Twitter: Dak should demand an outright release from these disloyal owners

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I guarantee you if Jerry let Dak go, the best coach in the NFL (who at the beginning of this year so rarely but eagerly gave such high praise of Dak) would get Dak to sign and help win some more Super Bowls in New England.
No he wouldnt

He wont pay Dak a ridiculous contract. Hes too smart for that

Sydla

Reaction score
No chance Dak gets tagged by any functioning front office. But if JJ does Dak will.thank his lucky stars and sign. Dak wont get 40m anywhere else, even over multiple years.

So a functioning front office would just let Dak walk then?

Yeah, I don't think that's accurate at all.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:laugh:
The defense was carrying Dalton. Dak hasn’t been playing.

It shows you Dalton's leadership abilities to bring up a defense many here were saying was historically (or hysterically) bad to being so good that they carried Dalton. Dalton a real leader ;)

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah, go sign your drastically, overhyped Wince boy!!!

I bet you would love it.

*** are you talking about? See, when you assume you just make a complete arse out of yourself as personally I say offer Dak the non-exclusive tag and then trade his dumb arse to another team, recoup the draft picks, and get Zach Wilson to take over this team so a real QB can lead the team back to greatness.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I fail to see the issue here.

They likely were looking at him in the mid to later rounds if he slipped. It would have been great value to grab him at that point. They could have drafted him in the 2nd if they didn't have faith in Dak but they didn't.

Your whining over this is kind of silly.
Might even a couple more games after Prescott got injured.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
*** are you talking about? See, when you assume you just make a complete arse out of yourself as personally I say offer Dak the non-exclusive tag and then trade his dumb arse to another team, recoup the draft picks, and get Zach Wilson to take over this team so a real QB can lead the team back to greatness.
Zach Wilson???
:lmao:

csirl

Reaction score

If we sign Dak we"re stuck with him. Niobody's paying him big money in '21. They werent before his injury and certainly wont now.

exciter

Reaction score
True...

But...why has Jerry and Stephen so eagerly paid Zeke, Cooper, Tank, Martin, La'el, Tyron and Jaylon top position overall pay, yet they have reneged on paying Dak top pay for the past 2 years? First, 2 years ago, they said $27 million/year was way too much (it would have been a bargain!!!!). Then last year they said $30 million was too much. By the beginning of this year, they said $33 million was too much. By the beginning of this past summer, the market value had moved up to $37+ million which they also reneged on. Then they settled on $35 million at the last second but the years and guaranteed portion per yearly average was off. Time ran out. Now it seems they are planning on lowballing Dak once again since Stevie Boy is already out talking about had serious interest in Hurts during this year's draft.

The Joneses have so quickly paid top overall position pay to more than a handful of other players, but not to their star QB who has done nothing but outproduce everyone else on the team.

Please explain to me how that's a fair deal compared to others on the team?
When has Dak ever said he would take 27 or 33 much less his agent. The contract he almost signed last year was closer to 38 if I remember correctly and Dak was the one who nixed it in the end. Most of those earlier contracts were to get slightly better deals and were set up to restructure so as to be able to resign Dak or tag again if not. Also just by the enormous nature of what a QB gets paid it’s not something that can be taken lightly. Zeke’s said contract was designed so they could opt out in 2022, Coopers was supposedly really a 2 year deal. Daks signing bonus and guarantees will probably be close to what the previous two actually make in bankable dollars before all is said and done. I not stressing over Daks contract, there is a lot more pressure to get something done this year than previously and that for all 3 people involved including the agent!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When has Dak ever said he would take 27 or 33 much less his agent. The contract he almost signed last year was closer to 38 if I remember correctly and Dak was the one who nixed it in the end. Most of those earlier contracts were to get slightly better deals and were set up to restructure so as to be able to resign Dak or tag again if not. Also just by the enormous nature of what a QB gets paid it’s not something that can be taken lightly. Zeke’s said contract was designed so they could opt out in 2022, Coopers was supposedly really a 2 year deal. Daks signing bonus and guarantees will probably be close to what the previous two actually make in bankable dollars before all is said and done. I not stressing over Daks contract, there is a lot more pressure to get something done this year than previously and that for all 3 people involved including the agent!
It was for $35. Dak was disgruntled with the length and amount guaranteed in average per year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

I am actually really really happy to hear Jones finally say that. Wasnt THAT way prior to MM. Garrett and Jones were always too scared to rock the boat. Cowboys should ALWAYS be nabbing great young QB's whenever they can.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

Wow, this is the first great idea you have had in a long time. I agree...make the Cowboys eat their words for going 8-8 or worse most years...and now with a Joe Theismann leg.

doomsday808

Reaction score
I downfall and short comings of this team is because the Joneses are too loyal. Loyal to the detriment and future of the team. Bad contracts and commitment to projects players and coaches has been the M.O. for years. There is nothing wrong at considering talent at any position.

conner01

Reaction score
Uh, I thought it was understood I was referring to the offseason? Jerry could tag Dak a second time and force Dak to be tied to the team once again in 2021, even if Dak refuses to sign it. If Dak refused to sign it, he still wouldn't be able to go anywhere unless Jerry outright released him.
That’s the CBS the players agreed too
He can ask for anything but if he’s tagged he will play under the tag
It’s not like the players didn’t agree to the system