Dak summed up in a sentence and a question

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dude you are making my point. there are 4 teams and four qbs you mentioned out of 32 teams with 3 deep at QB..you know what thos eodds are, also let me reply..

Andy Reid how many SBs appearances? Sb wins=0... So Mcnabb is better than Romo and dak, NOFNWY..about the same type of qbs IMO .he inherited Smith did not draft him and if he or any of the nfl knew what mahomes would become he would have went #1 overall not 13th or wherever he went, again a Elite generational pick, sometimes is luck..

Harbaugh they used up and then overpaid a player who was great one year on the SB run silair to afoles who caught fire, then what? Jackson was flier and they ahd to run an offense to suit his needs vs hiom being eliete , hes not an Elite QB, hes and elite Athlete playing QB..great thing Hrbaugh got the archetect who made Kap good and was abke to use that for Jackson but noone truly knew hed be this good for at least a year..so i did not see any super GM/Coach move for any ogf them that brought a QB, some luck buddy..

Pete carroll LOL dude just brought in some overpriced FA to start and took Wilson in the 3rd round but did not know hed be this good or he would have been taken first overall.. before that it was some bad QBs in Seatle..go look it up..BTW forst 2 years when Seatle was great that was an elite defense and run game that gave time for RW to bcome who he did..oh and old PC let aplay call be put in RW hands whwn it shold have been Lynch on the gal line that cost him a SB.

Same goes for old BigBen i remember a super Defense, betis and run game that simply said let the qb not give the game away and we we win.. ben became gret later but he was not the reason they won that first SB, not eve close..there were several mediocre qbs before ben on those PB teams btw, worse then dak..

so even if i gave you the argumanet which im not we can split the difference my point is theres no formula for finding elite players especially at QB and it takes some luck and timing to find those...

now if the argumanet is they had a better GM or HC sure they built a great defense on all those teams, instaled a great Run Game and dint replay on the QB from day one to shoulder the load..

we never gave romo that sufficating of defesne at the same time as a great line and run game and let the game come to them, dak really hasnt got that yet either , some of it yes but those 4 teams all had that in common..some of the best defnses the nfl ever had and a strong run game..

this year NE is doing it with great defense ansd ST because they dont have a good offense, really below avg offense including brady..

Us we had horrioble ST, inconsistent play on defense , and our offense coudnt find an identity ie coaching was sporadic..

so again yes i go Coaches more of an issue then our QB selections..

I didn't say it was only 4 teams. You said you didn't have time to go down 32 times. If you have the time.....go look at what the 32 teams have done. And I bet you will see a trend of the bad coaches/organization doing stupid things at quarterback and the good coaches/organization doing smart things as quarterback. I wasn't telling you to compare who's better and who's not. Fact is McNabb made it to the Super Bowl and Andy Reid has as well with inferior talent. That's where we are at. We are trying to get to the Super Bowl.

In regards to what we never gave Romo....what did the Giants give Eli? What did Packers give Rodgers or Saints give BreeS?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Big time. Cal Poly ripped Prescott last year and when I said he would improve, made posts saying I was performing a sex act on Prescott. Now he doesn't have the stones to post much anymore - much less man up and admit he was wrong.

Hey guys, you can trust kaiser.

Afterall, he’s the self-proclaimed war hero and the same guy that tried to pass off that he’s somehow affiliated with CalTech based on the simple fact he walked the campus and has a rotary meeting in one of their rentable spaces.

The guy has lost at life, looool.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah like I said man if you guys want to boost up Wentz....go for it. He at least has the MVP type season under his belt in 2017. I'm not a fan but I get it. But Goff? That one goes over my head. Even using the eye test. He just doesn't look like a winner. He doesn't command a game. He's along for the ride.

I also have concerns about Jimmy G. Is he just a hyped up product of the Belicek machine? At 27mil a year he better be able to put the team on his back. For the top ten QB salaries I only like Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson. Roethlesbergers best years are behind him and Stafford is inconsistent. The others are playing below their salaries or are still a question mark, like Jimmy G.

glimmerman

Reaction score
NFL teams do not fear or gameplan for Dak Prescott as a passer or runner in any notable way.

How much should you pay a quarterback like that?
It’s not so much Dak as it is the scheme. We have done the same thing for years. Teams already know what we are going to do.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep asking and asking for someone to post here what QB TALENTS (accuracy, pocket awr, running, leading his WR, footwork) Dak has and why he should remain as the Cowboys QB?

Till today I have received 0 response?

P.S.Not even the Dak-employees will touch this one fearing they will be laughed out of here!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I also have concerns about Jimmy G. Is he just a hyped up product of the Belicek machine? At 27mil a year he better be able to put the team on his back. For the top ten QB salaries I only like Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson. Roethlesbergers best years are behind him and Stafford is inconsistent. The others are playing below their salaries or are still a question mark, like Jimmy G.
That Garpolo contract really put things out of whack......he got that contract after about 5 games. He looks better this year but he’s living off that Pats fame still. He’s another one that’s suspect to me.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I keep asking and asking for someone to post here what QB TALENTS (accuracy, pocket awr, running, leading his WR, footwork) Dak has and why he should remain as the Cowboys QB?

P.S.Not even the Dak-employees will touch this one fearing they will be laughed out of here!

You're on about 100 ignore lists fyi

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I think you aren’t getting answers because no one respects you enough to do it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There are even more QBs who have gone outside of round one or two that this is applicable to but I felt like he discussion was really more around late 1st round guys, as opposed to all QBs in general. Rodgers did sit and I'm a fan of developing QBs this way, especially in todays NFL, rather then just throwing them in. Prescott, in his first year, was the beneficiary of other teams not having tape on him in the NFL, of most of the rest of the NFL being more conscious of Zeke and of having a really good team around him. All of those things, along with a lucky schedule, allowed him to enjoy a good season and to win that award. However, even in that ROY year, it was pretty clear that Dak some issues in his game. He was far from a finished product and we are seeing that now. Dak did well against bad teams this year. He didn't do as well against good teams. Now, it's not all on him but the point is that if you are QB, it's all on you. I know that doesn't sound like it makes sense but it does. He's got to be able to find ways to win when it's all on the line. If he can't do that, then he can't be a top QB in this league. You can say it's a team game and it is but, you can't be the reason the team loses. Unfortunately, for Dak, he absolutely was the reason we lost last Sunday and that's a problem for him. He's gotta be able to avoid that. He can't be the guy if he doesn't step on and find a way to be "The Guy". That's just my opinion.

This season you and others expect Prescott to pull out games by his lonesome and if he didn't then the losses are all his fault. BS! The Cowboys had a defense that showed up once in a while, a terrible special teams, a team that leads the league in drops by a team and the Cowboys had the 3rd worst starting position for drives in the league. A good QB can overcome a lot but but there have been good QB's that haven't overcome that much and still didn't win Super Bowls. Why, because as much as some want to put the sole blame on the QB it is a TEAM game. I didn't even mention the bad calls refs have made like the two phantom tripping calls that were a big part of a loss because all teams have gotten screwed by the refs. Just ask the saints of last season. Also a large part of the Cowboys passing game is predicated on the run game for play action passes and when Elliott has 5 subpar games with 60 yards or less what do you think that did for play action. Yes some can blame Prescott for all the losses but they're only fooling themselves. Yes I admit that there is room for improvement for Prescott but he's nowhere close to being as bad as some here try to paint him as.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It’s not so much Dak as it is the scheme. We have done the same thing for years. Teams already know what we are going to do.

But last week is proof that it is Dak. At least it was in a game for the NFCE against the Eagles. The Scheme worked. Defensively, we shut the Eagles down. Offensively, we blew multiple opportunities to crush the Eagles and we simply didn't execute. We left multiple points on the field and that was pretty much Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This assumes you or, more appropriately, the incoming Coaching Staff believes he is a Franchise QB. That is not a guarantee. Not everybody in the NFL believes he is. He ain't getting an additional 5 mil. I am not even certain that any team in the NFL will offer 30. That is my opinion and it really hasn't changed. If the incoming coaching staff wants to bump it 5 mil, that's on them but I wouldn't do that. Nolan Carrell was a waste of money. Cedric Thornton was a waste of money and an additional 5 mil would be a waste of money as well, in my view. Goff and the Rams, I don't care. The Eagles I don't care about either. I would actually wonder if either of those teams, if they had a chance to do it all over again, would elect to go another way? I think the Cowboys knew that the day where a new HC might be coming and they didn't want to hamstring themselves in any negotiation. I think that probably played into it a little more but you may be right. I mean, it's not like he proved he was the guy last year and honestly, he didn't that this year either, in my view. I think he is capable of playing much, much better then he did against the Eagles but he also showed that he is capable of playing just as he did last Sunday as well so you have to weigh those things.
This ain’t about wha the coach thinks though this is about what the Jones’s think. Whatever coach comes in is going to have to deal with whatever decision they make.

My point is you don’t let 5 million stop you from signing a franchise player. 5 million a year in this league gets you a fringe player(Cobb did play well though but I think the exception).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But last week is proof that it is Dak. At least it was in a game for the NFCE against the Eagles. The Scheme worked. Defensively, we shut the Eagles down. Offensively, we blew multiple opportunities to crush the Eagles and we simply didn't execute. We left multiple points on the field and that was pretty much Dak.
The scheme worked? The only reason they only gave up 17 was because of missed field goals. They had no problems moving the ball on us. And 13 carries in the month of December for Zeke is a fail. Scheme or not. Especially on a bum shoulder that’s moronic.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There was a pretty bad drop also. But yes Dak could have been more accurate. The over throw to Austin hurt. Not to mention when the run started working in the second half we abandon it after Pollard fumbles.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I didn't say it was only 4 teams. You said you didn't have time to go down 32 times. If you have the time.....go look at what the 32 teams have done. And I bet you will see a trend of the bad coaches/organization doing stupid things at quarterback and the good coaches/organization doing smart things as quarterback. I wasn't telling you to compare who's better and who's not. Fact is McNabb made it to the Super Bowl and Andy Reid has as well with inferior talent. That's where we are at. We are trying to get to the Super Bowl.

In regards to what we never gave Romo....what did the Giants give Eli? What did Packers give Rodgers or Saints give BreeS?

Ill answer that. The giants had a really good defense, the packers had 2 good receivers and a good RB and the saints had a really good defense and a good receiver. The two teams that had really good defenses allow the offense not to have to get into shoot outs. The packers were able to do shoot outs and win.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nah its Dak. Why didn't teams play Romo by just putting most of the effort on stopping the run and letting Romo beat them? I don't remember that being the gameplan but maybe I'm wrong.

starman22

Reaction score
They are 8th in points scored and would be 4th if they had a reliable kicker all season. If you think the offense was the problem this year, you haven't been paying attention.

Our offense was the best of the three units (not saying much) Don't forget for the losing stretch there in the middle / end of the season, they were not scoring in the first three quarters of the game. So, they had issues also.

All in all, it has just been a really sucky year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There was a pretty bad drop also. But yes Dak could have been more accurate. The over throw to Austin hurt. Not to mention when the run started working in the second half we abandon it after Pollard fumbles.

When a team is losing in the 2nd half the clock is their enemy. The Cowboys couldn't afford doing their long time consuming drives with lots of runs in there because that chews up to much clock. When teams are behind in the second half by more than 1 score, it doesn't matter what teams it is they inevitably abandon the run because of clock time.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak is average.. he can’t be elite if he doesn’t elevate players around him. If Russell Wilson had our weapons they would be sb favorites.

Dak is a little above average.. he should get 28m max because he’s young.
Didnt Dak just school Wilson last yr?