Dak & Rush Stats

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Stats for Dak & Rush
    • The stats point to Dak being a really good QB.
    • The stats point to Rush being a backup QB with an elite defense.
  • The Cowboys in 2021:
    • 1st in points scored
    • 2nd in passing yards
    • 3rd in passing TDs
    • 4th in Net Yards per Pass Attempt
  • Team Points per Game
    • Rush
      • Rush starts in 2021: 20
      • Rush starts in 2022: 22.7
    • Dak
      • Dak starts in 2021: 32
      • Dak starts in 2021 close score games: 29
        • Score difference of less than 10 points.
  • Defensive Help in 2022 Wins
    • 14.3 points per game allowed in 2022 wins
    • 28.2 points per game allowed in 2021 losses
  • The Cowboys in 2020 (Dak vs other Backups)
    • Leading the league in passing yards at the point that Dak was injured.
    • ~300 yards ahead of the 2nd place team in total yards for the 5 games with Dak.
    • 32.6 points per game with Dak
    • 21.1 points per game without Dak (Andy Dalton at QB)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waiting for basement GM eye test and other reasons and excuses. :popcorn: :laugh:

Clearly who needs to be the starter though as to scoring. Last years 1st 5 game Dak with this years defense. Could be lethal. Goodell and Mara will be making up rules as they play. :muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
  • Stats for Dak & Rush
  • The Cowboys in 2021:
    • 1st in points scored
    • 2nd in passing yards
    • 3rd in passing TDs
  • Team Points per Game
    • Rush
    • Dak
    • ~300 yards ahead of the 2nd place team in total yards for the 5 games with Dak.
1. The Cowboys in 2021 was last year. That was a different roster. So that means nothing to the current roster.

2. PPG? Who cares? We're scoring enough points to be ahead of the other team when it's over. When/if we lose in a shoot out with Rush at QB then we'll talk.

3. You're comparing the wins with Rush to the loses with Dak? Of course they are going to be different. Why didn't you use the PPG allowed in 2021 wins? It seems you cherry picked this one big time. Come on now.

4. 2020, the mythological Dak season that wasn't. I'm so over hearing about his 3 1/2 games in 2020 and what he did and didn't do. Who cares?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
1. The Cowboys in 2021 was last year. That was a different roster. So that means nothing to the current roster.

2. PPG? Who cares? We're scoring enough points to be ahead of the other team when it's over. When/if we lose in a shoot out with Rush at QB then we'll talk.

3. You're comparing the wins with Rush to the loses with Dak? Of course they are going to be different. Why didn't you use the PPG allowed in 2021 wins? It seems you cherry picked this one big time. Come on now.

4. 2020, the mythological Dak season that wasn't. I'm so over hearing about his 3 1/2 games in 2020 and what he did and didn't do. Who cares?

Also missing is the turnover differential through 4 games.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand the intent behind these posts. At face value, the numbers should theoretically "prove" that Dak will do better than Rush currently is.

But a lot of people here are unwilling to acknowledge that something is mentally and/or mechanically wrong with Dak.

He hasn't been nearly as effective (in general, with the exception of a couple games late in the 2021 regular season) since the Denver game last year.

And that lack of confidence/ability bled over into 2022. THAT is my main concern. He couldn't muster more than a FG against a defense that just gave up 41 points.

Does previous versions of Dak have the ability to step in and start scoring 30 ppg? Of course. But current Dak isn't THAT Dak, in my opinion.

That's not me being a hater, it's me giving my honest assessment. I WANT Dak to come in and dominate, like a lot of you say he will. But I don't think he can.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It feels to me that your options are either the high risk/high reward Dak who will go off for 400 yards and 4 TDs, but also have some clunker games that are painful to watch. Or you can roll with Rush and get the 225 yards through the air with a balanced attack and minimal mistakes.

I can see both getting you to 11 wins with this schedule, it's just different routes to get there. The big question I have is do you need to have a Dak Prescott hot streak to get this team through a playoff run, or is the team good enough that you can get by with a Cooper Rush driving the bus going up against a Green Bay in the playoffs? That is the question that I dont have a good answer for just yet.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It feels to me that your options are either the high risk/high reward Dak who will go off for 400 yards and 4 TDs, but also have some clunker games that are painful to watch. Or you can roll with Rush and get the 225 yards through the air with a balanced attack and minimal mistakes.

I can see both getting you to 11 wins with this schedule, it's just different routes to get there. The big question I have is do you need to have a Dak Prescott hot streak to get this team through a playoff run, or is the team good enough that you can get by with a Cooper Rush driving the bus going up against a Green Bay in the playoffs? That is the question that I dont have a good answer for just yet.
great post. totally agree

Even though I doubt that Dak could make a run through the playoffs, I think I'd still lean toward Dak rather than Rush.

You never know, might catch lightning in a bottle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
  • Stats for Dak & Rush
  • The Cowboys in 2021:
    • 1st in points scored
    • 2nd in passing yards
    • 3rd in passing TDs
  • Team Points per Game
    • Rush
    • Dak

Yah, but the eye test?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I understand the intent behind these posts. At face value, the numbers should theoretically "prove" that Dak will do better than Rush currently is.

But a lot of people here are unwilling to acknowledge that something is mentally and/or mechanically wrong with Dak.

He hasn't been nearly as effective (in general, with the exception of a couple games late in the 2021 regular season) since the Denver game last year.

And that lack of confidence/ability bled over into 2022. THAT is my main concern. He couldn't muster more than a FG against a defense that just gave up 41 points.

Does previous versions of Dak have the ability to step in and start scoring 30 ppg? Of course. But current Dak isn't THAT Dak, in my opinion.

That's not me being a hater, it's me giving my honest assessment. I WANT Dak to come in and dominate, like a lot of you say he will. But I don't think he can.

Oh yah, and that one game against the #2 D in the NFL proves your theory right?

Just face the facts buddy. You got it all wrong in regards to Dak and you have it wrong YET AGAIN!!

You have zero objectivity and arent man enough to admit you blew the analysis years ago.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Daks worst games have come against the toughest competition which indicates that he doesn't have the fight in him to go up against the tough opponent. Yea he's good to beat up on the Giants of the world, but put him up against a decent defense and he falls apart like a millennial who has been told to clean his room.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Rush has played 3 games in 2022 and has less turnovers than Dak had in the 3 quarters he played.

lol ok we can debate Dak'sCareer TO ratio...i think youll find its really good..if your just wanting to talk Rush and his 3 game TO ratio and what it means compared to all QB's..well your going to need to admit you think Rush is the best QB in the league, you at that point?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
great post. totally agree

Even though I doubt that Dak could make a run through the playoffs, I think I'd still lean toward Dak rather than Rush.

You never know, might catch lightning in a bottle.

"I think I would lean toward Dak" :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Why would you do that? Rush sees the field better, isnt mentally challenged, and with Cooper Rush he magically makes the run game better and more balanced. Rush has better pocket awareness AND gets the ball out quicker.

So tell me.....................what is it that Dak does better than Rush and why would you choose Dak?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
  • Stats for Dak & Rush
  • The Cowboys in 2021:
    • 1st in points scored
    • 2nd in passing yards
    • 3rd in passing TDs
  • Team Points per Game
    • Rush
    • Dak
Depends on which Dak we get back:
First 6 games of last season: elite Dak.
Last 12 games Dak very up and down.