Twitter: Dak rank 32nd (worst) first down passing percentage on 3rd down

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said in todays NFL. Aikman would throw a ton of yards in this NFL.
If Aikman ran this same offense?He wouldn't. Which is the problem. This offense is outdated and isn't meant to put up tough yards. Factor in the defense doesn't get turnovers....and this is your result.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
\

And there it is...but people will ignore this.

The first one kind of goes against Dak (2nd one too somewhat if you understand context). It means the team is one of the worst at being able to overcome penalties.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What do you mean what's my point? I was replying to another posts post. If Dak is throwing under pressure 40% of the time what does that mean to you?

That he is not reading the defense well, not decisive, holds the ball too long and too often moves into pressure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The first one kind of goes against Dak (2nd one too somewhat if you understand context). It means the team is one of the worst at being able to overcome penalties.

So false starts and offensive penalties are Dak's fault?

Look I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm high on Dak right now because I'm not. But I'm not gonna unfairly criticize him. I can criticize him for inaccurate throws and terrible pocket presence and bad footwork at times......but I'm not blaming him for poor coaching and dumb penalties.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What do you mean what's my point? I was replying to another posts post. If Dak is throwing under pressure 40% of the time what does that mean to you?
I apologize I should’ve read the whole thread. It means to me that the offensive woes are not all Dak’s fault which many of us have been saying.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So false starts and offensive penalties are Dak's fault?

Look I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm high on Dak right now because I'm not. But I'm not gonna unfairly criticize him. I can criticize him for inaccurate throws and terrible pocket presence and bad footwork at times......but I'm not blaming him for poor coaching and dumb penalties.

Please...reading comprehension.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That he is not reading the defense well, not decisive, holds the ball too long and too often moves into pressure.
He has no time to read the defenses and can’t trust his receivers to be open. He’s been holding the ball to long hoping they will. Have you been watching the games? He hardly ever has a clean pocket.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Please...reading comprehension.
I asked you a question. Are you going to answer it?
I apologize I should’ve read the whole thread. It means to me that the offensive woes are not all Dak’s fault which many of us have been saying.

Exactly. But now its Dak's fault he can't block for himself or coach himself. Dak is surrounded by incompetence and people wonder why he's struggling........incompetence from the top down.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

No. At least not completely. I haven't watched them as much, but their lines are not as good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He has no time to read the defenses and can’t trust his receivers to be open. He’s been holding the ball to long hoping they will. Have you been watching the games? He hardly ever has a clean pocket.
People love to bring up Romo but Romo also held the ball a long time to try and make something from the nothing playbook. Romo's biggest plays came from him improvising which is exactly what Dak tries to do. Its the only way you can even run this offense. Its why pocket passers like Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell struggled in it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. At least not completely. I haven't watched them as much, but their lines are not as good.

This line being good is a myth at this point. Is it good enough to win with? I'd like to think so. But its been underachieving in pass blocking and run blocking.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I asked you a question. Are you going to answer it?

You asked a dumb question because you can't read. I am not blaming Dak for penalties. That stat wasn't about the number of penalties, it was about the ability to overcome them. The Cowboys do so at the worst rate in the league. That doesn't make the QB look good.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This line being good is a myth at this point. Is it good enough to win with? I'd like to think so. But its been underachieving in pass blocking and run blocking.
It looks worse than it is sometimes because of the QB.