News: Dak Prescott won't rule himself out for Cowboys' Week 4 game vs Commanders

yentl911

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t want to let Rush play any more than he has to. If he continues to play well I think we should stay with Cooper and let Dak fully heal

Redline360

Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind would start Dak next week especially when you have a QB/team playing great together.

Sit and heal some more. Absolutely no reason why Cooper or the Cowboys should lose to Washington the way they have been playing.

I would sit him to the Eagles game honestly. Dak or no Dak don't think were beating the Rams anyway so why take the chance

Carson

Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind would start Dak next week especially when you have a QB/team playing great together.

Sit and heal some more. Absolutely no reason why Cooper or the Cowboys should lose to Washington the way they have been playing.

I would sit him to the Eagles game honestly. Dak or no Dak don't think were beating the Rams anyway so why take the chance
This isn’t the Rams of last year. They are more beatable than Philly right now. They are solid but no where near as explosive

Blown out by Buffalo
Squeaked by a bad Atlanta team 31-27
Beat Arizona 20-12

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He should probably sit one more out, but they'll keep setting fans up with the drama of if he comes back or if Rush will continue the streak, lol.
Also, it may be a slight advantage with regard to strategy.

plymkr

Reaction score
I would rather see him return for that game than against the Rams or Philly. He has a much better chance of playing well against the commodes. He’s going to need some confidence heading into the Rams and Philly game.
Good point. If he rushes back is there any chance of re-injury? If I had my choice I'd rather have him come back 100% healthy so he stays healthy. But I don't know the nature of the injury. It would be good to get a game in before the big dogs of Philadelphia and LA to get some confidence and rhythm.

NotForLong

Reaction score
He just got the stitches out yesterday. It seems like playing 6 days later would be a bit of a rush.

FULL STORY

So yesterday He takes His Shirt off and makes this huge announcement . . . What's He gonna do next week father the Cowboys win?

Is he gonna come in with flashing lights and a marching band

Ken

Reaction score
He just got the stitches out yesterday. It seems like playing 6 days later would be a bit of a rush.

FULL STORY

I would rather him come back after missing a few weeks vs Washington than the Rams.

I just think the Rams present a lot more problems defensively and would like the buffer game to get up to speed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good point. If he rushes back is there any chance of re-injury? If I had my choice I'd rather have him come back 100% healthy so he stays healthy. But I don't know the nature of the injury. It would be good to get a game in before the big dogs of Philadelphia and LA to get some confidence and rhythm.

If he rushes back you would have to assume there’s a chance of reinjury but I’m no doctor. If he’s not 100% I can’t see how he’s going to be able to throw the ball effectively. I think the Cowboys are going to probably play Cooper Rush the next two games and see how it goes. If the Cowboys continue to win they could possibly stay with Rush but I would think they would want their best QB in the lineup for Philly. That’s going to be a big game!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No way he comes back this early. Coop is winning and playing well. You get the chance to come back healthy as possible….take it.

Nav22

Reaction score
While no one has ruled out Prescott playing against the Commanders on Sunday, Prescott said after Monday night’s victory over the Giants that Week 5 against the Rams probably is more realistic for his return.

“Nah, probably not,” Prescott told Lorenzo Reyes of USA Today Sports about playing against Washington. “But Week 5 against the Rams? That’s the one I’m looking at.”

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Dak replaced Tony
Wally pipped
Brady replaced Bledsoe
Herbert replaced Taylor
Brees got replaced by Phillip Rivers

This is the NFL right or wrong teams go with the hot hand. I personally had no attachment with Romo. He just wanted to play. He is so much better at watching and analyzing the game then when he played.
Dak is really not the different than Romo, he is not Herbert, Lawrence , Lamar type QB.
Mac Jones ceiling is Dak Prescott, Cousins. Dak is a better version of Goff. If the situation is perfect you can win with them, they will not carry you.

Rush is like the Babe. Everyone loves the backup

Obviously you never saw Babe play….

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Why is this even a story? Dak is not going to be the one who decides when he's cleared to play..