Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

GORICO

Reaction score
I think Collins will be the least of our concerns. Steele at left tackle on the same side as Conner Williams is the concern though I have to have faith in the coaching decisions made by this team.

rocy----exactly....Williams had Smith to help him....left side is weak now....Steele, Williams, biadasz.....McGovern played great at RG when all-pro Martin was out first game against Bucs.....i have to trust that

coaches know a lot more than me....but our center and left side seems weak with this lineup?

blueblood70

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cowboys QB Dak Prescott said Terence Steele is playing left tackle and Lael Collins is playing right tackle on Sunday <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DallasCowboys?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#DallasCowboys</a></p>&mdash; Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) <a href="">November 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

thats weird i would have left Steele at rt and put LC at left. one less position switch..hes left handed should be good test and easier transition as the LT of the future..

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Collins will be the least of our concerns. Steele at left tackle on the same side as Conner Williams is the concern though I have to have faith in the coaching decisions made by this team.
yup thats why i would have left Steele at right and see what LC could do left..

GORICO

Reaction score
Wow! Their faith in Steele is at an all-time high!
:omg:

stash--- the date at bottom of your page ...Dec 22, 2019 worst loss in cowboy history....was that the game against Sheagles in which Dak had shoulder joint issue and many of us wanted Rush to play that game?

forget but score something like 17-9?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Out of nowhere I have full faith that the staff has got this right.

Steele was moved off of LT in college if I'm not mistaken but it's clear that he is a much different player than he was even a year ago.

He looks like an NFL tackle instead of an extra in a football movie.

That all said our man is protecting the blindside of our entire season. I'd plan on sprinkling in a bit of Sprinkle on that side just in case.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But we all knew LC wasn't being punished and would get his job back..he simply a better player..they wanted the rust mental and physicals broken bit before throwing him back out there

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly my concern. I've been impressed with Steele at RT, but there are plenty of examples of him getting a little help from Martin.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Out of nowhere I have full faith that the staff has got this right.

Steele was moved off of LT in college if I'm not mistaken but it's clear that he is a much different player than he was even a year ago.

He looks like an NFL tackle instead of an extra in a football movie.

That all said our man is protecting the blindside of our entire season. I'd plan on sprinkling in a bit of Sprinkle on that side just in case.

Same..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stash--- the date at bottom of your page ...Dec 22, 2019 worst loss in cowboy history....was that the game against Sheagles in which Dak had shoulder joint issue and many of us wanted Rush to play that game?

forget but score something like 17-9?

That's the one. It is in direct reference to being the final nail in Jason Garrett's coffin. The straw that finally broke the camel's (Jerry) back and convinced this organization (however reluctantly) that a change was needed. Winning despite losing.

John813

Reaction score
So does that mean Steele goes back to the bench in a few weeks when smith is healthy?

That's my first thought as well. This will be Steeles first attempt at LT too, right?

It was Knight and Erving at LT last year after Smith shut it down

Hoods

Reaction score
Not really. He is the starting right tackle.

So much for continuity.

Nsheke is really the swing but either way, I'm happy they aren't playing him over either of the other two.
He is the starting right tackle because as the swing tackle, he stepped in for Lael while he was suspended. This is well reported.