Dak sure is lucky he isn't being given the "Romo" treatment

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As fans, we should rightfully put Romo's career in the rear-view mirror and concentrate upon the here and now. Romo's situation was very unique to his personal situation in ways that couldn't be avoided back then. It most definitely can't be changed in the present.

Tony Romo had a long and respectful career and that should be left to be respected for what it was. Romo is content with his situation now. Feeling sorrow for his eventual situation at the end of his career is merely an exercise in futility. He's a happy, healthy man now and that's to be appreciated.

Let's deal with the here and now and make the best of what the future has to offer. Tony has moved on -- so should we. Dak will be treated as the Dallas front office sees fit. He's a millionaire -- feeling sorry for him isn't that different for him than it was for Tony. Pro football careers can easily end with little or no warning. That's life in the NFL.

Yup, Romo did well when he was here. He's retired and moved on. We have Dak now, and we have Rush filling in.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We should all be rooting for a “QB controversy” because that would mean Rush keeps playing well and we keep winning.

If we beat the Commanders and Rams with Rush, and if Dak lays an egg in Philly while losing (assuming he’s back by then), the QB controversy will be justified.

Big “ifs”.

And it's always good when there's competition. It makes better players.

HungryLion

Reaction score
been over it. I dont lose sleep over it. but once again.. wrong decision.

Once again, nobody knows for sure what would have happened. It’s 100% asinine to be playing these mind games of speculating what would have happened 6 years after the fact.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Once again, nobody knows for sure what would have happened. It’s 100% asinine to be playing these mind games of speculating what would have happened 6 years after the fact.
When a special team/season like that was wasted bc of an asinine decision, fans (rightfully) should have a hard time getting over it

The Dez catch was 8 years ago and most of us will never be over it

HungryLion

Reaction score
When a special team/season like that was wasted bc of an asinine decision, fans (rightfully) should have a hard time getting over it

The Dez catch was 8 years ago and most of us will never be over it

I hear what you’re saying. But we can’t forget that our defense was sad that season. That defense gave up 30 to the packers. And would have given up just as much or more to the falcons and patriots.

hard to assume they win a Super Bowl even with Romo. Who I agree was the better QB.

Zman5

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Even Romo didn't get the "Romo" treatment after week 3 in 2016.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

And Romo could've shattered his back again. Then we'd be back to Dak anyway. The angst about Dak for the Romo situation is ridiculous imo. 1. It's not Dak's fault, and 2. Who knows how long Romo even lasts. Oh, and 3. It's water under the bridge now.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Was Romo making 40 mil on a no trade contract with nearly 4 years remaining at the time he was replaced by Dak? Replacing Romo was easy at the time.

Jerry is still being bent over by Dak and has no choice. Dak plays or its wasted money. Well, truth be known it was a waste of money signing him to that contract, so now Jerry is stuck.
Actually Romo was on a huge contract that was kind of equivalent at the time and they had to eat his salary for two years after he was gone while playing Dak on his rook salary.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All of the coaches, owners, and players are defending Dak. In 2016, ownership was being very coy about the situation. I understand 13-3 is an impressive stat, but telling Romo that he can't even compete for the starting job is absolutely ridiculous.

This organization has actually done a good job at given Dak what he needs to be successful: great wrs, great rb, a good to great offensive line throughout most of his tenure and now a top level defense.

I do not believe Cooper Rush is a better quarterback than Dak Prescott. However, I think this coaching staff seems to manage the game better with Cooper at the helm. My hope is when Dak comes back, he sees how lucky he is that he still has that job because his opportunities are thinning out.

Bad coaching, poor Oline most of the last few years, bad to average defense for most of his career and forced an over the hill, slow RB to be featured.

Coaches dont manage anything better. Rush has just played the Giants and Bengals instead of the Bucs.

Gator88

Reaction score
It was an idiotic decision at the time that only the absolute worst franchises in sports would make, and it has only looked worse with hindsight.

I would hope that they wouldn't make a similar mistake a second time, but that decision showed me that the people in charge will make the stupidest decisions possible.

Nexx

Reaction score

but we know what happened. Couldnt even get to the Championship game with arguably the best offensive squad since the Aikman prime era. another reason it was wrong is because of this one FACT. A rookie QB has NEVER in the history of the NFL led a team to a Super Bowl Victory.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I will forever stand by not having Romo slowly work back in during the end of the season and then to playoffs was a mistake. That game against the Packers, even admitted by Elliott, was an issue with youth crumbling under playoff pressure.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
but we know what happened. Couldnt even get to the Championship game with arguably the best offensive squad since the Aikman prime era. another reason it was wrong is because of this one FACT. A rookie QB has NEVER in the history of the NFL led a team to a Super Bowl Victory.

Elliott has pretty much gone on record saying how nerves got to them in that game. I'm not even saying I don't understand how they felt, playoffs are a completely different atmosphere - ownership and coaching staff should have realized they needed a veteran there at QB that they had sitting on the sideline.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
It was a horrible decision

Cost us a SB

No rookie had ever won a SB

Romo was the superior QB

Romo was broken down by then and hadn’t led us to a Super Bowl when he was healthier and had good teams around him.

It’s unlikely that Romo would have played better than Dak did in the playoffs in 2016.

If Dak had played poorly against GB it would be a different story, but he played well.

No excuses for Dak now though.

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo was broken down by then and hadn’t led us to a Super Bowl when he was healthier and had good teams around him.

It’s unlikely that Romo would have played better than Dak did in the playoffs in 2016.

No excuses for Dak now though.
It really wouldn't have been hard for Romo to play better than Dak did in the playoff game.

That Packers defense was abysmal to the point where Dak's performance in the playoffs was below average compared to the rest of their road games that year.