Dak rookie year vs. Dak now?

reddyuta

Reaction score
This is false and was contradicted by statements Dak himself made. You also see Romo going over things with Dak live during the season.

And no way in hell did Witten not help. Don’t believe it for a second.

agree with this,seems ridiculous/

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The dam train lol. He's a joke of a QB on a winning team. Like I said I'm just glad our defense can make up for daks dead weight.

Looks like the joke is on you troll. Dak lead us to the playoffs again. Looks like you will just have to keep rooting for the Cowboys to lose on wild card weekend. Have fun with that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like the joke is on you troll. Dak lead us to the playoffs again. Looks like you will just have to keep rooting for the Cowboys to lose on wild card weekend. Have fun with that.

Why do people like u resort to name calling? Gotta resort to calling people troll or hater because we see things differently.... Apparently you can't read either, as I wrote I root for all cowboys to win. Since you are to weak to form constructive dialog why don't you take your ball an go home....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why do people like u resort to name calling? Gotta resort to calling people troll or hater because we see things differently.... Apparently you can't read either, as I wrote I root for all cowboys to win. Since you are to weak to form constructive dialog why don't you take your ball an go home....

Troll or hater is not name calling as it would be banned from here if it was. And considering that this is probably the most strict site in that regard is a bit soft for you to say.

You are a troll and you are a hater. No big deal, embrace it. I am a Garrett hater. But I don't troll about him. I used to, but don't anymore.

You claim to root for a Cowboys win, but after a win you come on here and sprue hatred and you troll.

You come across as a rather angry person that hates to win. Which I could care less. whatever floats your boat.

And I am home. Dak just led us to the playoffs and I love it. You on the other hand don't like that. So maybe its time for you to root for another team. Bye troll.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Troll or hater is not name calling as it would be banned from here if it was. And considering that this is probably the most strict site in that regard is a bit soft for you to say.

You are a troll and you are a hater. No big deal, embrace it. I am a Garrett hater. But I don't troll about him. I used to, but don't anymore.

You claim to root for a Cowboys win, but after a win you come on here and sprue hatred and you troll.

You come across as a rather angry person that hates to win. Which I could care less. whatever floats your boat.

And I am home. Dak just led us to the playoffs and I love it. You on the other hand don't like that. So maybe its time for you to root for another team. Bye troll.

I love my team in the playoffs. Still not a fan of Dak as he is extremely limited at the most important offensive position but luckily the defense bails him out again and again. Not sure how I'm angry. My cowboys about to win a wildcard game and compete for a shot at a SB. I'm concerned from the lack of ability from the QB position.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love my team in the playoffs. Still not a fan of Dak as he is extremely limited at the most important offensive position but luckily the defense bails him out again and again. Not sure how I'm angry. My cowboys about to win a wildcard game and compete for a shot at a SB. I'm concerned from the lack of ability from the QB position.

Well if you enjoy making the playoffs then you should give a little more respect to the QB that has been there two of the last 3 years making the playoffs. Would have made it all 3 if not for Zeke getting suspended.

Maybe you are just a candidate for the ignore feature. I have never got along well with people that blame everything on one person when its clear that there are issues all over the place in this organization and on this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My biggest problem with Dak is his inability to improve in areas of basic QB play

Footwork
Pre snap reads
Anticipating holes in coverage
Ball security
Having a mental clock on when to get the balk out

Either he can't improve or does not want to put in the work to improve or does not think he needs to improve

First of all he has a tireless work ethic so its not that.

And although I don't agree with you on some of these, wouldn't it stand to reason that most of those issues listed are issues that a good coaching staff should be addressing?

But lets address a few of these:

-Footwork? I haven't paid attention so maybe you can elaborate. Is this because of pressure and he is having to get rid of it?

-Pre snap reads? How do you know this one? How do you know what he is reading and what he isn't? This is a reach. Now I agree he could be much better at anticipating a route coming open in a hole.

The last two I agree with. Im also going to add that scheme and lack of open receivers does play a part in this.

Most of your list is correctable with good coaching and more experience. He should get better at this.

Most people forget that Dak was basically a QB in college that was able to run with the ball any time he didn't like or understand what he saw. Dak has a bigger learning curve in that regard then pro style QB's have when it comes to staying in the pocket and delivering the football.

The Oline was sooo good his first 24 games that he didn't have much adversity and plenty of time to throw. These last 24 games have been eye opening for him and he will get better because of it.

visionary

Reaction score
First of all he has a tireless work ethic so its not that.

And although I don't agree with you on some of these, wouldn't it stand to reason that most of those issues listed are issues that a good coaching staff should be addressing?

But lets address a few of these:

-Footwork? I haven't paid attention so maybe you can elaborate. Is this because of pressure and he is having to get rid of it?

-Pre snap reads? How do you know this one? How do you know what he is reading and what he isn't? This is a reach. Now I agree he could be much better at anticipating a route coming open in a hole.

The last two I agree with. Im also going to add that scheme and lack of open receivers does play a part in this.

Most of your list is correctable with good coaching and more experience. He should get better at this.

Most people forget that Dak was basically a QB in college that was able to run with the ball any time he didn't like or understand what he saw. Dak has a bigger learning curve in that regard then pro style QB's have when it comes to staying in the pocket and delivering the football.

The Oline was sooo good his first 24 games that he didn't have much adversity and plenty of time to throw. These last 24 games have been eye opening for him and he will get better because of it.

Footwork: if you "haven't been paying attention " to tge footwork of a QB it's hard to take what you say seriously. Footwork is THE most important thing for a QB to be able to be accurate and Dak has horrible footwork

Regarding pre snap reads: did you watch the TB game where Aikman highlighted some of this on video replay? Yeah, understanding defenses pre snap allows a QB to anticipate windows and 'throw receivers open'. Dak dies not do that consistently

These problems did not just arise, they were there all last year and he has had 2 off seasons to improve since he has a "tireless work ethic". Evidence shows he is regressing not improving

Either he does not think he needs to get better or can't get better. Both if those are bad

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Footwork: if you "haven't been paying attention " to tge footwork of a QB it's hard to take what you say seriously. Footwork is THE most important thing for a QB to be able to be accurate and Dak has horrible footwork

Regarding pre snap reads: did you watch the TB game where Aikman highlighted some of this on video replay? Yeah, understanding defenses pre snap allows a QB to anticipate windows and 'throw receivers open'. Dak dies not do that consistently

Ok so since its so simple and obvious, and you have been studying Daks footwork then tell me what is bad about his footwork. Or is that you cant?

visionary

Reaction score
Ok so since its so simple and obvious, and you have been studying Daks footwork then tell me what is bad about his footwork. Or is that you cant?

1. He does not set his feet when he throws and throws off balance even when there is no pressure . This is partly when he throws short or sails passes over players heads

2. Does not step up in the pocket to avoid outside pressure and instead bails and turns his back to the LOS

These are basic basic things

Go back and watch the game. You'll see I'm right

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. He does not set his feet when he throws and throws off balance even when there is no pressure . This is partly when he throws short or sails passes over players heads

2. Does not step up in the pocket to avoid outside pressure and instead bails and turns his back to the LOS

These are basic basic things

Go back and watch the game. You'll see I'm right

#2 I definitely agree with. #1 I will have to look for.

1. should have been cured already over 3 years with the right coaching. 2 is harder to cure, but its a big problem and it should be focused on.

DFWJC

Reaction score
According to the crew on The Ticket postgame show, Romo NEVER was a help to Dak. They said that was a myth. He didn't want to help the guy who could take his job. They said Witten was the same way. The guys on The Break said it also.
Merry Christmas

However, The ticket is full of ****:muttley:
Certain eople there are routinely full of it regarding anything Romo
Who said it?

Why not ask 105.3 he Fan...who has people actually inside the facility

Ask Dak.
And for that matter, I personally saw them out at dinner together at least twice. That wasnt only because a family man and single man just wanted hang out

Last edited: