Dak should call his own plays in preseason

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Win? What exactly?
Don’t look now but this is one of only 3 teams (out if 32, since you obviously have a tough time with numbers) that hasn’t won back to back playoff games and even reached a CCG (let alone win it) in 25 years

Yeah, we’ve been winning LOL
Point on the doll where they hurt you at

visionary

Reaction score
I think he's talking about the 25 games they've won in 2 years.......
He, like you, obviously does not understand that the objective is to win a SB and to do that you have to win back to back playoff games, get in and win a CCG and win the SB.

We have done none of these things in 25 + years, 7 with this QB, 7 as a full time starter with different coaches. But of course he’s not at fault, it is the elf and the unicorn

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I hate that we try to lump 27 years into every evaluation of the current team. There has been multiple different iterations of staffs and personnel evaluators here. Yes Jerry has been a constant, but for the past 8 or so years he’s been making less and less true football moves and the draft (especially the Manziel/Martin choice) is obvious evidence.

I know it’s been annoying that it’s been so long. But the Gailey days were not the Parcell days which weren’t the Garrett days. Coaches and staffs all failed for different reasons and you cannot lump it all together.

If you take the McCarthy era and analyze that, you see a genuine chance to make a run. The roster has gotten better annually and we just had back to back double digit win seasons with a step forward in the playoffs. We have a very good roster and could very well be the 1 seed this year. Why are people acting like these last few years haven’t been a real step forward? We’ve won more than 90% of the league, why act like that’s nothing at all?

If you’re a “if we have Jerry involved we won’t ever win” person then why follow the team while he’s alive?
Very well said.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
He, like you, obviously does not understand that the objective is to win a SB and to do that you have to win back to back playoff games, get in and win a CCG and win the SB.

We have done none of these things in 25 + years, 7 with this QB, 7 as a full time starter with different coaches. But of course he’s not at fault, it is the elf and the unicorn
Go look up the definition of winning. Let me tell you it has nothing to do with super bowls.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Of course the objective is to win the SB.....but I Also understand that 5 of Dak's early years were waisted on Garrett just like Romo's years were wasted on Garrett and Wade.

So yeah its been 27 years or whatever the hell you want to regurgitate but this team hasn't been going the right direction until the last two years IMO.

But that's the first step here. The first step in understanding is being honest with yourself.

Because I get it. Its embarrassing to think at one point you thought this team should contend with Jason Garrett as coach and Jerry as GM. ITs silly to think but its not your fault. A lot of us hoped we would contend in spite of them but realistically it was never going to happen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not according to the resident pigeon fans here.
Haha right. They feel they will make it to the SB again....Hell Lions fans are optimistic about their season. Its funny these people will tell us the Lions are a threat because they won a few games last year but missed out on the playoffs. But I'm suppose to feel bad about winning 25 games in 2 years. Sorry...I can't. The 5-11 years aren't the much of a distant memory for me to forget. Neither are the 8-8's.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Win? What exactly?
Don’t look now but this is one of only 3 teams (out if 32, since you obviously have a tough time with numbers) that hasn’t won back to back playoff games and even reached a CCG (let alone win it) in 25 years

Yeah, we’ve been winning LOL
That’s not what he said. He said only on Cowboys zone do we win. I guess it was a gig on some fans.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I hate that we try to lump 27 years into every evaluation of the current team. There has been multiple different iterations of staffs and personnel evaluators here. Yes Jerry has been a constant, but for the past 8 or so years he’s been making less and less true football moves and the draft (especially the Manziel/Martin choice) is obvious evidence.

I know it’s been annoying that it’s been so long. But the Gailey days were not the Parcell days which weren’t the Garrett days. Coaches and staffs all failed for different reasons and you cannot lump it all together.

If you take the McCarthy era and analyze that, you see a genuine chance to make a run. The roster has gotten better annually and we just had back to back double digit win seasons with a step forward in the playoffs. We have a very good roster and could very well be the 1 seed this year. Why are people acting like these last few years haven’t been a real step forward? We’ve won more than 90% of the league, why act like that’s nothing at all?

If you’re a “if we have Jerry involved we won’t ever win” person then why follow the team while he’s alive?
to watch him suffer with the rest of us.

Reaction score
That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
By making him call his own plays he could actually improve.
Ha! Sneaky way of pointing out that he's already changing plays on his own all this time at the LOS.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha right. They feel they will make it to the SB again....Hell Lions fans are optimistic about their season. Its funny these people will tell us the Lions are a threat because they won a few games last year but missed out on the playoffs. But I'm suppose to feel bad about winning 25 games in 2 years. Sorry...I can't. The 5-11 years aren't the much of a distant memory for me to forget. Neither are the 8-8's.
And yet we still have the same big goose egg to show for it. Yes...12-5 was mildly more fun than 8-8 during the regular season. but 1-1/2 more games after such a SWELL super duper fantastic regular season...isn't very satisfying at all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like Dak and Romo

And I got pissed at both when they threw interceptions.

Yes, but I also don't get why it has to be a Dak vs Romo situation. They're both excellent QBs. I enjoyed watching Romo play, and I enjoy watching Dak play. We are fortunate that they've been our QBs. What we need is a few more weapons to help Dak, which I think we have now. Lamb is a top WR. I like how we got Cooks. I think Gallup should be better now that he's healthier. I like our TEs. I have questions about our RB situation. That's an area of concern for us on offense. Hopefully, the PS will give us a better idea of what we have, but I think it's suspect to say the least ATM.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And yet we still have the same big goose egg to show for it. Yes...12-5 was mildly more fun than 8-8 during the regular season. but 1-1/2 more games after such a SWELL super duper fantastic regular season...isn't very satisfying at all.
It’s not. But no one can convince me 8-8 is as good as winning 13 games or the same.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not. But no one can convince me 8-8 is as good as winning 13 games or the same.
Well first off......was I trying to convince you of that? No...so not sure why you are trying to make that point with me. I even said..."more fun"...mkay?

Not sure about you...but *my* eye is on The Prize...same as the players. I am not saying a Super Bowl is possible every single year. And of course you have to have a good regular season to get into the playoffs. (Except on occasion like the terrible bucs last year...even WORSE than 8-8!).

I don;t have any set firm number...other that a NFCC game every few years or so...and a SB appearance ever...I dunno...say every ten years or so?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well first off......was I trying to convince you of that? No...so not sure why you are trying to make that point with me. I even said..."more fun"...mkay?

Not sure about you...but *my* eye is on The Prize...same as the players. I am not saying a Super Bowl is possible every single year. And of course you have to have a good regular season to get into the playoffs. (Except on occasion like the terrible bucs last year...even WORSE than 8-8!).

I don;t have any set firm number...other that a NFCC game every few years or so...and a SB appearance ever...I dunno...say every ten years or so?
Your eye is on the prize but you can’t get the prize going 8-8.