Twitter: Dak shoulder injury?

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly. So yeah it may be minor or it may be serious. But I don't think you get a MRI for nothing. Something happened to where they felt he wasn't right. I personally couldn't tell on Sunday.

And it's on a Wednesday. You often see precautionary MRIs right after games. If Dak had a MRI today it tells you that they thought what he had was minor but now midweek it hasn't improved so they went with a MRI. Throw in Garrett's "its hard to function right now" comment and the picture isn't exactly, "yeah, no big deal".

Throw in the fact history shows us this team is hilariously wacky with injury prognostications, well............. hahaha.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I'm saying. People are letting that performance on Sunday really go to their head. I have seen nothing from these guys to believe they can duplicate that performance in Philly. Kellen is going to have to get creative.

Its odd Dak has this injury. He seemed to not take many hits on Sunday and dodged a few would be sacks.
This …

Some seem to think the success of the running game this past week was simply a function of deciding to run the ball, and they have forgotten the games where we ran the ball plenty of times and just couldn't get things going. Unfortunately, a team can't just decide to run for 260 yards. The reality is that if we had the early success running in other games that we had in the Rams game, we would have continued running the ball just like we did in the Rams game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I call BS on this entire report. If you were the HC of the Dallas Cowboys and you had a win or go home game coming up with a Division Rival, would you tip off the other team to an injury that might limit the teams ability to throw the ball in such a public manor? Might that not be something that could be characterized as, oh IDK, monumentally stupid?

Garrett has his faults as a HC but I've never viewed him as stupid. I think this is a step up. I think the Cowboys might be trying to sell the idea that we will be running the ball, coming off such an effective run game against the Rams. Cowboys, in actuality, might be trying to create and edge for Dak and the Passing game against the Eagles.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah we're good because of what they did on Sunday. Its been rare they have looked that good this season and if this team is going to be one dimensional they are going to have a long day in front of them.
:lmao2:No way bro,, we got a solid QB2.

Props to ABQ

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He's officially listed as questionable:

Dak Prescott (right shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Prescott was dinged in the easy win over the Rams. There's zero chance he misses Week 16 against the Eagles in the battle for the NFC East title.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Exactly. So yeah it may be minor or it may be serious. But I don't think you get a MRI for nothing. Something happened to where they felt he wasn't right. I personally couldn't tell on Sunday.
He is probly sore. Precaution. Get it treated and he will he ready to go. We likey won’t see him running with it. Which I think made us work well last week. That threat of him running freaks defenses out.

Sydla

Reaction score
I call BS on this entire report. If you were the HC of the Dallas Cowboys and and you had a win or go home game coming up with a Division Rival coming up, would you tip off the other team to an injury that might limit the teams ability to throw the ball in such a public manor? Might that not be something that could be characterized as, oh IDK, monumentally stupid?

Garrett has his faults as a HC but I've never viewed him as stupid. I think this is a step up. I think the Cowboys might be trying to sell the idea that we will be running the ball, coming off such an effective run game against the Rams. Cowboys, in actuality, might be trying to create and edge for Dak and the Passing game against the Eagles.

Yeah. No.

When has Garrett ever played games like this before?

His shoulder is bothering him. The extent? I guess we will find out soon enough.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They're saying the injury occured in the middle of the 1st quarter. And he had a couple of runs well after with plenty of contact. Late in the 2nd and a 4th and 1.

But maybe it got worse. I'm not panicking.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He had the MRI and they found nothing. They're saying he's just banged up.

cowboyec

Reaction score
not gonna speculate.
hopefully the closer we get to game time,his shoulder loosens up and doesnt bother his throwing motion too much.

Air Force One

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Garrett said Dak sustained the injury to his shoulder in the first half.<br><br>This was the biggest impact I could remember to his shoulder in the game: <a href="https://t.co/feLYgtLGNi">pic.twitter.com/feLYgtLGNi</a></p>&mdash; Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) <a href="">December 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm almost sure this is the play.

I remember it specifically and being worried Dak wasn't going to get up, but he popped right up so I figured we got lucky but I guess not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This …

Some seem to think the success of the running game this past week was simply a function of deciding to run the ball, and they have forgotten the games where we ran the ball plenty of times and just couldn't get things going. Unfortunately, a team can't just decide to run for 260 yards. The reality is that if we had the early success running in other games that we had in the Rams game, we would have continued running the ball just like we did in the Rams game.
Exactly. They abandon the run because they weren't running well and were going down in games. Dak was forced to throw more.

So yeah guys need to rewatch past games to remember how bad this was.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah he most definitely was. He was going to leave and die by stopping the run.
If he's hurt they'll try to stop the run first, play tight on the outside and force him to throw into tight windows all day in a hostile environment.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm almost sure this is the play.

I remember it specifically and being worried Dak wasn't going to get up, but he popped right up so I figured we got lucky but I guess not.
And he ran for some tough yards after that play, so I think it's just sore.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Garrett said Dak sustained the injury to his shoulder in the first half.<br><br>This was the biggest impact I could remember to his shoulder in the game: <a href="https://t.co/feLYgtLGNi">pic.twitter.com/feLYgtLGNi</a></p>&mdash; Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) <a href="">December 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I remember this play and thought that Matthews used his body weight to land on Dak like defenders do on a sack, which he can do with Dak being a runner and not a passer. Maybe this is why they don't want to run him so much like people are calling for. Ya think?