Dak should learn from Russel Wilson on deep throws

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Daks deep ball is elite. It's his short game/redzone that has him usually ranked lower than Mahomes, Rodgers, or Wilson. If his short game becomes Top 5 like his deep ball, he's in the same category as Mahomes, Rodgers, or Wilson.

passer-rating-vs-league-avg_PRE285723_2019-reg-all_1577730973926.jpeg

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dak throws as good a deep ball as Wilson. They're the Top 2 or 3 deep passers in the league along with Rodgers.

I believe the OP is talking about outright bomb throws and Wilson's mechanics in doing so. Wilson does that heads and tails above other QBs. I believe PFF considers 20 yards a deep pass. In the minds of most, it's not. In Dak's career, how many outright bombs has he thrown that you can remember? There's not a ton. Wilson has been slinging accurate deep balls almost since he entered the league. Would love to get ahold of stats that show something like the ball's yards in the air. That would be the best comparison for something like that.

Don't get me wrong. Bomb passes are like home runs in baseball. It's the sexy play but sometimes they come in handy. Look at that Buffalo-Detroit preseason game last night. A bomb got Buffalo the win with like a minute left in the game. Even in the Super Bowl Seattle lost, a bomb throw by Wilson was what even got them in position to score at the end before the Butler INT. And of course Wilson won that year's NFC Championship Game with an overtime bomb. Would be nice if you can do it consistently like he does.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Where's the knowledge of your quarterback?! Dak is the best deep ball passer in the league! Too bad he was out last season. But, he'll continue being the best in 2021. As far as the redzone. Talk to Moore. The magnificent play caller. :rolleyes:
httrtiv5us06hh6asf07

Dak Prescott
Dallas Cowboys · QB
No one was better at exceeding passing expectations on deep balls in 2019 than Prescott.
rrpzsqysodir9laitnus

Russell Wilson
Seattle Seahawks · QB
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ell-wilson-headline-nfl-s-top-10-deep-passers

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I believe Russell Wilson has the best deep ball in the NFL and Dak should incorporate his throwing motion into his own.

He also needs to improve in red-zone efficiency and break some records. He can throw for 45 TDs this season minimum and put away the critiques about Cowboys’s red-zone woes.

Red-zone equals money zone and he needs to contribute his effort that reflects the pay check. That means more control of offense by audibles and motioning players to create spacing.

I think Tom Brady is a good QB. Dak should just play like him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I believe Russell Wilson has the best deep ball in the NFL and Dak should incorporate his throwing motion into his own.

He also needs to improve in red-zone efficiency and break some records. He can throw for 45 TDs this season minimum and put away the critiques about Cowboys’s red-zone woes.

Red-zone equals money zone and he needs to contribute his effort that reflects the pay check. That means more control of offense by audibles and motioning players to create spacing.

Easier said than done.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A deep pass TD would have absolutely 0 impact on redzone percentage, you’d have to be within the 20 yardline to have any effect on that. Don’t really understand the correlation between deep passing TD’s and redzone percentages.

Also, here’s how Dak stacks up in deep passing according to NextGen Stats:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ssers-russell-wilson-aaron-rodgers-among-best
According to that article, he led the NFL in 2019

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If we had lost, the Dak haters would say it was his fault....we won, so it was because of Zeke....you guys are so predictable.
You can call me what you want, but it's not like you're this voice of the middle ground.

You have an agenda. That agenda is to prop Dak up no matter what. You're one of those "All wins are Dak's, but all loses are the teams" types.

exciter

Reaction score

Lol!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can call me what you want, but it's not like you're this voice of the middle ground.

You have an agenda. That agenda is to prop Dak up no matter what. You're one of those "All wins are Dak's, but all loses are the teams" types.
No, I coached long enough to know that it's a team sport. I don't prop any player or dump on any player. I'm a Cowboys fan.....the team...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I didn't call you anything, you just admitted to it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The one thing I have noticed about Wilson's deep ball....and actually Rodgers as well as they both put a TON of arc on the ball. They not only throw deep but high...giving the receiver more time to adjust.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't call you anything, you just admitted to it.
You replied to my post implying that I'm a "Dak hater" because I mentioned that the Cowboys won the game, not Dak, and I also pointed out that not only did Dak not win the game, but he was outplayed by Wilson and Zeke rushed for 140 yards.

That's not being a "Dak hater". That's just being honest about it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You replied to my post implying that I'm a "Dak hater" because I mentioned that the Cowboys won the game, not Dak, and I also pointed out that not only did Dak not win the game, but he was outplayed by Wilson and Zeke rushed for 140 yards.

That's not being a "Dak hater". That's just being honest about it.
Ok I admit it. I called you a Dak hater....am I wrong?