Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

manster4ever

Reaction score
dont think i am only one but Collins played LT in college and had to relearn how to play RT.....he is natural at left tackle....i know coaches know more than us but dont understand why Collins is not playing LT?

I mean.....I agree with you BUT in terms of what might be going on, it's possible they don't have quite enough confidence in Collins at LT because he's been off for 5 of the last 6 weeks. Might not be up to it THIS week. Stay tuned I guess.

Carson

Reaction score
That's my first thought as well. This will be Steeles first attempt at LT too, right?

It was Knight and Erving at LT last year after Smith shut it down
He played left tackle at Tech his freshman season

If you told me in the preseason that they would put Steele at LT with Collins available, I would demand you take a drug test asap. But I am done doubting what Steele is capable of.

It’s the long term move. Collins gets his job back meanwhile Steele gets meaningful reps at LT while smith misses a few weeks

Plankton

Reaction score
Two surprises for me:
  1. The decision has been made this early
  2. The announcement came from the quarterback

hi-res-b304ee83552dc81b39428db613247df2_crop_north.jpg

Ummm.....Dak......~lip smack~....a word, please? You know I love you, but remember - I and only I get to announce what the lineup changes are, you with me?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Collins feels he is natural on the left side but i still dont think the coaches trust him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak also mentioned that his left calf is fully healed and his ready to go.

Oh wait, he meant to say right calf.....

Right now he's not sure if it's left or the right.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This has to mean that Tyron is going to miss some time or they think Collins is a better right tackle and can’t play left tackle. The plot thickens. We at least Ty won’t be starting.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I hope Steele nails down the LT position.. Tyron is breaking down.. It'll keep Dallas from using a Premium pick on a new LT..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fisher, who many are saying how horrible he is, was saying this ws the word coming out of Dallas on Monday. He questioned it himself. He was saying how good Steele was playing on the right side, wouldnt it make sense to just put Collins at left tackle and call it a day? BUT, who is the more valuable player with a right handed QB? The left tackle.... which is exactly why they are moving Steele. They are still telling Collins VERY LOUDLY that the Cowboys will move on with Steele based upon his play, but more importantly the fact they can count on Steele being an adult. Thats what this is about.... message being sent to Collins to grow up.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
dont think i am only one but Collins played LT in college and had to relearn how to play RT.....he is natural at left tackle....i know coaches know more than us but dont understand why Collins is not playing LT?
message being sent to the child Collins.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fisher, who many are saying how horrible he is, was saying this ws the word coming out of Dallas on Monday. He questioned it himself. He was saying how good Steele was playing on the right side, wouldnt it make sense to just put Collins at left tackle and call it a day? BUT, who is the more valuable player with a right handed QB? The left tackle.... which is exactly why they are moving Steele. They are still telling Collins VERY LOUDLY that the Cowboys will move on with Steele based upon his play, but more importantly the fact they can count on Steele being an adult. Thats what this is about.... message being sent to Collins to grow up.
I'm willing to bet these thoughts never once crossed the coaching staff's minds when making this decision.