News: Dak Prescott won't rule himself out for Cowboys' Week 4 game vs Commanders

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Zero reason to rule anything out.
He's throwing a football.
He is unlikely to play but if he can and they are wining why not let him have a series before the big games coming up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Unsurprising

I imagine he would prefer to light up a leaky Wash defense than come back to face LAR or Philly.

With the way our ground n pound and defense is working, all he needs to do is drop back and hand off and we should win on Sun.

But this earns him “toughness” points and removes Rush from winning 3 straight and Dak won’t have to hear more and more accolades for Coop and more and more questions about his game

You mean the way the Rush lit up the Bengals and Giants?

If Dak comes back against Washington then he would also play Rams and Phlly. So your comment makes little sense.

dckid

Reaction score
He just got the stitches out yesterday. It seems like playing 6 days later would be a bit of a rush.

FULL STORY

Dak replaced Tony
Wally pipped
Brady replaced Bledsoe
Herbert replaced Taylor
Brees got replaced by Phillip Rivers

This is the NFL right or wrong teams go with the hot hand. I personally had no attachment with Romo. He just wanted to play. He is so much better at watching and analyzing the game then when he played.
Dak is really not the different than Romo, he is not Herbert, Lawrence , Lamar type QB.
Mac Jones ceiling is Dak Prescott, Cousins. Dak is a better version of Goff. If the situation is perfect you can win with them, they will not carry you.

Rush is like the Babe. Everyone loves the backup

CWR

Reaction score
He just got the stitches out yesterday. It seems like playing 6 days later would be a bit of a rush.

FULL STORY

Yeah they said on 105.3 he shook one of the guys hands and told em I just wanted to show you my grip strength.

I cant blame him, Rush is balling lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak replaced Tony
Wally pipped
Brady replaced Bledsoe
Herbert replaced Taylor

This is the NFL right or wrong teams go with the hot hand. I personally had no attachment with Romo. He just wanted to play. He is so much better at watching and analyzing the game then when he played.
Dak is really not the different than Romo, he is not Herbert, Lawrence , Lamar type QB.
Mac Jones ceiling is Dak Prescott, Cousins. Dak is a better version of Goff. If the situation is perfect you can win with them, they will not carry you.

All of that's true, but I'm going to need to see Rush win a game when the opponent scores more than one touchdown before anointing him.

He's put up 21 ppg in 3 starts. All wins, but that's less than the league scoring average in recent years. Sooner or later he'll be pressed to do more, like Romo and Dak before him.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak replaced Tony
Wally pipped
Brady replaced Bledsoe
Herbert replaced Taylor

Yeah but Dak has a ton of money on the books and isn't nearly as old and broken as Romo was at that point.

Don't get me wrong Romo was awesome, but his body failed him. Dak does appear to have lost his tank/suit of armor luster though.

nobody

Reaction score
I'd say it's also a guy who just wants to play football. But this is where the team has to protect a player from himself and do what's best, for all involved, long-term.

Exactly. It would be stupid to play him this early. He needs that recovery time for the good of the team. It might also help him to see how the team is winning without him so he can see what he's been doing wrong (and right) since the Denver game so when he comes back whatever has been stewing in his mind that's been screwing up his play goes away (we can hope)

stinkface

Reaction score
He's not playing this week. We shouldn't need him if the D keeps playing like they have been playing. Carson is hearing voices and seeing ghosts.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Get fully healed, Dak. You may want to give Rush some time to drop a game or two and not replace a dude who is 3-0.