their defense has been a hot mess all season. That's what is happening to the Vikes. Plus, he's putting up great numbers with a pretty shoddy OL and that has been mixing and matching OL all season (you know, the excuse you guys want to use for Prescott - bad OL play).

You can't really be arguing that Dak is as good as Cousins.

It's getting embarrassing now. I'd trade Dak for Cousins right now without even blinking.

btcutter

Reaction score

You put Watson on last night's Cowboy's team and Dak on the Texans and watch Dallas destroy Texans 30+ to 16.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t think that Dak trusts his WR. 2 picks that were tipped by his WR. That’s not the first time. Both picks in the seahags was the same way. Austin should have caught that ball. These WR just aren’t that good. Dak has his problems for sure.

This Offense is predictable and Linehan has a hard time calling a good game. HC making bad choices. The whole thing is falling apart in front of JJ.

Legend

Reaction score
Romo carried his teams. This team is carrying Prescott.

Romo did not carry the 2007 team. He had TO, Witten, and 12 other pro bowlers.

Romo did not carry the 2014 team either since he had NFL rushing champion Murray and a still good Dez and Witten.

Most of his other seasons, the Cowboys were mediocre like they are now.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They can get open all they want. Dak has a hard time getting the ball down field accurately and in a timely fashion.
There was one play last night where dak scrambled to his right, and the war was coming back to him on the sidleline and dak fired it to him....... no ****, that pass was 3 to 4 yards out of bounds..... PATHETIC.