Dak second to only Rodgers in 100+ QBR/games played

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It was clearly his best play from a statistical standpoint.

Last time, any argument made that removes a persons best play to evaluate their overall statistics, is stupid.

All of a sudden we are penalizing the QB because a receiver managed to get wide open...... Stupid.

"From a statistical standpoint."

So you agree the stats are misleading?

And again, nobody is penalizing him. Stop with that nonsense.

817Gill

Reaction score
How did Wentz play when his starting LT went down for the season, His starting RB as well. I wonder how his stats looked???????
His back up LT actually ended up with a better PFF than the starter. Darren Sproles is a 30-something year old 3rd down back, his injury left the team needing to fill a small pass catching change of pace role which they did with cory clement. They also had LaGarret B and traded for Jay Ajayi. The team made sure the 'next man up' was a capable if not pro-bowl level player. We replaced our guys with a dude who gave up 6 sacks to a DT playing out of position and a back who played well but did not threaten defenses anywhere close to how Zeke does. QB's don't get better when their offense gets worse it doesn't make sense.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Comprehension is our friend.
2017 Dak 5 100+ games, Wentz 6
2016 Wentz who got the surrounding talent excuse had 3 games of 100+ and had a 79.3 QBR.

Wentz - since you brought him up - 10 out of 13 games over 90.

Dak - 8-16 games over 90!

InTheZone

Reaction score
Curious, what has Dak done lately? Rg3 did great his rookie year as well...

A great oline yet managed to make everyone around him look worse than they are.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Of course not ....... :rolleyes:

So Dak is injury prone now? What a stupid comparison.

Not a stupid comparison. RGII had 2 years before injury and his play dropped significantly in yr 2 when NFL figured him out- very accurate comparison. Yrs 3- whatever the NFL found out he could not play the position!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MorrAl00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrifRo01.htm

Eeerily similar situations other than the fact that RGII was a real running QB which Dak is not

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looking forward to Dak having a great year.

fwiw, this thread doesn't really tell anyone anything new.
It shows a great, rookie RG3 like, 2016 combined with a less stellar 2017.
The 50% number drops to 25% if we take the most recent 16 game data.
Rookie seasons can be very misleading, but last year had some odd things happen to the negative, so maybe that too was misleading.

We are all waiting for 2018
I think/hope he'll be just fine....somewhere in between 2016 and 2017.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Once again comprehension is our friend. A point was made. It was very clear. It flew past you not once, but twice.
The point about a 100 QBR rating - is that what you are talking about? - some arbitrary number that makes your point? Because the arbitrary number I picked makes mine!

dfense

Reaction score
Threw a TD in OT, has 9 game winning drives. His passing set up Elliott's game winning run against Pittsburgh. Seems that there is always some BS that has to get thrown out there for him to prove himself. Not buying the I hope he does crap either, especially after the Dak and his legion comment. That legion is Cowboys' fans and if you need converted....
His passing set up Zeke's run. I like that. Go Dak!

pansophy

Reaction score
All you're looking to do is add things that aren't equal to start out with. First this article is about career 100 plus passer rated games percentages not some made up criteria that you want that is weighted against Prescott. Like bringing up the peckers whatever last season when Rodgers only played 7, actually 6 and 1/2 games. Second in the 2 seasons Prescott been in Dallas, the Cowboys have run a ball control run first offense that uses up clock and tends to have lower scoring games so your idea of basing things off offensive points scored is ridiculous when some teams are heavy pass first teams and the Cowboys are a run first team. The long and the short of it is your bias against Prescott came through with feeble made up criteria that isn't sound.
Saying that Prescott has the 2nd most 100+ games while in a run heavy offense the last two years and then using that as a case to say that Prescott is comparable to guys like Brady and Rodgers are the ones searching for data to support their bias.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, passer rating <> QBR. Two completely different stats.

Second, why would you only look at games that passed some arbitrary cutoff, and only at one end of the spectrum? Dak had five games with a passer rating >100 last year...and three games with a passer rating <60. Rodgers has had three games with a passer rating <60 in his last 117 games.

By passer rating, Wentz's worst game last season was better than seven(!) of Dak's games.

I'm a Dak optimist. But finding one made-up stat with arbitrary cutoffs that makes him look comparable to Rodgers, or Wentz, or Brady, and then acting like that means anything is just silly.

On the flip side of this, remember that passer rating doesn't account for rushing, where Dak has been much more productive than any of the other guys, particular in scoring TDs. All the more reason to look at the whole package instead of trying to find one sliced-up number to make your case for you. If you're going to use one number, at least use one that tries to capture everything, like FO's DYAR or DVOA, while understanding that those aren't perfect either.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Being a receiver requires the ability to do two things. Get open and catch a ball. Our receivers had issues doing both last year. It would be false to say the receivers were open and Dak missed them consistently, yes Dak wasn't perfect but Terrance Williams was 24th in the league in separation while Dez was 89th, he also tied the league lead for drops. Looking at the tape you can see why the FO released Dez and the league has shunned him. You can see why they brought in 5 new receivers. The Cowboys season turned week 10 against the Falcons. In that game and the two after it (Philly/Chargers), the offensive line was under league average in most pass blocking metrics. Without pass blocking or receivers who separate, what the hell is he supposed to do? Insert any middle tier NFL QB and they'll lose as well. Only the top 5/6 elite NFL quarterbacks win despite all those issues. Dak isn't that but he isn't a JAG either. Colin Cowherds tier video pretty much sums it up.

I watch cowherd but he works off agendas, for instance to prove that LeBron is the GOAT he tears down or diminishes Jordans, Kobe's, Durant's accomplishments to lift the players he likes. Cowherd hates Dez so he has to tear down Dez and lift up Dak the same as he did for Lebron. He uses this tactic to try to sway people to his side and to some it works.

You start with the opinion that Dak is good and we just need the online to do their job and the wr to do their job and he'll be in the mvp discussion.

I start with the fact that Beasley, Witt, Twill, and Dez did not all fall off at once so the QB play must have fell last year. When QB play falls, for what ever reason, then wr play falls that just how it works. You can't make excuses for Dak that don't also go for the receivers. Take the Atlanta game, should we have had a 100 yard receiving game from any wr or te?

If I told you my kitchen sink was having trouble draining, you'd probably tell me to try to unplug that sink and that should solve the problem. What if I told you that all the sinks in my house were having trouble draining, then you tell me to check the main drain because if none of them will drain then the problem lies with what they have in common.

In 2017 Dak was the main drain.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Sure, Prescott had 11 of his 100+ passer rating games in 2016 and “just” five in 2017

Again, if anyone wants to argue that he did not regress in 2017 then please do so! I know you have a lot who say he dinked and dunked in 2016 and I am not one of them. But the fact of the matter is that defenses figured out what he did best and took it away an he struggled and he needs to adjust to have a good 2018. Not saying he cant, but he was not good the second half of the year, period and could not make plays on a regular basis to sustain drives!!
This is what is relevant.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
A 100 rating means nothing anymore?

Sure sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

The Vikings game couldn’t have been a game Dak played well and executed the game plan, but the game plan was to run the ball a lot and kill the clock? And to play ball control offense?

Nah that couldn’t be it.
And most importantly. He lead them to a WIN!!!!