Dak summed up in a sentence and a question

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Before I answer your question let me ask you what's up with you? You and a few others always resort to personal attacks. Why is that? Is it because you feel big and bad behind a keyboard? Is it because you are posting from a username you created to hide your identity? Always wanted to ask you this...since its a slow day I figured I'd ask it now.

Oh, you mean like the times you have attempted to call people WACISTs on here because they criticize Dak Prescott? Now I need to play nice with you? Pretty sure you did this to @Trouty as well.

Now answer the question and stop crying because you can't hang in a debate....ever.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Burrow is not a gamble as long as he doesn't have recurring injury issues.

Worst possible case, he's still better than Dak.

Again the list is very long of college QB's that even draft gurus thought were going to be good NFL QB's that turned out to be busts. It is complete foolishness to state as fact that ANY college QB who has taken zero snaps in the NFL is better than a 4 year NFL starter. A QB that as a rookie was the NFL offensive rookie of the year. After Burrows gets into the NFL and has some games under his belt and you want to then compare great, but stop this nonsense of comparing college QB's to NFL QB's two completely different games and leagues.

Flamma

Reaction score
Alright so that I don't remember. How I always remembered that 2007 Giants team was it just peaked at the right time. They went on the road every week and won. Eli was making some clutch throws and that defensive line was SICK. They had a rotation of Osi, Tuck and Strahan just getting to the quarterback with no problem.

Their defense peaked. It has been a long time so I'm a bit foggy on it. I seem to remember a few defenders making it back at the end of the season. I just attributed it to that. Each game in the playoffs that D seemed to get better. Remember when Romo had that 10 minute plus drive? That had a lot to do with their D. That is the primary reason they got past two 13-3 teams and held the Patriots to 14 points. A defense that woke up. I think their 2011 team was more about their offense.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
more fortuitous than smart.

Hey cern answer a question for me. What if in 2016 the Cowboys who couldn't draft either of the 2 QB's they wanted they decided to wait until 2017 to get their QB and the same injuries to Romo and Moore happen. What would the Cowboys have done and would they have still gotten that 13-3 record without that NFL offensive rookie of the year?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Trade rights to Dak, two firsts, and two seconds. And whatever else they want.

Nothing can possibly change until we have an elite QB.

After this season Prescott will be a free agent unless the Cowboys tag him. Now if Prescott is as bad as you think tell me which teams are going to give up two firsts and two seconds for that bad QB on a franchise tag. Do you even think before posting.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You didn't answer my question.

What was Dak when he was one of the WORST rated QBs in the league from week 10 to week 17 in 2017, with a low QBR, turn over prone (11 TDs to 9 INTs), couldn't score TDs in multiple games?

And Big Ben's down year came in year 3 of him starting. Manning threw 23 TDs to 21 INTs in his fourth season. Down years happen to the best of them. Whether Goff IS OR ISN'T that is not the judgement I am making, I am countering your BS that he has just been some bum since he came into the league.

You were wrong. You have the same argument style to @Irvin88_4life - "Every other player sucks except Dak!". You suck at debating. Log off.
If you're going to put my name in something at least get your facts straight. Show one time I gave ever said that every other player sucks except Dak......... you can't so stop with your BS and try reading comprehension.

cern

Reaction score
Hey cern answer a question for me. What if in 2016 the Cowboys who couldn't draft either of the 2 QB's they wanted they decided to wait until 2017 to get their QB and the same injuries to Romo and Moore happen. What would the Cowboys have done and would they have still gotten that 13-3 record without that NFL offensive rookie of the year?
not likely they would have. they got exceeding lucky with the dak pick. we actually thought we would have a chance at wentz who was their first choice, but philly frog leaped us to get him. taking day in the fourth round was most fortuitous for us. but as I care only about wins, not stats (the reason I never liked tony) I find it interesting he couldn't beat philly while wentz was able to raise the level of his team's play with practice squad guys and backups. dak says all the right things, but just doesn't seem to elevate the team's play. that's what separates him from staubach and aikman. they weren't afraid to get in another players face. dak can't do that. seems he's not the leader I hoped he would be.

erod

Reaction score
After this season Prescott will be a free agent unless the Cowboys tag him. Now if Prescott is as bad as you think tell me which teams are going to give up two firsts and two seconds for that bad QB on a franchise tag. Do you even think before posting.

Can you read?

Lol, try again.

cern

Reaction score
Trade rights to Dak, two firsts, and two seconds. And whatever else they want.

Nothing can possibly change until we have an elite QB.
if you already have the first pick and need a qb, just take burrow yourself and get him cheap for the first few years as opposed to dak that's looking for 40 million and all guaranteed money.

cern

Reaction score
he's suggesting we give two firsts and seconds plus dak for the right to draft burrow. not the other way around.

erod

Reaction score
if you already have the first pick and need a qb, just take burrow yourself and get him cheap for the first few years as opposed to dak that's looking for 40 million and all guaranteed money.
I'm just hoping they're dumb enough to do that.

I don't think there is a team that would take Dak now with that big contract looming.

No interest in him. That's why Dallas should play the hardest of hardball.

shabazz

Reaction score
Hopefully we get a new coach and HE gets to decide Dak’s status rather than Jerry deciding it. I can live with a new coaches decision but of course the “franchise/new contract” decision usually falls to the GM so Jerry gets to factor in anyway.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If you're going to put my name in something at least get your facts straight. Show one time I gave ever said that every other player sucks except Dak......... you can't so stop with your BS and try reading comprehension.

I have already called you out on it in the past and you bailed during the debate. You consistently either downplay other players at ANY POINT Dak is being compared - that's simply what you do.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
not likely they would have. they got exceeding lucky with the dak pick. we actually thought we would have a chance at wentz who was their first choice, but philly frog leaped us to get him. taking day in the fourth round was most fortuitous for us. but as I care only about wins, not stats (the reason I never liked tony) I find it interesting he couldn't beat philly while wentz was able to raise the level of his team's play with practice squad guys and backups. dak says all the right things, but just doesn't seem to elevate the team's play. that's what separates him from staubach and aikman. they weren't afraid to get in another players face. dak can't do that. seems he's not the leader I hoped he would be.

OK but now answer my question of what would the Cowboys have done if they decided to pass on a QB in 2016 because those they wanted were drafted ahead of them and both Romo and Moore had their same injuries. What then?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Can you read?

Lol, try again.

Hey you were the one saying the Cowboys should get two firsts and two seconds for Prescott. You should go back and reread your own post and ask yourself how stupid that sounds.

cern

Reaction score
OK but now answer my question of what would the Cowboys have done if they decided to pass on a QB in 2016 because those they wanted were drafted ahead of them and both Romo and Moore had their same injuries. What then?
that's just getting too hypothetical for me to answer. would we still have a #4 pick?