Dak Supporters, Where are You?

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
There are 2 problems:

Dak cannot make all of the throws that a 3rd year starter in the NFL should be able to make.

The coaching staff is a problem. Romo consistently bailed them out because of his playmaking ability, the fact that he could make all of the throws, and that he would call his own plays at times.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Whether Dak can or cannot make deep throws is a chicken and egg question - can he not throw deep because he doesn't have the time or does he not have the time because defenses stack the box knowing he can't (won't) throw deep?

I don't see it really matters because the offense was set up to be a heavily running offense with Zeke, which even with a great back like Zeke requires a top offensive line, and with the loss of Frederick, a weak LG in Williams and an average RT in Collins, the line is average AT BEST.

Teams don't have to put 6 or more in the box, leaving cornerbacks and safeties one on one on receivers. They can play zone and keep receivers down to short patterns. All I see that has changed in the offense is that Beasley has magically become Jason Witten, always open for short gains because nobody else is open.

Seems like old times, the defense plays very well, keeps the other team to less than 20 pts, but this team can't even generate double digits on offense.

Unless and until the offensive line "gels", what you saw this game is likely to continue....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right here chap. I do think that Dak had a bad game, but I'd like to point out the ineptitude of the coaches, and even Aikman defended Dak on what I'm about to point out. Did you notice on that Jarwin route how Dak had an EASY first down and an opportunity for a big gain if he runs it? Yet, he throws it. Think that wasn't coached? Part of the reason for his success in his rookie year was that he would beat you with his legs and arm. Yet, our morons with the headsets seem to have taken away the legs. We know he's not the best passer. Where he IS lethal is using a combination of the legs and arm. Let him use his legs, and receivers WILL get open because defenders will have to be mindful of Dak's running ability. This is where Andy Reid was BRILLIANT with McNabb. He used the WCO to fit McNabb, and he allowed McNabb to run when he saw the openings. Dak's biggest strength is that same ability. Furthermore, part of the reason that Rodgers is successful is that he can run as well. He's got a great arm, yes, but he also knows when to use his legs. Dak was instinctive about running his rookie season. These last 2 seasons, he doesn't run it much. Coincidence with his lack of success? I think not.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
The logic in that type of thinking...so if Chaz Green were still on this team you would be rooting for him ? Because , of course, he's a Cowboy and therefore cannot be called out for being a sub par player right? :rolleyes:
Chaz Green wasn’t a starter, we had better options a tackle, and he isn’t the starting QB! The logic in your thinking is the Cooper Kupp or White would be a better option at QB.:rolleyes:

AtlCPA

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak fan but I root for him every play, doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of him
Nobody is saying he is beyond criticism. Most of us have been critical of him, but blaming him for everything and hoping that he fails are beyond simply being critical (I do not believe you are in that category).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak Supporter here. Dallas fan of over 40 years as well. I support any QB of my Cowboys,period. Dak will never be Aaron Rodgers,but that's ok..he doesn't have to be. Understand this, all QB'S need the oline to play decent enough or it musses up the works. Case and point,last week. Enough blame to go round,but a good starting point is oline. That's how you fix teams..from the trenches out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Right here chap. I do think that Dak had a bad game, but I'd like to point out the ineptitude of the coaches, and even Aikman defended Dak on what I'm about to point out. Did you notice on that Jarwin route how Dak had an EASY first down and an opportunity for a big gain if he runs it? Yet, he throws it. Think that wasn't coached? Part of the reason for his success in his rookie year was that he would beat you with his legs and arm. Yet, our morons with the headsets seem to have taken away the legs. We know he's not the best passer. Where he IS lethal is using a combination of the legs and arm. Let him use his legs, and receivers WILL get open because defenders will have to be mindful of Dak's running ability. This is where Andy Reid was BRILLIANT with McNabb. He used the WCO to fit McNabb, and he allowed McNabb to run when he saw the openings. Dak's biggest strength is that same ability. Furthermore, part of the reason that Rodgers is successful is that he can run as well. He's got a great arm, yes, but he also knows when to use his legs. Dak was instinctive about running his rookie season. These last 2 seasons, he doesn't run it much. Coincidence with his lack of success? I think not.
THAT^^^^ ….lets not forget the oline. Players tend to make all coaches look much better OR WORSE than they really are.Same is true here. Winning solves a lot...and the manner you win in this league matters.

GenoT

Reaction score
Dak had a poor game, no question, but the whole offense sucked vs Carolina.

• Linehan supposedly put in a “new” offense, but didn’t think it was necessary to play his starting QB for more than a handful of series in the first two preseason games.
• With the possible exception of Michael Gallup, our current crop of WRs and TEs look like the same JAGs they’ve always been and/or likely always will be.
• Mr “Feed Me”, despite the chip on his shoulder, was off to his same slow start as usual.
• The O-line was pedestrian, with Williams obviously not ready for prime-time, Looney making no one forget Fredbeard, and with La’el “Holding” Collins leading the penalty parade.

Guessing the OP is one of the many who suffer from Chronic Romo Butt Hurt, but geez...

:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2::facepalm:

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Just an FYI.

Us Dak supporters are also Cowboys fans.

Incase you didn’t realize that.

I second that. I like Dak and I ABSOLUTELY want him to succeed...……….but, not for any personal reasons. I want him to succeed because, if he doesn't, then it's right back to square one. And, other than Drew Lock, I don't see any real franchise-type guys until the '21 guys (Fromm & Tua) come out. First and foremost, I am a fan of the DALLAS COWBOYS, and, no player (see any of my past comments on Romo, Dez, etc...) is above the team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I second that. I like Dak and I ABSOLUTELY want him to succeed...……….but, not for any personal reasons. I want him to succeed because, if he doesn't, then it's right back to square one. And, other than Drew Lock, I don't see any real franchise-type guys until the '21 guys (Fromm & Tua) come out. First and foremost, I am a fan of the DALLAS COWBOYS, and, no player (see any of my past comments on Romo, Dez, etc...) is above the team.
DITTO

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
THAT^^^^ ….lets not forget the oline. Players tend to make all coaches look much better OR WORSE than they really are.Same is true here. Winning solves a lot...and the manner you win in this league matters.

Exactly, but the problem is that our players have to overcome our coaches (except maybe Richard). That's a big problem.

pansophy

Reaction score
Perhaps you should watch more because Dak hit passes all the first half of the season and has a few games at the end of the season after the 3 straight losses. So it can't be 3/4 of the season
https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/completion-locations--off-.html

Dak completed 2 passes towards the left or right side of the field between 10-20 yards on 3rd and 8+ yards to go in 2017. I don't know how they define 'left' and 'right' but I don't think that has to be near the sideline, just not between the hash marks.

If you include 1st and 2nd down then those numbers increase a little bit, but again, this does not mean that the passes are actually near the sideline. The bulk of Dak's passes are 7 yards or less, whereas if you compare him to say Tom Brady, Brady has a significant chunk of passes in 13-16 yard range before YAC.