Twitter: Dak shoulder injury?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Philly's defense isn't as good as LA's - we'll be OK.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The fact Dak has and can beat people with his arm this year (and the WRs we have) have made it easier to run. That's just a reality.

Now put a Prescott with a bum arm (or worse, Cooper Rush) at QB and the Eagles will load up on the run (and they have a decent run defense to begin with) and dare an injured QB (or backup QB) to beat them.

"Hard to function" from Garrett has me spooked.

It’s all about the comeback story.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The fact Dak has and can beat people with his arm this year (and the WRs we have) have made it easier to run. That's just a reality.

Now put a Prescott with a bum arm (or worse, Cooper Rush) at QB and the Eagles will load up on the run (and they have a decent run defense to begin with) and dare an injured QB (or backup QB) to beat them.

"Hard to function" from Garrett has me spooked.
It does to me too. Agree on all the above. I wonder how much of this is true if this is just coach talk in the middle of the week? Garrett's not known for this though but man I liked our chances going in but now with a potential one dimensional attack.....this could get ugly. It can either make them one dimensional or make them too reliant on a hurt Dak once they go down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can't "just run the ball". Schwartz is going to sell out to stop the run if he knows Dak has a bum shoulder. Hell, he's probably going to do it even if he's 100% healthy.
Yeah he most definitely was. He was going to leave and die by stopping the run.

Sydla

Reaction score
It does to me too. Agree on all the above. I wonder how much of this is true if this is just coach talk in the middle of the week? Garrett's not known for this though but man I liked our chances going in but now with a potential one dimensional attack.....this could get ugly. It can either make them one dimensional or make them too reliant on a hurt Dak once they go down.

I am hoping Garrett is just Garretting and overstating just how much discomfort and restrictive Dak is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Garrett didn't say precaution. He said "hard to function".

If a player has an injury that requires a MRI and makes it hard to function on Wednesday before a Sunday game, that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
He played the entire game, an MRI doesn't = tragedy. When have you ever had the warm & fuzzies? Lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am hoping Garrett is just Garretting and overstating just how much discomfort and restrictive Dak is.
I am too.....because if he's not at that point how smart is it to even say something like that in a presser? Why would you let your opponent know your guy has a bum shoulder?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah he most definitely was. He was going to leave and die by stopping the run.

They love playing a single high safety and creeping up the other S toward the line. In fact, Schwartz had gotten killed by many up here in the Philly area for his general refusal to play more Cover 2 type defenses when teams were ripping them through the air for big plays.

Unless he makes a big schematic change for this game, expect to see more single high with Jenkins creeping up to teh line to stop the run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why does anyone have an MRI? To see if there's damage he shouldn't play with.
Exactly. So yeah it may be minor or it may be serious. But I don't think you get a MRI for nothing. Something happened to where they felt he wasn't right. I personally couldn't tell on Sunday.

Sydla

Reaction score
He played the entire game, an MRI doesn't = tragedy. When have you ever had the warm & fuzzies? Lol.

I see you ignored the part where Garrett said he is struggling to function right now.

That sound normal to you?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Garrett said Dak sustained the injury to his shoulder in the first half.<br><br>This was the biggest impact I could remember to his shoulder in the game: <a href="https://t.co/feLYgtLGNi">pic.twitter.com/feLYgtLGNi</a></p>&mdash; Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) <a href="">December 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

glimmerman

Reaction score
They are gonna come after that shoulder. Watch how many late hits he takes to the shoulder. Knocking him down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They love playing a single high safety and creeping up the other S toward the line. In fact, Schwartz had gotten killed by many up here in the Philly area for his general refusal to play more Cover 2 type defenses when teams were ripping them through the air for big plays.

Unless he makes a big schematic change for this game, expect to see more single high with Jenkins creeping up to teh line to stop the run.
Yep. Would not shock me at all. He has a refusal to change too people have been beating up for a few weeks. He has a personnel issue with the secondary but he's not giving those guys any help back there. Cooper should kill these guys this week.