Dak summed up in a sentence and a question

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was impressed with burrow and the long haired lad from Clemson. of course they could turn become aikman or ryan leaf. but both seem to possess a lot of character. I predict good futures in the nfl for both. as for dak,, he couldn't carry his team last week. wentz clearly did.
No one did him any favors to pile on his awful performance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's another misused phrase.
On this site you will see a bunch of them especially after a loss. Another one is "Ohhhhh....Zeke is facing a stacked box all game.....". They hear some idiot say on ESPN and regurgitate it to the people on this site.

Again, at MOST the only thing you can claim is that he is having a down year.

He's been to the probowl 2x out of his 4 year career and made it to the Super Bowl. You're posting stupid again, don't do that.
I'm posting stupid yet you are trying justify Goff's terrible play by bringing up his "Pro Bowl" appearances? Really? He got paid and is having a down year....you can belittle his play if you want but fact is he has arguably the best receiving core in the league, one of the best teams around him and in a Super Bowl year the best he could muster up was 19 Touchdowns and 16 picks? Its telling when you look at the Rams and the biggest weakness on that team is him.

I'm amazed how you ride for Goff and Wentz but **** on Dak any chance you get.

Funny thing, not ha ha funny, that as bad as you claim their defense was and how they got torched by good teams they beat division leading Cowboys and then in the Super Bowl they beat the then unbeaten patriots to win the Super Bowl. Maybe your memory isn't quite as good as you think it is.
I'm well aware of what they did. You're getting lost in this debate. I'm the one who brought up the Giants and their 2 Super Bowls. The point was...Eli did not have a stacked team. Even if you want to believe they were the 7th ranked defense that is far from the best in the league that the poster tried to make it sound. Eli caught on and made big plays in that 2007 year. So yeah they beat the Cowboys because they had arguably one of the best defensive lines in the league and Eli made some clutch throws.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Comprehension. I never ONCE COMPARED THEM. My simple point of let's wait and see what he does on the field is going over your head. But troll on my mistake for bringing logic to the discussion.

You know Burrows can be just another college QB that people say will be good in the NFL that in reality turns out to be a bust. All draft picks are a gamble but those used on QB hold extra gamble because they are the single most import position on a team. There is a long list of QB's taken in the 1st round that turned out to bust. This includes the very first player taken in a draft, JaMarcus Russell who had a college record of 21-4 at LSU and was a huge bust.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But let's play this game that Goff is just a bum now for having a down year. What the hell was Dak Prescott? In 2017 Dak had 6 multiple turnover games, 5 games with a rating below 70, 3 games with a rating below 90, and 6 games where he didn't score a TD. He was one of the worst ranked QBs in the league in 2017 from week 10 to week 17.

Was Prescott a "bum" then? Or is the excuse that he was taken in the 4th round, so it's all good?
You guys constantly tell us and remind us he's a bum so what are you getting by asking this question? No one ever denied 2017 was his down year. Its crazy how his down year came in year 2 but Goff's came in year 4.....what's even worse is that what you are calling Dak's bum year is still better than what Goff is doing with a superior team lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't care how many yards they gave up. I didn't say they gave up the most yards a game I said they had one of the worst defenses. I remember that year very well. Any time a solid team came to them they got torched. Since you are bringing up stats go look up their stats against good opponents.

Yeah, for the season overall their D didn't impress me. I think they even got obliterated by the Vikings late in the season, at home. But come season's end their D was playing at an elite level. Was it injured players that came back? I forget.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know Burrows can be just another college QB that people say will be good in the NFL that in reality turns out to be a bust. All draft picks are a gamble but those used on QB hold extra gamble because they are the single most import position on a team. There is a long list of QB's taken in the 1st round that turned out to bust. This includes the very first player taken in a draft, JaMarcus Russell who had a college record of 21-4 at LSU and was a huge bust.
Ayeee....you're preaching to the choir. The NFL is tough and its tough to be a quarterback. We all complain about the things Dak does and doesn't do....but let this sink in. Mariotta, Josh Rosen, Jameis Winston, Jared Goff, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Money Making Mitch etc....these are all top 10 picks who look worse than what we are getting from Dak. That doesn't mean we should settle with what we are getting from Dak. Not at all. But it goes to show how tough this process is. Mind you....let's remember this team wanted Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook over him.....and then they settled for him with their SECOND 4th round pick after drafting Charles Tapper and then went into camp with him behind Romo and Moore.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Goff has 19 TD's and 16 picks. Just 3 more TD's than picks. Prescott who so many here like to trash has 26 TD's and 11 picks or over twice as many TD's than picks. BTW that same Prescott as a rookie set an NFL record for the fewest picks by a rookie QB that started all 16 games with only 4 picks and 23 TD's or almost SIX times more TD's than picks.

That’s funny, you strangely left of Goff’s 2018 (32:12) and 2017 (28:7).

What’s the math on that?

erod

Reaction score
I've heard it all before. Heard it about the great Andrew Luck before he retired at 29. Heard it about Mariotta and Winston before Winston went on to throw 30 picks this season and for Mariotta went on to back up Tannehill.

Its all moot. Why in the hell would the Bengals tank all year just to trade their pick lol? You are saying some far out there stuff. The only pick possibly up for trade is that #2 depending on if its the Giants or whoever has a quarterback already. Quit getting yourself riled up over something that won't ever happen.
Luck, Mariotta, and Winston aren't remotely in Burrow's class.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm posting stupid yet you are trying justify Goff's terrible play by bringing up his "Pro Bowl" appearances? Really? He got paid and is having a down year....you can belittle his play if you want but fact is he has arguably the best receiving core in the league, one of the best teams around him and in a Super Bowl year the best he could muster up was 19 Touchdowns and 16 picks? Its telling when you look at the Rams and the biggest weakness on that team is him.

Read carefully.

I didn't "justify" Goff's play this year other than us knowing it's been a down year outside of what he showed in 2017 and 2018. Your argument is that Goff's success in college didn't translate tot he NFL, this is utter BS. The dude hasn't been some Tim Tebow or something. He's a 2x pro-bowler in a 4 season career (really only played 3 full seasons)

You exaggerated, yet again, to prop up Dak. Tearing down other players with baseless BS does not make Dak more than what he is.

NEXT!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, for the season overall their D didn't impress me. I think they even got obliterated by the Vikings late in the season, at home. But come season's end their D was playing at an elite level. Was it injured players that came back? I forget.
Alright so that I don't remember. How I always remembered that 2007 Giants team was it just peaked at the right time. They went on the road every week and won. Eli was making some clutch throws and that defensive line was SICK. They had a rotation of Osi, Tuck and Strahan just getting to the quarterback with no problem.

erod

Reaction score

Burrow is not a gamble as long as he doesn't have recurring injury issues.

Worst possible case, he's still better than Dak.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ayeee....you're preaching to the choir. The NFL is tough and its tough to be a quarterback. We all complain about the things Dak does and doesn't do....but let this sink in. Mariotta, Josh Rosen, Jameis Winston, Jared Goff, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Money Making Mitch etc....these are all top 10 picks who look worse than what we are getting from Dak. That doesn't mean we should settle with what we are getting from Dak. Not at all. But it goes to show how tough this process is. Mind you....let's remember this team wanted Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook over him.....and then they settled for him with their SECOND 4th round pick after drafting Charles Tapper and then went into camp with him behind Romo and Moore.

And going into camp as the 3rd sting QB and moving up due to injuries to starter by opening weekend and then going on to go a 13-3 record and winning offensive rookie of the year kind of makes taking him with that 4th round pick a pretty smart pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Read carefully.

I didn't "justify" Goff's play this year other than us knowing it's been a down year outside of what he showed in 2017 and 2018. Your argument is that Goff's success in college didn't translate tot he NFL, this is utter BS. The dude hasn't been some Tim Tebow or something. He's a 2x pro-bowler in a 4 season career (really only played 3 full seasons)

You exaggerated, yet again, to prop up Dak. Tearing down other players with baseless BS does not make Dak more than what he is.

NEXT!
So you are telling me that Goff has been worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd round pick? Hell he's been worth a 1st round pick? That's what you're saying? You keep getting off track. Answer the question. This has nothing to do with Dak. No one has to bring up Goff in order to prop up Dak he does it on his own with his play. HE has 19 touchdowns and 16 picks.

cern

Reaction score
burrow might be the first pick taken. dallas has no chance of obtaining his services.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You guys constantly tell us and remind us he's a bum so what are you getting by asking this question? No one ever denied 2017 was his down year. Its crazy how his down year came in year 2 but Goff's came in year 4.....what's even worse is that what you are calling Dak's bum year is still better than what Goff is doing with a superior team lol.

You didn't answer my question.

What was Dak when he was one of the WORST rated QBs in the league from week 10 to week 17 in 2017, with a low QBR, turn over prone (11 TDs to 9 INTs), couldn't score TDs in multiple games?

And Big Ben's down year came in year 3 of him starting. Manning threw 23 TDs to 21 INTs in his fourth season. Down years happen to the best of them. Whether Goff IS OR ISN'T that is not the judgement I am making, I am countering your BS that he has just been some bum since he came into the league.

You were wrong. You have the same argument style to @Irvin88_4life - "Every other player sucks except Dak!". You suck at debating. Log off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And going into camp as the 3rd sting QB and moving up due to injuries to starter by opening weekend and then going on to go a 13-3 record and winning offensive rookie of the year kind of makes taking him with that 4th round pick a pretty smart pick.
Oh it does. But make no mistake it was luck. Hell most of the draft is luck. But that goes back to my point of be careful what you wish for. Just because you draft someone with a 1st round pick doesn't mean they will live up to their potential. Everyone is not capable of dealing with this circus around here.

cern

Reaction score
more fortuitous than smart.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You didn't answer my question.

What was Dak when he was one of the WORST rated QBs in the league from week 10 to week 17 in 2017, with a low QBR, turn over prone (11 TDs to 9 INTs), couldn't score TDs in multiple games?

And Big Ben's down year came in year 3 of him starting. Manning threw 23 TDs to 21 INTs in his fourth season. Down years happen to the best of them. Whether Goff IS OR ISN'T that is not the judgement I am making, I am countering your BS that he has just been some bum since he came into the league.

You were wrong. You have the same argument style to @Irvin88_4life - "Every other player sucks except Dak!". You suck at debating. Log off.
Before I answer your question let me ask you what's up with you? You and a few others always resort to personal attacks. Why is that? Is it because you feel big and bad behind a keyboard? Is it because you are posting from a username you created to hide your identity? Always wanted to ask you this...since its a slow day I figured I'd ask it now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So you are telling me that Goff has been worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd round pick? Hell he's been worth a 1st round pick? That's what you're saying? You keep getting off track. Answer the question. This has nothing to do with Dak. No one has to bring up Goff in order to prop up Dak he does it on his own with his play. HE has 19 touchdowns and 16 picks.

He got 2 probowls and to a Super Bowl. One down year is not indicative of anything nor is it even a trend yet.

But I guess going out in the divisional round and having garbage time stats is somehow a greater freakin' feat than what Goff has done. Spare me. You just suck at this.