Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak wasn't the problem?...….Watson looked more like he was the 3rd year QB while Dak looked more like the 2nd year QB. Look at the film.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak wasn't the problem?...….Watson looked more like he was the 3rd year QB while Dak looked more like the 2nd year QB. Look at the film.
again...look at the supporting cast at wr. Its comparing rocks to oranges.

John813

Reaction score
Here might be the big problem with that. Are you willing to waste this defense and all the improvements we have clearly made,only to lose the next 2 years? THEN maybe lose good players on D? I rather get Dak a couple studs at wr and fix the oline than toss the baby out with the bathwater.Im with ya tho dude...its hard to sit back and watch our beloved team lose,especially when it didn't have to be that way. Think about it. We already converted a 4th and 1, why wouldn't we go for it again in OT? Especially when you know the Texans have big time weapons that can hurt us? THAT playing it safe crap is all on JG. He lost us that game by not knowing when to take risk.

Well the defense is being wasted anyways with Dak currently at QB. Not saying the blame all lies on his feet.
Not seeing anything on offense that can be fixed in one or two years.
New coaches, and talent at receivers at the very least. Then you got to worry about guys like Smith, Frederick and Collins to a certain degree.
Add in Stephen and his cheap *** ways on player acquisition, it's going to be a long process even if we stay with Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's refreshing to find posters who can disagree yet not get personal, ugly and insulting. :clap:
That's a rarity around here and in distant corners of the Internet.
yup..I have a couple posters on here that I ignore due to exactly what you said. Im too old for the bs etc. I just like intelligent fun debate,with a lil humor too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
yup..I have a couple posters on here that I ignore due to exactly what you said. Im too old for the bs etc. I just like intelligent fun debate,with a lil humor too.
I need to take a page from your book. I still indulge them, but even I'm getting tired of that game. Can't we just agree to disagree instead of "You don't know football," "Your opinion is just dumb," etc.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
If he doesn't perform better? Did you watch tonight's game? Dak kept this Offense alive and gave them a chance. Everyone else failed badly. No one else on offense stepped up.

Houston played to stop Zeke and only Zeke, which they succeeded. He didn’t do well because he had nowhere to go.

All Dak had to do was open up the passing game to give Zeke room to breathe. Couldn’t even do it. Yes the WR’s dropped passes. The passing game from QB to receivers is atrocious.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well the defense is being wasted anyways with Dak currently at QB. Not saying the blame all lies on his feet.
Not seeing anything on offense that can be fixed in one or two years.
New coaches, and talent at receivers at the very least. Then you got to worry about guys like Smith, Frederick and Collins to a certain degree.
Add in Stephen and his cheap *** ways on player acquisition, it's going to be a long process even if we stay with Dak.
Im not ever been one of these perpetual guys that holler to fire Garrett..I hate that, BUT last night finally was the last straw. Time for him to go. Instead of doing everything within your power to win, you punt lol..when you know the clock is almost gone and the other team has a multitude of studs...that was asking to get beat and unfair to the defense. GARRETT SHOULD BE FIRED THIS MORNING.NO BALLS AT ALL.

kramskoi

Reaction score

• By Sam Quinn
  • 2h ago • 2 min read
Some day, historians are going to look at the Week 5 loss that the Dallas Cowboys sustained against the Houston Texans and think that Dak Prescott played a bad game. The evidence is there. The Cowboys scored only 16 points. Prescott threw two interceptions and gained only 208 yards through the air. His quarterback rating was 66.4. Based on his poor play in the four weeks prior, it wouldn't be a stretch to just tack one extra bad game onto his ledger. And that is a shame, because for once, Prescott was not remotely the problem against the Texans.

Those two interceptions Prescott threw? Both tipped... by his own receivers. Granted, they weren't perfect throws, but most throws aren't. It is reasonable for a quarterback to expect his receivers to be able to, you know, stretch. Prescott didn't throw those balls 10 yards over their heads. He missed slightly. But when you miss at all with this group of Cowboys receivers, you miss entirely.

Speaking of missing, Prescott made the Texans do quite a bit of that. He was pressured relentlessly in this game, but he was sacked only twice. He escaped perhaps half a dozen sacks based on nothing more than body control and athleticism.

(Continue reading):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-wasnt-the-problem-against-the-houston-texans/
This is sycophantic, apologist hogwash. When a receiver has to launch himself off the ground, it usually means that the ball is/was too high. This vacuous "if it hits your hands you should catch" B.S. only applies to certain throws...not ALL balls that Prescott just happens to throw high. It's just more excuses for a guy still living on 2016...and if not for that year would be on thin ice by now.

The media seems to want to drive a rift through this team at present, which is why you've heard Beasley and now Hurns point out that the narrative that is being spun (like the narrative about Bryant) might not be the objective truth. Maybe these guys are only as good as the man throwing them the ball. Historians aren't going to "look back at the Week 5 loss". What a load of defecation that is. It took Prescott 5 quarters and a short pitch to Swaim carried over 40 yards to get him over 200 yards.

According to the author of this tripe Prescott is less responsible for where he puts the ball compared to how his receivers might have to contort or launch their bodies to make the catch. It's not just the four weeks prior that Prescott has had troubles. His lackluster play goes back to Atlanta last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He might not be the problem but ive grown sick of watching him

Yes I believe in him , yes i want him to suceed but at this point i just rather not see him

The Cowboys are always the last to figure these things out.

We need a QB because our pass offense has been awful.

We'd be a 1 loss team if we could throw the football.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here might be the big problem with that. Are you willing to waste this defense and all the improvements we have clearly made,only to lose the next 2 years? THEN maybe lose good players on D? I rather get Dak a couple studs at wr and fix the oline than toss the baby out with the bathwater.Im with ya tho dude...its hard to sit back and watch our beloved team lose,especially when it didn't have to be that way. Think about it. We already converted a 4th and 1, why wouldn't we go for it again in OT? Especially when you know the Texans have big time weapons that can hurt us? THAT playing it safe crap is all on JG. He lost us that game by not knowing when to take risk.

First, this notion that the OL is performing like one of the worst in football has to stop. They have played more than adequately enough. Last night was tough but even then, there were times Dak had a pocket and panicked and dumped the ball off quickly. Could they be better? Sure. But I don't get why people are acting like they are terrible.

Stud WRs won't fix this offense either.

People really need to start to come to grips with the reality that Dak just isn't good enough. He caught lightning in a bottle in 2016 and what we see now is, unfortunately, the type of QB he is. I really hope we don't waste the next few years of the franchise thinking that he's the guy. I fear we will waste some players just like we have with the Garrett experiment.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We need to stop with the supporting cast crutches.

As mediocre as our WRs are, it's clear Prescott is average, at best.
Not trying to beat a dead horse,but who is his number 1 wr?Who is his number 2? 3? See my point? Who can he rely on and trust? On the flip side, Watson is insulated with the ALL PRO Hopkins, Will Fuller,Coutee,and a solid TE. Dak has hot garbage at wr. I'm not saying Dak is great,but he isn't nearly that bad. You give Dak a guy he can trust, he will revert back to good Dak again. Right now,if your him, who do you have blind faith in? Garrett? lol...Swaim? that oline? THE RECEIVERS? LMAO....Its pretty remarkable Dak has not been hurt yet.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

• By Sam Quinn
  • 2h ago • 2 min read
Some day, historians are going to look at the Week 5 loss that the Dallas Cowboys sustained against the Houston Texans and think that Dak Prescott played a bad game. The evidence is there. The Cowboys scored only 16 points. Prescott threw two interceptions and gained only 208 yards through the air. His quarterback rating was 66.4. Based on his poor play in the four weeks prior, it wouldn't be a stretch to just tack one extra bad game onto his ledger. And that is a shame, because for once, Prescott was not remotely the problem against the Texans.

Those two interceptions Prescott threw? Both tipped... by his own receivers. Granted, they weren't perfect throws, but most throws aren't. It is reasonable for a quarterback to expect his receivers to be able to, you know, stretch. Prescott didn't throw those balls 10 yards over their heads. He missed slightly. But when you miss at all with this group of Cowboys receivers, you miss entirely.

Speaking of missing, Prescott made the Texans do quite a bit of that. He was pressured relentlessly in this game, but he was sacked only twice. He escaped perhaps half a dozen sacks based on nothing more than body control and athleticism.

(Continue reading):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-wasnt-the-problem-against-the-houston-texans/
sorry but he was a problem, maybe not the worst problem, certainly not the only problem but he was a problem. Again, poor accuracy on throws but very late in the 4th quarter, on 3rd and 17 not close to fg range, he dropped back 8 more yards then took off fairly quickly as if he may run 25 yards for a first. A sack wouldnt have been so bad there, they just punt and pin. Even a long int wouldnt have been so bad, it would have been like a bad punt. There was no time to let the defense get the ball back and have another try. His idea to try to run 25 yards was incredibly stupid. He barely waited for receiver to try to get open. He is a dumb qb with a noodle arm. he IS a problem.

Rayman70

Reaction score
First, this notion that the OL is performing like one of the worst in football has to stop. They have played more than adequately enough. Last night was tough but even then, there were times Dak had a pocket and panicked and dumped the ball off quickly. Could they be better? Sure. But I don't get why people are acting like they are terrible.

Stud WRs won't fix this offense either.

People really need to start to come to grips with the reality that Dak just isn't good enough. He caught lightning in a bottle in 2016 and what we see now is, unfortunately, the type of QB he is. I really hope we don't waste the next few years of the franchise thinking that he's the guy. I fear we will waste some players just like we have with the Garrett experiment.
no not the worst..but certainly has been a big problem...the oline. Dak needs to settle down and find a guy he can trust.

Rayman70

Reaction score
sorry but he was a problem, maybe not the worst problem, certainly not the only problem but he was a problem. Again, poor accuracy on throws but very late in the 4th quarter, on 3rd and 17 not close to fg range, he dropped back and 8 more yards then took off fairly quickly as if he may run 25 yards for a first. A sack wouldnt have been so bad there, they just punt and pin. Even a long int wouldnt have been so bad, it would have been like a punt. There was no time to let the defense get the ball back and have another try. His idea to try to run 25 yards was incredibly stupid. He barely waited for was to try to get open. He is a dumb qb with a noodle arm. he IS a problem.
So did Tavon drop that pass and tip it so it could be easily intercepted,or did Dak? Did Thompson drop/tip that pass so it could be intercepted? Did Dak punt the ball in OT and give the game essentially to the Texans or did Garrett? Those are 3 huge turning points in the game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I need to take a page from your book. I still indulge them, but even I'm getting tired of that game. Can't we just agree to disagree instead of "You don't know football," "Your opinion is just dumb," etc.
bingo

Dre11

Reaction score
The Cowboys are always the last to figure these things out.

We need a QB because our pass offense has been awful.

We'd be a 1 loss team if we could throw the football.

To throw better your qb must be better, he can do some little things, but when he has to raise his game a little, he fails.
Dak is struggling with basic stuff. Accuracy is an issue, pocket awareness is an issue,

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
If any top 15 NFL QB were on the field last night with the Cowboys, we win that game something to the tune of 31-16. So ok, Dak is not the problem. WHATEVER!!! Even Dungie at halftime more or less said he is the problem. He looked straight into the camera and said, "if the Cowboys are going to win this game, Dak has to step it up and win this one."

DAK IS THE PROBLEM. HE SUCKS. WE ARE AN NFL TEAM AND HE IS A MEDIOCRE BACKUP AT BEST. HE SUCKS, ENOUGH TWISTING AND TURNING. HE JUST PLAIN SUCKS.

Bluedocd

Reaction score
This is sycophantic, apologist hogwash. When a receiver has to launch himself off the ground, it usually means that the ball is/was too high. This vacuous "if it hits your hands you should catch" B.S. only applies to certain throws...not ALL balls that Prescott just happens to throw high. It's just more excuses for a guy still living on 2016...and if not for that year would be on thin ice by now.

The media seems to want to drive a rift through this team at present, which is why you've heard Beasley and now Hurns point out that the narrative that is being spun (like the narrative about Bryant) might not be the objective truth. Maybe these guys are only as good as the man throwing them the ball. Historians aren't going to "look back at the Week 5 loss". What a load of defecation that is. It took Prescott 5 quarters and a short pitch to Swaim carried over 40 yards to get him over 200 yards.

According to the author of this tripe Prescott is less responsible for where he puts the ball compared to how his receivers might have to contort or launch their bodies to make the catch. It's not just the four weeks prior that Prescott has had troubles. His lackluster play goes back to Atlanta last year.
Yeah and OTHER Receivers catch those TOO high balls all the time. You guys are flat out giving these second string Cowboy WRs too much credit. The Receivers on this team suck....period.
Hell Watson was throwing to guys who were WIDE OPEN almost all night! When was the last time you seen a Cowboy Receiver open let alone wide open?? Hell dak is putting the ball the only place he can! and these jokers still can't catch it!

Naruto

Reaction score
If Dak was throwing passes to a true receiver like Hopkins, the stat line would look very different. How many high passes did Watson throw that receivers not only had to stretch for but jump for? How many passes did he throw low to covered receivers that went down and caught them?

Dak has his own warts, no doubt, but to think this offense would look entirely different with another QB is silly. It would look much better with a true threat at TE, a key security outlet for every QB, and it would look like a playoff machine with both a TE and a true playmaker at WR.

Dak wouldn't have the stones to throw half the balls that get thrown to Hopkins.

Did you watch Hopkins with Osweiller? He was a nonfactor because Osweiller couldn't/wouldn't make the tight window throws Hopkins thrives on

Dak needs WRs that get 5 yards of separation on every play...there's maybe 4 in the league that can do that