Dak sure is lucky he isn't being given the "Romo" treatment

D4KADON

Reaction score
All of the coaches, owners, and players are defending Dak. In 2016, ownership was being very coy about the situation. I understand 13-3 is an impressive stat, but telling Romo that he can't even compete for the starting job is absolutely ridiculous.

This organization has actually done a good job at given Dak what he needs to be successful: great wrs, great rb, a good to great offensive line throughout most of his tenure and now a top level defense.

I do not believe Cooper Rush is a better quarterback than Dak Prescott. However, I think this coaching staff seems to manage the game better with Cooper at the helm. My hope is when Dak comes back, he sees how lucky he is that he still has that job because his opportunities are thinning out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All of the coaches, owners, and players are defending Dak. In 2016, ownership was being very coy about the situation. I understand 13-3 is an impressive stat, but telling Romo that he can't even compete for the starting job is absolutely ridiculous.

This organization has actually done a good job at given Dak what he needs to be successful: great wrs, great rb, a good to great offensive line throughout most of his tenure and now a top level defense.

I do not believe Cooper Rush is a better quarterback than Dak Prescott. However, I think this coaching staff seems to manage the game better with Cooper at the helm. My hope is when Dak comes back, he sees how lucky he is that he still has that job because his opportunities are thinning out.

Romo wasn’t going to be ready to play until several games into the season. The last time they rushed him back from an injury he re broke his collarbone. He had a compression fracture in his back and was beat up. He was at the end of his career. Once we got late into the season it made no sense for him to come back because Dak was playing outstanding football and we were winning games. Romo would’ve been very rusty not having played most of the season. We ended up winning a franchise record 11 straight games. No team makes a change at QB when they’re on that kind of a roll.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As fans, we should rightfully put Romo's career in the rear-view mirror and concentrate upon the here and now. Romo's situation was very unique to his personal situation in ways that couldn't be avoided back then. It most definitely can't be changed in the present.

Tony Romo had a long and respectful career and that should be left to be respected for what it was. Romo is content with his situation now. Feeling sorrow for his eventual situation at the end of his career is merely an exercise in futility. He's a happy, healthy man now and that's to be appreciated.

Let's deal with the here and now and make the best of what the future has to offer. Tony has moved on -- so should we. Dak will be treated as the Dallas front office sees fit. He's a millionaire -- feeling sorry for him isn't that different for him than it was for Tony. Pro football careers can easily end with little or no warning. That's life in the NFL.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score

Agree with all of your post. They say you learn from your mistakes, perhaps the front office have learnt from mistakenly not putting in an All Pro QB in place of a rookie QB. Now the question is do they replace a practice squad QB with a Pro Bowl QB?

GINeric

Reaction score

Yes Dak has been given nice pieces to work with, but he has-been given a very good offensive coordinator.

I definitely understand most of your points, but Dak doesn't have to feel lucky to have a job. If Dak got cut today or tomorrow, he'd be signed with another team within a week.

Nav22

Reaction score
We should all be rooting for a “QB controversy” because that would mean Rush keeps playing well and we keep winning.

If we beat the Commanders and Rams with Rush, and if Dak lays an egg in Philly while losing (assuming he’s back by then), the QB controversy will be justified.

Big “ifs”.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If Rush wins against the Commodes, Frilly Filly and the Rams, it will be another Romo situation. It’s why he’s panicking so bad making claims of “no swelling!!” When it’s actually swelt. He’s nervous about his job being taken and it’s only going to take 1 more win before Rush is legitimately considered by the coaching staff and FO.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As fans, we should rightfully put Romo's career in the rear-view mirror and concentrate upon the here and now. Romo's situation was very unique to his personal situation in ways that couldn't be avoided back then. It surely can't be changed in the present. Romo had a long and respectful career and that should be left to be respected for what it was. Romo is content with his situation now. Feeling sorrow for his eventual situation at the end of his career is merely an exercise in futility. Let's deal with the here and now and make the best of what the future has to offer. Tony has moved on -- so should we.
The problem you have....is hypocrisy. You need to recite factual history in order to show hypocrisy. How did you react before? Are you consistent? . We rarely are.... we are victims of human frailties....all of us./

I am not saying YOU...are a hypocrite. But the "what about..." is usually objected to by hypocrites who hate their hypocrisy being pointed out.

I don; think here are THAT many that objected to Romo and giving Dak a free pass. Some...sure.

I think they share remarkable traits. I think Romo was more willing to fail to help the team succeed...but end of the day both good enough to win and go far...as the team around them fails. I can't help but feel most bad for Tony...dude played like a champ...got treated like a chump.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
They have to say that kind of thing to avoid creating unnecessary drama that could derail everything.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The problem you have....is hypocrisy. You need to recite factual history in order to show hypocrisy. How did you react before? Are you consistent? . We rarely are.... we are victims of human frailties....all of us./

I am not saying YOU...are a hypocrite. But the "what about..." is usually objected to by hypocrites who hate their hypocrisy being pointed out.

I don; think here are THAT many that objected to Romo and giving Dak a free pass. Some...sure.

I think they share remarkable traits. I think Romo was more willing to fail to help the team succeed...but end of the day both good enough to win and go far...as the team around them fails. I can't help but feel most bad for Tony...dude played like a champ...got treated like a chump.

On one hand, you've called me a hypocrite and soon thereafter, you deny doing so. Your problem seems to be confusion. There are quite a few on this website that objected to Romo's dismissal. Neither have I given Dak a free pass. He'll be given whatever treatment the FO sees fit. That's no different than Romo's situation. In the end, it was Romo's injury situation and the FO's decision that ended his career. The FO will decide Dak's fate in whatever manner they see fit. Like I said -- that's life in the NFL. I accepted Romo's exit and will do the same with Dak's, if that's in the cards. Tony's happy now, let it go.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On one hand, you've called me a hypocrite and soon thereafter, you deny doing so. Your problem seems to be confusion. There are quite a few on this website that objected to Romo's dismissal. Neither have I given Dak a free pass. He'll be given whatever treatment the FO sees fit. That's no different than Romo's situation. In the end, it was Romo's injury situation and the FO's decision that ended his career. The FO will decide Dak's fate in whatever manner they see fit. Like I said -- that's life in the NFL.
Sorry...I was not very clear there. I didn;t mean to say YOU personally have hypocrisy. I think part of your argument might have some. You said put Romo away and don't mention him. Welll you might NEED to to establish the trend and ...welll you know what they say about history...right?

Welll....if I see people being hypocrites...I will dang well call it out...and NOT "put it in the rear view". It makes people mad I get it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

There were a lot of people who wanted Romo to get his job back, especially after the Last Philly game, when he marched the offense down the field for what seemed like an automatic TD, when the other 2 QBs did Jack Squat.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On one hand, you've called me a hypocrite and soon thereafter, you deny doing so. Your problem seems to be confusion. There are quite a few on this website that objected to Romo's dismissal. Neither have I given Dak a free pass. He'll be given whatever treatment the FO sees fit. That's no different than Romo's situation. In the end, it was Romo's injury situation and the FO's decision that ended his career. The FO will decide Dak's fate in whatever manner they see fit. Like I said -- that's life in the NFL. I accepted Romo's exit and will do the same with Dak's, if that's in the cards. Tony's happy now, let it go.
He actually said in his post, "I am not saying YOU...are a hypocrite..."

His use of the word "you" was meant as a blanket pronoun.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The time to make the change back to Romo was after the second Giants game where Dak and the offense were absolutely abysmal. Dak had his worst game of the season and it ended our win streak. So the whole “go with the hot hand” strategy shouldve been over with. It wasnt like that was just an anomaly game either. It was his 3rd game in a row in which he threw for less than 200 yards.