Twitter: Dak served lunch at homeless shelter last week in Miami

cern

Reaction score
Dak, his brothers and Agent took a big risk.

Surviving the season and the firing of Garrett gave Dak's team maximum leverage.

Now they are showing Dak's portability. Dak is increasing his free agent value by being a NFL and Sponsor Ambassador.

Give Dak record setting deal now....it won't be top 10 in 2 seasons and smart teams can build around elite QB contracts....see 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys (Romo era) and Wentz
can't argue that. while not perfect, he's a very good qb, more than good enough to get us to the big dance with good coaching.

Qcard

Reaction score
Not bashing Dak, but is everyone seriously lacking the common sense to put two and two together. He serves food to homeless people and Campbell’s donates 100,000 cans of soup? This was nothing more than a Campbell’s commercial starring one of their spokesmen packaged as a news story. Don’t be surprised to see footage in a future soup commercial. Again, not bashing Dak but he didn’t get up one morning and decide to go volunteer at a homeless shelter. This was obviously a carefully orchestrated event to get good PR for Dak and Campbell’s. Seriously, none of you can see that instantly?
Do you think the homeless in a soup kitchen really care about Dak's motives??

Ever been homeless and hungry?

They probably had no clue who Dak was but the soup and shelter was great be it Dak or practice squad player...

Forget the motives.. showing UP to these events is what counts

cern

Reaction score
...and with very good players around him, which is why he should take a more team friendly deal.
I wish he would, but from all appearances he's not going to take a team friendly deal. but that's just business in the nfl. can't blame him for it.

Qcard

Reaction score
...and with very good players around him, which is why he should take a more team friendly deal.
Team friendly....That is flawed logic....

History has shown that good GMs and coaching can build playoff and championship caliber teams around top QB market setting contracts.. look at 2019 season playoff contenders...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I chuckle at people who actually think Dak is going to another team.
Why, you know Jerry, you know the real master plan of this off season?
I don't know, Im not going to pretend to even cross that line yet, I want to see just how much of an influence MM has been given, if anything other than staff hire.
Dak is not under contract, there is a new coach and staff, and basically stating that Dak could not be traded is rather short sighted at this point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish he would, but from all appearances he's not going to take a team friendly deal. but that's just business in the nfl. can't blame him for it.
Maybe if we could find him a hot supermodel wife, who makes more money than any NFL player, he'd be willing to take less money.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Team friendly....That is flawed logic....

History has shown that good GMs and coaching can build playoff and championship caliber teams around top QB market setting contracts.. look at 2019 season playoff contenders...
None of them had a $40 million QB, with a slightly above average skill set.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why, you know Jerry, you know the real master plan of this off season?
I don't know, Im not going to pretend to even cross that line yet, I want to see just how much of an influence MM has been given, if anything other than staff hire.
Dak is not under contract, there is a new coach and staff, and basically stating that Dak could not be traded is rather short sighted at this point.
True, but it does seem very unlikely, especially after reading that Big Mac likes him, and knowing the Joneses love him.

cern

Reaction score
Stephen won't let dak get away. he understands the difficulty in getting a good qb.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
True, but it does seem very unlikely, especially after reading that Big Mac likes him, and knowing the Joneses love him.
Unlikely.. true
Unbelievable.. no way
Since when do you believe anything that comes out of the FO at this point in the off season.
Every option is fair game at this point from fan perspective, especially with unsigned critical contracts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unlikely.. true
Unbelievable.. no way
Since when do you believe anything that comes out of the FO at this point in the off season.
Every option is fair game at this point from fan perspective, especially with unsigned critical contracts.
I agree, it's not inconceivable (and yes, that word means exactly what I think it means) that something out of left field happens.

Qcard

Reaction score
None of them had a $40 million QB, with a slightly above average skill set.
No kidding Sherlock because at the time the NFL caps, position salary percentages didn't warrant $40M QB pay...but last time I checked this is 2020...

Therefore the market value for QBs resets with the Salary Cap and player raises.... simple logic.

Simple football logic dictates that Dak deserves $35M-$40M

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No kidding Sherlock because at the time the NFL caps, position salary percentages didn't warrant $40M QB pay...but last time I checked this is 2020...

Therefore the market value for QBs resets with the Salary Cap and player raises.... simple logic.

Simple football logic dictates that Dak deserves $35M-$40M
Okay, so you're one of those, "This guy has a different opinion than me, so I'll just throw insults to show that my opinion in right." people.

2019 was last year, and the market value hasn't changed that much...unless the team foolishly pays Dak $35 - $40 million. It's not "simple football logic" that Dak deserves that kind of money. If that were the case, there wouldn't be any debate about how much he should get, much less the heated arguments and name calling we see here. Dak needs an exceptional team around him to be successful, regardless of who's coaching, and those players need to be paid too.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He was just joking, Joe King.
Yes, he was trying to make a joke but he was conflating his endorsement dollars with his potential NFL salary. Those two thinks are different pots of money. So how is that funny?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, he was trying to make a joke but he was conflating his endorsement dollars with his potential NFL salary. Those two thinks are different pots of money. So how is that funny?
Some people might find it funny, some won't, but it's still just meant as a joke. People make bad jokes all the time.

Qcard

Reaction score
Okay, so you're one of those, "This guy has a different opinion than me, so I'll just throw insults to show that my opinion in right." people.

2019 was last year, and the market value hasn't changed that much...unless the team foolishly pays Dak $35 - $40 million. It's not "simple football logic" that Dak deserves that kind of money. If that were the case, there wouldn't be any debate about how much he should get, much less the heated arguments and name calling we see here. Dak needs an exceptional team around him to be successful, regardless of who's coaching, and those players need to be paid too.
I apologise for insulting you. Definitely not my intention or style of insulting...I am more 4 letter words :thumbup:

You are wrong on every point...the market has changed significantly.

First, with the 2011 NFL CBA expiring at end of 2020 season, it's naive to say the market value hasn't changed much. Every NFL player Agent understands consequences of not reading the business landscape.

Secondly, Mahomes Superbowl has significantly changed the top end $$ per season. Which logically raises the value of all starting caliber QBs.

Thirdly, every Franchise QB needs talented players around them, you act like Mahomes had Tavon Austin and Blake Jarwin out there...it was Kelce and Hill in reality. They also need great coaching....

It is open season on Dak haters.. I concur.

Their arguments and opinions are flawed.