Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is the starting right tackle because as the swing tackle, he stepped in for Lael while he was suspended. This is well reported.
Correct but they subsequently named him the starting RT when Collins returned.

Semantics. All good

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet these thoughts never once crossed the coaching staff's minds when making this decision.
really??? so you thik a guy that was given a 50 million dollar contract is being sat on the bench because they dont think he is one of their best 5 olineman?
You cant say he isnt healthy, they lined him up at fullback last week and ran a few plays.
Collins even said this week he is a natural on the left side... so if he says hey, im good on the left, im actually better over there, that they would then grab Steele, who is just getting comfortable at RT and move him to LT?

The Cowboys want Collins on the team, but they cant continue to have a child costing the team with his getting into trouble over stupid stuff. Fish reported last week that the Cowboys brass is not happy with him... and not over on field things.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bingo........they have an advantage NO fan has.......lol

Yep. Sucks for some to hear but it is what it is lol.

yup thats why i would have left Steele at right and see what LC could do left..
I would've too. But this staff......I don't know if its a matter of them wanting players to play where they want or what. But one thing that's become predictable is that the offensive linemen aren't going to change spots. Conner is going to stick to playing guard.....Biadiz is going to stick to starting center...Martin will be the right guard.....they don't seem to be interested in shuffling the line or getting the best 5 linemen out there.

rocy----exactly....Williams had Smith to help him....left side is weak now....Steele, Williams, biadasz.....McGovern played great at RG when all-pro Martin was out first game against Bucs.....i have to trust that

coaches know a lot more than me....but our center and left side seems weak with this lineup?
I'm right there with you. Its a huge concern to me. Maybe they feel like it will always be a concern but man.....and I'm just a fan but on the outside looking in its looking like they've made the left side weak and inexperienced. To me the most logical thing would've been to put Collins over there.

Do you think it's gone that far with Smith? They seem to have incredible patience with him, given how good and cheap he is when healthy.
Oh I think Tyron retires in Dallas. Whenever he wants to its up to him. But it would not shock me at all that if this team looked at a tackle in next years draft especially in round 1. I think if Steele can play that position that would shore some things up for them.

Exactly my concern. I've been impressed with Steele at RT, but there are plenty of examples of him getting a little help from Martin.
Yep the staff has made sure Steele has looked good. I don't know wha they plan on doing on that left side I guess a lot of tight end help?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Sucks for some to hear but it is what it is lol.

I would've too. But this staff......I don't know if its a matter of them wanting players to play where they want or what. But one thing that's become predictable is that the offensive linemen aren't going to change spots. Conner is going to stick to playing guard.....Biadiz is going to stick to starting center...Martin will be the right guard.....they don't seem to be interested in shuffling the line or getting the best 5 linemen out there.

I'm right there with you. Its a huge concern to me. Maybe they feel like it will always be a concern but man.....and I'm just a fan but on the outside looking in its looking like they've made the left side weak and inexperienced. To me the most logical thing would've been to put Collins over there.

Oh I think Tyron retires in Dallas. Whenever he wants to its up to him. But it would not shock me at all that if this team looked at a tackle in next years draft especially in round 1. I think if Steele can play that position that would shore some things up for them.

Yep the staff has made sure Steele has looked good. I don't know wha they plan on doing on that left side I guess a lot of tight end help?

Put me down for defense with next year’s 1st rounder - pass rusher or linebacker.

I think the team still needs to find out what (if anything) they have in Josh Ball and Mitch Hyatt (still around last I checked).

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
really??? so you thik a guy that was given a 50 million dollar contract is being sat on the bench because they dont think he is one of their best 5 olineman?
You cant say he isnt healthy, they lined him up at fullback last week and ran a few plays.
Collins even said this week he is a natural on the left side... so if he says hey, im good on the left, im actually better over there, that they would then grab Steele, who is just getting comfortable at RT and move him to LT?

The Cowboys want Collins on the team, but they cant continue to have a child costing the team with his getting into trouble over stupid stuff. Fish reported last week that the Cowboys brass is not happy with him... and not over on field things.
Yes, really. They did not make the decision to start him at RT instead of starting him at LT to "send him a message," they did it because they think that's the strongest configuration of the OL, at least for this game.

You know, they're right there in the facility with him, if they want to "send him a message," they can just talk to him. Which I'm sure they have. Because the coaches are grown-ups, not middle-schoolers. I'm quite sure they're not sitting there thinking, "Man, it's really important that we let Collins know right now that we're replacing him next year. I wish there was some way that we could communicate that to him. I know! If we play him at RT (where he's played most of his NFL career) vs. LT (which he's never played in the NFL), he's sure to get the message!"

Last edited:

elcowboi

Reaction score
I think with the LT spot being Dak's blindside has a lot to do with it. Collins hasn't played in a while. Steele has had reps at LT from last year and training camp this year. I would much rather have Steele who is not coming in cold covering the left side. We don't know yet which Collins is going to show up on Sunday.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two surprises for me:
  1. The decision has been made this early
  2. The announcement came from the quarterback
I think they had to make an early decision to allow for proper preparation. As for coming from Dak, I don't know if that really qualifies at an announcement from the team, but it appears he did beat the team to the punch.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Why not just put Collins at LT?

Because they plan on La’el resuming his starting role at RT and Steele to be the swing tackle

This ain’t hard folks, it’s just that so many of you have convinced yourselves that Steele was better than Collins for no reason whatsoever.

TWOK11

Reaction score
And somehow there will be people in this thread who believe Steele will go back to RT when Tyron is healthy.

Collins losing his spot to Steele permanently might be the most unjustified widespread Cowboy fan belief ever.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Great move. Collins has had a few weeks of practice and hopefully will be ready to start bull dozing people again. I like that Steele took a ton of reps as the swing tackle and this off season was focused on footwork and power from both sides. My concern has been Tyron remaining healthy and having a plan in place in case he misses a few games and this was a point of emphasis this off season. Collins missing a few games may have been a blessing with Steele getting live game action and producing at a high level.

At the end of the day, I want Dak upright. Perfect opponent this week for a line change.

Go Dallas!!!
:clap:

And somehow there will be people in this thread who believe Steele will go back to RT when Tyron is healthy.

Collins losing his spot to Steele permanently might be the most unjustified widespread Cowboy fan belief ever.

I just want the best 5 to start, which will allow the Boys to win.

Last edited: