Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The only way one can argue otherwise would be to suggest Cousins is a worse QB than Dak. Is that the argument you are making?

It's possible. He's arguing that Witten and TO basically carried Romo, even though their Cowboy production levels both increased by better than 50% the minute Romo became the starter.....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
She is discussing this season. Please be respectful.
Take off the cape you're not superman and please stop being a disingenuous virtue signaler. Nothing said was disrespectful and if that was a guy you wouldn't have said nothing so stop the patronizing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Or go watch it again with more critical eyes. His weaknesses have always been present.
Yup. I wasn't all that impressed w/ Dak's rook year. Problem is, our stupid org can't see weaknesses if the team is winning. They've failed to develop Dak. Maybe he sucks anyway, IDK, but they haven't developed him at all.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yup. I wasn't all that impressed w/ Dak's rook year. Problem is, our stupid org can't see weaknesses if the team is winning. They've failed to develop Dak. Maybe he sucks anyway, IDK, but they haven't developed him at all.

This I'll agree with

Not a fan of Dak's by any stretch but you are right. We don't develop QB's very well. I would argue most of Romo's development was in spite of, rather than because of, our coaching and organization.

DiResta

Reaction score
Dak is going to get Garrett fired or maybe Garrett fires Linehan first, then goes 'eventually'
it just doesn't consistently function well
pick your reason but there's no denying the concept of Dak and Garrett's playbook called by Linehan doesn't work

Haimerej

Reaction score

One of the biggest differences I'm seeing in how defenses are playing him is that backside defender isn't biting on the play action nearly as often. They were crashing down the line to Zeke probably 90% of the time his rookie year. I remember one of the things Dak was praised about that year was how he was so good at the fake handoff. He was definitely getting free on his bootleg/rollouts much more consistently, but now those backside defenders are playing with much more discipline.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Respectfully understood. Many feel like you. Dak is not going anywhere. I'm sure you understand this. So what are you going to do?

I already pay way more attention to college football these days, and I don't feel obligated to continue watching the crap Jerry puts out there just because I liked it a quarter of a century ago.

Life is short.

Haimerej

Reaction score
This I'll agree with

Not a fan of Dak's by any stretch but you are right. We don't develop QB's very well. I would argue most of Romo's development was in spite of, rather than because of, our coaching and organization.

Coaches can only teach the game, players must execute. Dak is a limited QB and teams are forcing him to play to his weaknesses. I hold the coaches accountable for going with Dak, but literally any player who doesn't play well can be excused by the, "coaches failed to develop him," defense.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Coaches can only teach the game, players must execute. Dak is a limited QB and teams are forcing him to play to his weaknesses. I hold the coaches accountable for going with Dak, but literally any player who doesn't play well can be excused by the, "coaches failed to develop him," defense.

Absolutely no argument there sir.

We are reaping what we sowed. I was hardcore in the camp that Romo should have resumed the starters role once healthy in 2016.
JG got wowed by the early success and ignored the very obvious warts.

Now teams have the book on what he can and can't do, and he's actually comically easy to defend. When is the last time a team had the leagues leading rusher and was averaging less than 175 yards per game passing.

That's borderline criminal. Dak is a major issue at teh QB spot. I agree with you.
However--I still think that our organization has issues as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive....

Harpospoke

Reaction score
Telling that you can point to so many things about the team as "the problem". If someone says these things are a problem:

the coach
the QB
the O-line
the playcalling
the secondary
the receivers
the pass rush

All would be the correct answer.

That's when you know you are watching a bad team. Heck...even Zeke has contributed to the problems with bonehead plays.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No, you're just complaining as usual. The Cowboys have made it clear that Dak is not the problem. He's here to stay. Based on that fact which we all know now, constant complaints to the contrary by posters like yourself actually make that trolling.
They can "make it clear" all they want but nothing changes the undeniable truth that Dak is not an NFL QB. Does he have skills, yes. Is being able to get the ball out on time & accurately among them, no.

Anyone who doesn't see that by this point .... isn't looking for the truth.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So he escaped a few sacks to throw high or into the turf. Whoopee! Quincy Carter could do better with this offense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This coaching staff could have Mahommes and Kamara rotting away on the bench not getting any playing time.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Dak was an inaccurate mess, you are in denial or trolling at this point. I can't believe that you're actually serious.

He was rattled early, was sailing balls, and not picking up blitzes. He was awful.
He was horrid. The local media is blasting him this morning. Every single station : 103.3, 105.3, and the ticket. Heck I don't need them to confirm what I already know.

Denial is bad place to be in.