Dak Supporters, Where are You?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Convince me that you were right all along, Ty.

yep us Dak fans are here and we are Cowboy fans not overly invested Romo crybabies living in denial trying desperately to build the legend of there hero bigger even though he is retired LOLOL

Got to love these call out threads since we are allowing them I feel it my duty to be a regular jack *** LOL

Anyway Dak missed throws looked tentative and didn't play very well but he wasn't the only one . Tyron shouldn't have to hold and somebody should know C Williams has not put his Man weight on yet . Zeke looked off most of the game and the coaching and playcalling sucked .

Garrett is going to blow the season because he was too afraid to play all the new faces together in preseason . No Dak is not going to be Brady , Rodgers or Breese but he could be a lot better if he had developed some chemistry in preseason with his new teammates .

It will take to game 3 or 4 before it gets as good as its going to get and that probably wont be near good enough but Im still going to support Dak because Im a Cowboy fan

pansophy

Reaction score
I think you are forgetting how easily Romo got injured
I've said many times that I understood the decision to try to seamlessly move on from one franchise QB to another. But it is not true that Dak beat out Romo on skill at the position.

rags747

Reaction score
yep us Dak fans are here and we are Cowboy fans not overly invested Romo crybabies living in denial trying desperately to build the legend of there hero bigger even though he is retired LOLOL

Got to love these call out threads since we are allowing them I feel it my duty to be a regular jack *** LOL

Anyway Dak missed throws looked tentative and didn't play very well but he wasn't the only one . Tyron shouldn't have to hold and somebody should know C Williams has not put his Man weight on yet . Zeke looked off most of the game and the coaching and playcalling sucked .

Garrett is going to blow the season because he was too afraid to play all the new faces together in preseason . No Dak is not going to be Brady , Rodgers or Breese but he could be a lot better if he had developed some chemistry in preseason with his new teammates .

It will take to game 3 or 4 before it gets as good as its going to get and that probably wont be near good enough but Im still going to support Dak because Im a Cowboy fan
LOLLOLLOL...I just love LOL, It' so today...LOL!

Flamma

Reaction score
Convince me that you were right all along, Ty.

After watching that joke of an offensive gameplan, I don't think we would have won with Tom Brady at QB. There was no rhyme or reason to anything we were doing on O.

kskboys

Reaction score

Nice analysis. I agree.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score

Don't sugarcoat it. Dak looked like dog**** Sunday and it is a continuation from last season.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Other QBs release the ball while receivers/tightends are in route. Our QB waits until the route is complete, and if a defender is too close, look for a sack, overthrow, or underthrow.

Dak is a nice guy, an ambassador for all that is good about the NFL, but he is not the QB for this team. Quick decisions, accuracy, and intuition is missing from his game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I've said many times that I understood the decision to try to seamlessly move on from one franchise QB to another. But it is not true that Dak beat out Romo on skill at the position.

And I have said many times that both players have different skill sets and styles . Dak could do things with his legs that Tony could not do and Tony was a more accurate passer . Dak plays more conservative and Tony took more chances .

What it really came down to IMO was Dak was playing not without mistakes but at a pretty high level and could be counted on to stay available .

The FO along with a lot of other people as much as they wanted to believe in Tony just really knew him staying healthy was more of a long shot than they were willing to gamble on .

Jerry loved Tony Romo and is the ultimate gambler so for him not to override everyone and insert Tony there had to be a severe concern for his health and future .

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think you are forgetting how easy Romo made a TD drive look the one drive he was allowed to play all year.
You mean that pre-season game when he wasn't hit and they got him out as fast as they could? That was a joke. lol Romo was done and he knew it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Don't sugarcoat it. Dak looked like dog**** Sunday and it is a continuation from last season.

Howard please Im not sugar coating it but the whole mess on offense is a continuation from last season not just Dak .

We know Dak is not the Troy Aikman of accuracy . We know he needs the Oline and running game to work and create manageable down and distance so he can be effective .

Did we really expect to get all new receivers 2 new Oline players and TE not play them all together in preseason with our starting QB and have a great outcome ., I started a thread about it in Fanzone ' Are we prepared or not '

I questioned Garretts plan of trying to keep everyone healthy over getting them prepared to play real games . I am full aware that all the preseason games in the world are not going to turn Dak into Tom Brady but that Carolina game was VERY winnable with the way our defense was playing .
Got to believe if every one had played a ton of reps together and was playing up to speed we would have won that game .

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I think it's hard to argue that given that Garret comes from the Norv Turner offense and Linehan had Stafford throwing for 5000 yards. If they aren't calling them it's because our QB's can't throw them.
Makes you go hmmm

pansophy

Reaction score
And I have said many times that both players have different skill sets and styles . Dak could do things with his legs that Tony could not do and Tony was a more accurate passer . Dak plays more conservative and Tony took more chances .

What it really came down to IMO was Dak was playing not without mistakes but at a pretty high level and could be counted on to stay available .

The FO along with a lot of other people as much as they wanted to believe in Tony just really knew him staying healthy was more of a long shot than they were willing to gamble on .

Jerry loved Tony Romo and is the ultimate gambler so for him not to override everyone and insert Tony there had to be a severe concern for his health and future .
I agree about the availability and I think that is why they made the switch, and the fact that Dak wasn't making a lot of mistakes made it easier for them to do that. That's not the same as beating him out though.

pansophy

Reaction score
You mean that pre-season game when he wasn't hit and they got him out as fast as they could? That was a joke. lol Romo was done and he knew it.

Tell me you wouldn't want to see some of this from Dak. Tony made 3rd and 11 seem pretty manageable -- go check out Dak's stats on 3rd and long.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Tell me you wouldn't want to see some of this from Dak. Tony made 3rd and 11 seem pretty manageable -- go check out Dak's stats on 3rd and long.

He still had the skill but couldn't stay healthy. They hurried that drive up and got him out of there fast so he wouldn't get hit. Practically an exhibition game anyway. But I will say Dak needs to be able to throw the ball down field. Can't play dink and dunk unless you have the Ol for it and we don't anymore. Dak is playing scared and he needs to get over it. This is his third year and he needs to prove he's a franchise QB.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He still had the skill but couldn't stay healthy. They hurried that drive up and got him out of there fast so he wouldn't get hit. Practically an exhibition game anyway. But I will say Dak needs to be able to throw the ball down field. Can't play dink and dunk unless you have the Ol for it and we don't anymore. Dak is playing scared and he needs to get over it. This is his third year and he needs to prove he's a franchise QB.
Ugh....come on PA. He couldn't stay healthy due to that nasty Oline that didn't protect him. How many times was he drawn out of that pocket only to run for his life. The guy played with bruised ribs etc.... McNabb didn't when he had bruised ribs. Just as Sean Lee. Some of our fans saying he's injury prone, can't stay healthy blah blah blah. With the position he plays and how hard he plays we should be grateful we still have him on the field. Ok, I'm done ranting. Please don't be mad. Just my opinion. :)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Ugh....come on PA. He couldn't stay healthy due to that nasty Oline that didn't protect him. How many times was he drawn out of that pocket only to run for his life. The guy played with bruised ribs etc.... McNabb didn't when he had bruised ribs. Just as Sean Lee. Some of our fans saying he's injury prone, can't stay healthy blah blah blah. With the position he plays and how hard he plays we should be grateful we still have him on the field. Ok, I'm done ranting. Please don't be mad. Just my opinion. :)
Romo was a warrior. There is no doubt about that. But the last 2 years he just couldn't stay healthy. We lost him for a full season in 2015 and lost him for most of the 2016 season on a routine hit in an exhibition game. I was just tired of wasting each season on a QB that couldn't stay on the field. If Romo was healthy he could have beat Dak out. I think he knew he was done and that's why he didn't sign on to another team. Sure he wanted to retire a Cowboy but if he was healthy and had a chance to win a SB I think he would have went for it. A SB probably gets him in the HOF. No I'm not mad. None of us can agree on everything. But we all want the Cowboys to win. That's the most important thing.:)