Dak saved the season

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm usually on Dak's side, but this was a bad game. Those turnovers were all horrible.

He came through in the clutch, but we should've beaten this team comfortably by about 2 scores.
Yes, this was arguably his worst performance of the season so far but as others have said, credit him what is due, the way he ended the game was something we wouldn't usually expect him to achieve.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know . He almost gave it away but in the end he saved it.

With our upcoming schedule with Det and at SF we would have been staring at 2-4 and probably 2-5. Season over.

But 3-2 saved the season. At least for now. And you could tell by our sidelines and coaches reaction . They know how tough it would have been.

3-3 will be much easier to swallow at the bye. And even 3-4 keeps you in WC hunt. I’m telling ya Cowboy fans. Tonight’s win saved the season. And we couldn’t have pulled it out without him.

Bash him all you want. He may cost us games and playoffs, etc but Tonight he saved the season.

Good night Cowboy fans. Enjoy the win!!
You misspelled Defense.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Gotta give credit where it's due. He saved that game. Clutch performance when it was needed.

If it's a win in the end then you gotta put it into that corner. Just like the late stats padding against the Ravens just wasn't enough. But this time he took 'er home and scored. End of story.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I know . He almost gave it away but in the end he saved it.

With our upcoming schedule with Det and at SF we would have been staring at 2-4 and probably 2-5. Season over.

But 3-2 saved the season. At least for now. And you could tell by our sidelines and coaches reaction . They know how tough it would have been.

3-3 will be much easier to swallow at the bye. And even 3-4 keeps you in WC hunt. I’m telling ya Cowboy fans. Tonight’s win saved the season. And we couldn’t have pulled it out without him.

Bash him all you want. He may cost us games and playoffs, etc but Tonight he saved the season.

Good night Cowboy fans. Enjoy the win!!

Tolbert in tight coverage made a really nice catch . And a time out was called right before that play or Tolbert was headed out he was dinged . The time out allowed him to get it together go back in . MM gets bashed for clock management , this was a good use of time outs . The defense played hard played well it wasn’t all Dak it was a collective effort

RonWashington

Reaction score
Three turnovers at QB kept Pittsburgh alive . That Arthur Smith offense Tomlins running looks like a 1950’s NFL films archive .

:espn:

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Dowdle may have been the reason for this win. Our running game actually helped our Offense last night. The steelers defense had to account for it, which changed things on several passes.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
There is no season. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The 3 wins this year feel like the stretch of games where Rush went 6-1. The offense doesn’t do much and just rides the defense to a W. But with all the money and focus we have put on offense we are going to need better. Can’t play that way and beat dynamic teams.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Give the guy some credit. Legit credit yes he made some bad plays trying to make a play. At the end he had the composure to pull it out. Regardless of what fans think u hear it from opposing players and his team all the time when they talk about him. He’s a great leader, he forgets about mistakes and goes on with the game. And the guy doesn’t blink. Hate him or love him you can’t deny the fact that he’s never gonna give up.

He lost guyton and Martin. Was without cooks, has zero running game and ferg isn’t right. This is a big thing because the Steelers have been playing games the way the cowboys were playing in 2016. Mistake free taking what teams give and eating up the clock. Nobody gave them a chance. Defense was huge. This type of win only helps this team. Showing themselves that they can still get it done. Showing Micah that they can win without him. Al Harris is coaching out of his mind. Throwing they’re literally on their 7th cb and having him start. Enjoy this win because nobody gave them a chance. Not even JG he picked the Steelers to win too.

I don’t think they’re going to the Super Bowl but they are entertaining. They’ve had one of the hardest if not the hardest opening schedule in the nfl. And it’s not any easier the next 2 weeks
Good post!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kudos to Dak for overcoming all of his turnovers and getting the W. Seriously, it was a tough defense and he pulled it out on the last drive.

More kudos to the defense for keeping this game within reach after dealing with 3 turnovers from the offense.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak was great on that last drive. The play-call for the winning score on 4th down was brilliant. None of it is likely if Guyton doesn't get replaced at LT by Smith.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yes. Dak saved the season. Not the running game. Not the defense. Dak all by himself saved the season.

You guys (and girl) just have to take it to the extreme whenever you get the opportunity. and that's when the fight started.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He tried to give the game away. The defense came to his rescue time and time again. However, you can't make stops all the time. If Allen would have stayed in at QB, the game could have been far different. However if Dak did not screw up for those 3 times, that could have made a big difference in our favor.

Dak did come through at the end. And I will take it. But to save the season, not so sure. A long way to go. But this win sure does help. However, I am not going into the Detroit game thinking things are fixed. Far from it.
Like I said in OP…saved the season for now .

Last edited:

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I don't remember Dak ever winning a game like this. Nothing is springing to mind. Needed a game winning TD in the last few minutes and got it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think we can beat the Niners. We're 3-0 on the road and 0-2 at home.

Niners are not so good and they're battered. If Parsons is back I can see us beating them.

I expect we'll lose to Detroit tho. Their offense is toying with people even tho it's the sorry Seahawks defense they beat.
**** like this is why people don't care for dak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes. Dak saved the season. Not the running game. Not the defense. Dak all by himself saved the season.

You guys (and girl) just have to take it to the extreme whenever you get the opportunity. and that's when the fight started.
Bahahahahaha