Dak second to only Rodgers in 100+ QBR/games played

erod

Reaction score
Here's the problem.

Against Minnesota: 12-for-18, 139 yards, 1 TD, 108.3 rating

To an elite QB, that's known as a first half, not an entire game. Dak failed to break 200 yards passing eight times last year alone. That's just weird.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here's the problem.

To an elite QB, that's known as a first half, not an entire game. Dak failed to break 200 yards passing eight times last year alone. That's just weird.

Yeah everyone. Here is the problem. A rookie QB put up mediocre stats against one of the best defenses in the league..... any rookie who can’t light up one of the best defenses in the league, surely will never be a good QB in the league.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Which was just one fewer than Wentz had in 2017 and he was being touted as MVP and two more than Wentz had in 2016 when the talent around him was not as good. Funny how that excuse is okay for Wentz, but means Dak can't carry a team.

I don't think Wentz 102 passer rating needs any excuses compared to Daks 86 but go on .... By the way, I never talk about Wentz! and never brought him up!

817Gill

Reaction score
Sure, Prescott had 11 of his 100+ passer rating games in 2016 and “just” five in 2017

Again, if anyone wants to argue that he did not regress in 2017 then please do so! I know you have a lot who say he dinked and dunked in 2016 and I am not one of them. But the fact of the matter is that defenses figured out what he did best and took it away an he struggled and he needs to adjust to have a good 2018. Not saying he cant, but he was not good the second half of the year, period and could not make plays on a regular basis to sustain drives!!
Guess what else happened in the second half of the season. No Zeke and no pass protection. I wonder if that factored into his decline? Probably not though, second year QBs are supposed to make play after play with pressure in their face to receivers who struggle to beat 1v1. 14 sacks in the three games immediately following Zeke and Ty's departure sounds like the coaches made all the adjustments they could and Dak still couldn't find a way to get the ball to a guy who can't catch with his hands and another guy who can only run 2 routes. When defenses adapted to Dak's strengths it should've been on him to make a new game plan and adjust for these changes, not the coaches. He should throw for 400 yards and no picks every game regardless of his O-line play and lack of adequate WR play. But if the O-line is playing well and receivers get open, it's because he had all day to throw dink and dunk passes to wide open guys. I'm with the Dak haters now, they are too logical in their evaluation of Dak to argue with.

**A whole lot of sarcasm for those who don't catch it. Just like every other non-top 5 qb, the guy needs players around him. How did Derek Carr play in 2016 vs 2017? Well his O-line played worse, his rushing attack wasn't the same, and other than a handful of games Cooper and Crabtree were spotty at best. But he throws the ball a little prettier and he looks a little different than Dak so his "regression" isn't attributed to him but to the o-line, receivers, poor D, and bad coaching. When teams as a whole get worse typically the QB plays worse too unless they are Brady/Rodgers/Brees. Looks like the Raiders regressed as a whole from 2016 to 2017, but for some reason fans aren't calling for a new QB in the bay. Go figure.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Sure, Prescott had 11 of his 100+ passer rating games in 2016 and “just” five in 2017

Again, if anyone wants to argue that he did not regress in 2017 then please do so! I know you have a lot who say he dinked and dunked in 2016 and I am not one of them. But the fact of the matter is that defenses figured out what he did best and took it away an he struggled and he needs to adjust to have a good 2018. Not saying he cant, but he was not good the second half of the year, period and could not make plays on a regular basis to sustain drives!!

That is why averages hold up for 2 years when you have 1 good year and one not so good year but if he has another year in 2018 like the on he had in 2017 you won't see any more articles like the one posted in this thread. However, if Dak steps up his game again this season and has a much improved season then nobody will be able to argue what we have in Dak as a QB. This 3rd season is the season we all get to find out what we have in Dak

Ken

Reaction score
Here's the problem.

Aikman did it 7 times including the playoffs in 1994. Also, Aikman in his career has a million games under 200 ypg and a bunch just barely over.

The byproduct of being in a run first offense.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Guess what else happened in the second half of the season. No Zeke and no pass protection. I wonder if that factored into his decline? Probably not though, second year QBs are supposed to make play after play with pressure in their face to receivers who struggle to beat 1v1. 14 sacks in the three games immediately following Zeke and Ty's departure sounds like the coaches made all the adjustments they could and Dak still couldn't find a way to get the ball to a guy who can't catch with his hands and another guy who can only run 2 routes. When defenses adapted to Dak's strengths it should've been on him to make a new game plan and adjust for these changes, not the coaches. He should throw for 400 yards and no picks every game regardless of his O-line play and lack of adequate WR play. But if the O-line is playing well and receivers get open, it's because he had all day to throw dink and dunk passes to wide open guys. I'm with the Dak haters now, they are too logical in their evaluation of Dak to argue with.

**A whole lot of sarcasm for those who don't catch it. Just like every other non-top 5 qb, the guy needs players around him. How did Derek Carr play in 2016 vs 2017? Well his O-line played worse, his rushing attack wasn't the same, and other than a handful of games Cooper and Crabtree were spotty at best. But he throws the ball a little prettier and he looks a little different than Dak so his "regression" isn't attributed to him but to the o-line, receivers, poor D, and bad coaching. When teams as a whole get worse typically the QB plays worse too unless they are Brady/Rodgers/Brees. Looks like the Raiders regressed as a whole from 2016 to 2017, but for some reason fans aren't calling for a new QB in the bay. Go figure.

Why does the qb gets this excuse for declining stats but the guys catching his passes don't?

zerofill

Reaction score
Dak was good in 2016, not very good in 2017
Wentz was good in 2017, not very good in 2016

Wentz played 14 games in 2017
Dak played all 16

blah blah...

Not sure Wentz is their franchise QB, anymore then I am sure Dak is ours.

There is no comparison to Rodgers though... that is pretty much laughable in every way possible.
Rodgers only played 6 games in reality last season. Since he only threw 4 times before he was taken out in the Vikings game
last season. The last game he played he sucked, after coming back from injury, which isn't that unexpected.

Personally I can't stand Rodgers...

But, most QBs in the NFL couldn't hold his jock strap, let alone comparing Dak to him.

Another reason stats suck for comparing players. If there is any person that would rather have Dak as the QB over Rodgers
for us, they have to put down the pipe, or seek medical attention quickly, because something is wrong.

I mean heck I liked Romo, and Romo would have been sitting on the sidelines watching Rodgers play as well...

There are some players, you just can't compare other players to. No matter what stats tell you, it still is laughable.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The problem I have with Dak is that he went into the tank the second half of the season. Yes there were problems, the OL lost Smith for a few games, no zeke, etc but that is precisely when you want your Franchise QB to step up his game, not curl up and cry like a little girl, which is what Dak did. You guys can throw out all the stats and 2nd year nonsense you want.. But until Dak can elevate his game when it matters and the team can rely on him to be a good QB regardless of the situation, then he is nothing more than a bus driver that needs people around him to be great for him to be successful. In the last 8 games, he had one good game, against a Giants team that was in shambles and had quit. QB ratings of 30.4 vs philly(the first game when it really mattered), 60.6 against the chargers, 59.5 against the raiders, 51.2 against Seattle, with a decent game of 93.4 against Washington and 85.3 against the 3 stringers in philly the second game. That may be some of ya'lls definition of a franchise QB, it's not mine. I think the team realizes he is not the most talented QB and they have committed to providing him the team around him he needs to be successful.

I think they realize that less is more with Dak, just ask him to hand off and make quick easy throws on 3rd downs to convert. And occasionally run the ball. He can be effective in an offense that doesn't require the QB to do to much, which is what the team is building around him. Anyone expecting this guy to be on the same level of talent as a Wentz, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc are just fooling themselves. He doesn't have that type of talent, but that doesn't mean he can't be successful, just have to realize what we have and plan accordingly.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I have been told here, many times, that the QB is responsible for the offense and the defenses success - in playoffs too!!
:rolleyes: fer' a fellow forum member of 14 years around here?,,,& still flying that 'el-creepo' ROWDY foam entity unit as yer' projected casing-liner,,,I wouldn't BE SURPRISED if they just got tired of coming up with any ol' trivial jettisoned ejaculate that's been tossed yer' wayo_O
*friend:thumbup:*

**:lmao::lmao2::lmao:**

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...there are Romo fan boyz in the house....keep it low down, close to the breast!!

I hate that there seems to be this urge to divide fans into Dak v. Romo groups. Especially when the two QBs themselves actually tried so hard to not let that happen.

I believe the vast, vast majority of us like both guys and pretty much have from the get-go. I mean, what self-respecting Cowboys fan wouldn't consider himself a Romo fanboy? He was an awesome player for us for a long time, and you can believe that without it taking anything away from Dak.

DiResta

Reaction score
Rodgers once got a 100 qbr when his oline failed to show and Mike McCarthy / Ben Mcadoo were the starting receivers

Garrett later commented on Aaron Rodgers near perfect showing 'we let that one get away from us'

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Cool post,bro!
&
I was almost @That,,,
[*:bow:* nowo_O] rarity, but man alive
!!! You had to put the 'boots' to #83 in yer' diatribe & that ain't deemed of a worthy qualifiero_O