Twitter: Dak should demand an outright release from these disloyal owners

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No chance Dak gets tagged by any functioning front office. But if JJ does Dak will.thank his lucky stars and sign. Dak wont get 40m anywhere else, even over multiple years.
The 2nd tag is not worth $40 million. Where are you getting this from? The 2nd tag is worth $37.7 million.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

Haha!!! Chingado, Buey!!! They were probably thinking we give Dak a contract and Hurts can be a backup with a rookie contract. Makes fiscal sense. No te aquites!

Bigdog

Reaction score
At this point, the Cowboys can just trade Dak for a 1st, send him to the AFC and draft a QB in the first 2 rounds they can groom.
Sorry but the only AFC team I would trade him to now is the Jags since they have #1 pick and they are not going to give that up with Lawrence there. He is the only qb in my opinion that is better than Dak. The other ones I don’t think are as good as Dak right now.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wow, man. I like Dak as much as any, and I'm all in on players getting whatever they can but a team would be dumb not to entertain offers or scope out alternate routes. Also, this is dumb media talk. You think they're going to say anything bad about Hurts given he might be the new guy in Philly for a while? I love how y'all say never to trust the media and then get all bent out of shape for something you trust is exactly as reported. This is why the media owns people's souls. Kneejerk = ratings. Hilarious.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Haha!!! Chingado, Buey!!! They were probably thinking we give Dak a contract and Hurts can be a backup with a rookie contract. Makes fiscal sense. No te aquites!
This was talked about before the draft to the point that I started putting Hurts in my mocks in the 2nd or 3rd.

exciter

Reaction score

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

The 2nd part is what’s relevant. Just because they had interest in Hurts doesn’t mean it was before the 5th round. Dak is level headed enough to realize this is management doing do diligence. It’s not like he’s Dez Bryant and going to run to the sidelines and cry!

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Good....kick the gimp average QB Dak to the curb and find a real QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, here's a question. Prescott is on the tag and Dalton is on a one year looking to get another shot so what's wrong with using the 2nd on a QB? Or even the 1st?

It would help if the Joneses would shut their traps about how great these players are and spend more time putting a little pressure on them to perform. Booger learned little from Johnson and Parcells, never let the players get comfortable in their positions.

When I asked Bob Lilly why he would take a shot in his back just to practice before a critical game, he said he didn't want to lose his job. Crazy huh? Bob Lilly lose his job? Now you know Landry wouldn't do that and Landry knows he wouldn't do that but he didn't want Bob to know he wouldn't.

Ya know that scene in "North Dallas Forty" where the owner's brother is talking about the draft pick that is supposedly going to take Elliott's job? That ain't fiction, that's the game.

CAR just fired their GM and that makes 3 within the season so far. That's what happens on other teams. Loyalty is nothing more than performance.
Yep

Fans get entirely too attached to certain players. In the end , the sum is what we are rooting for. Owners, coaches and players are always moving pieces but the Star remains the constant.

This is and has always been a business first.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The 2nd part is what’s relevant. Just because they had interest in Hurts doesn’t mean it was before the 5th round. Dak is level headed enough to realize this is management doing do diligence. It’s not like he’s Dez Bryant and going to run to the sidelines and cry!
True...

But...why has Jerry and Stephen so eagerly paid Zeke, Cooper, Tank, Martin, La'el, Tyron and Jaylon top position overall pay, yet they have reneged on paying Dak top pay for the past 2 years? First, 2 years ago, they said $27 million/year was way too much (it would have been a bargain!!!!). Then last year they said $30 million was too much. By the beginning of this year, they said $33 million was too much. By the beginning of this past summer, the market value had moved up to $37+ million which they also reneged on. Then they settled on $35 million at the last second but the years and guaranteed portion per yearly average was off. Time ran out. Now it seems they are planning on lowballing Dak once again since Stevie Boy is already out talking about had serious interest in Hurts during this year's draft.

The Joneses have so quickly paid top overall position pay to more than a handful of other players, but not to their star QB who has done nothing but outproduce everyone else on the team.

Please explain to me how that's a fair deal compared to others on the team?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes!

Get far away from this team as possible Dakota.
I guarantee you if Jerry let Dak go, the best coach in the NFL (who at the beginning of this year so rarely but eagerly gave such high praise of Dak) would get Dak to sign and help win some more Super Bowls in New England.