Dak sure is lucky he isn't being given the "Romo" treatment

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I just wonder why this has to turn into a Dak vs. Rush debate.

If the Cowboys are winning who the heck cares who the quarterback is? Why must we fight amongst ourselves? No matter who is in at quarterback he needs to be "our" guy. I am a Dak supporter but I am NOT rooting against Cooper Rush. As a Cowboys fan it would be insane for me to do that just so I can say I was "right" about Dak.

I just want the Cowboys to keep winning. If it's Rush, Dak, or Tony Pollard taking direct snaps as a wildcat QB, it doesn't matter to me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Cowboys going on a long winning streak and Cooper Rush putting up some good numbers against the better teams the Cowboys win face, will be the only way this situation can be compared to the Dak-Romo situation in 2016. I mentioned before that 2 or 3 games would not have been enough for Dak to win the starting job, if Romo was able to come back in week 5 or 6.

I wholeheartedly agree. At most Rush will get to start 4 games.. Even if he wins all four he still takes a seat when Dak is healthy.. People can lose their minds all they want.. but that's the reality.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sure.. if Rush wins 11 straight games he will get to keep the job..
Actually dak won the job at about 7-8 in a row, maybe sooner as romo was ready to play.
I doubt they let rush keep playing, and dak did lose that first game, so he got to have that one loss.

but lets see how it goes next 2 games.

Cmac

Reaction score
If Rush wins against the Commodes, Frilly Filly and the Rams, it will be another Romo situation. It’s why he’s panicking so bad making claims of “no swelling!!” When it’s actually swelt. He’s nervous about his job being taken and it’s only going to take 1 more win before Rush is legitimately considered by the coaching staff and FO.
1 more win before Rush is legitimately considered?........that would be against the lowly Commanders? And the Commanders certainly should not be disrespected this week despite their recent showing.....any given Sunday people......any given Sunday.

I'm some what baffled.......wouldn't that be on FO, coaching staff (MM/KMoore), and pressured medical staff? In 2 weeks, we are going to see who TRULY is nervous or gutless or even apprehensive about Cooper.......Dak wanting or talking about getting back out there is just like Zeke not wanting to be on the sidelines or IR last year with knee issue......is getting that same disdain from some on this board.

I'm pulling for Cooper Rush and think he has done a very good job so far........but games against the Rams & Eagles will certainly be the audition for continued play. So much of this play against the "JV"......let's see what he and KMoore does against the "Varsity"......soon. And if that doesn't convince you.......it's way more than that.

Cmac

Reaction score
The time to make the change back to Romo was after the second Giants game where Dak and the offense were absolutely abysmal. Dak had his worst game of the season and it ended our win streak. So the whole “go with the hot hand” strategy shouldve been over with. It wasnt like that was just an anomaly game either. It was his 3rd game in a row in which he threw for less than 200 yards.
To his credit.....even TRomo knew the gig was up.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree. At most Rush will get to start 4 games.. Even if he wins all four he still takes a seat when Dak is healthy.. People can lose their minds all they want.. but that's the reality.
If the front office is smart you let Rush play and Dak heal. Unfortunately I don't see Rush or Dak beating the Eagles or Rams. And that will propel them to hurry Dak back and he will lose to those teams.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wait until opposing teams learn to defend our 12 personal/ max protect.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ROFL.
More of this nonsense.

Tony Romo was a 36-year-old QB who had missed the bulk of 2 seasons of NFL football and hadn't been practicing on Wednesdays for about 5 years because of a recurring back issue.
He had made 127M and handed a gig as a lead broadcaster making 5M a year.

Only complete goofballs feel sorry for Tony Romo.
He has been as blessed as anyone alive.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If the front office is smart you let Rush play and Dak heal. Unfortunately I don't see Rush or Dak beating the Eagles or Rams. And that will propel them to hurry Dak back and he will lose to those teams.

Yeah.. Dak has never beaten either of those teams right? The Eagles have gotten fat on a soft early schedule and the Rams are hardly invincible. If Dak comes back healthy and both he and Moore can get away from the pass happiness this team can beat anybody. When you can run the ball and play defense and you have a QB who can make 5-7 plays a game to win it for you, you always have a shot.. No matter who the opponent is..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Some of us saw these and were warning the office to not pay him. Oh well! A fool and his money are soon parted.

Yeah the owner who has turned his 100 million dollar investment into 16 billion is going broke.. Jerry could spend a million dollars a day he won't live long enough to spend all his money.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah the owner who has turned his 100 million dollar investment into 16 billion is going broke.. Jerry could spend a million dollars a day he won't live long enough to spend all his money.

Probably already spending that....how much is he making a day is why he nor his off spring will ever need you to buy anything to be financially ok again...that ship has sailed, he literally owns very large towns/ cities now...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well damn, that Herbert guy is a wuss then. He is just a kid and already cant keep himself from getting killed. He should retire.
Yep, Tua also. Tua's so gung ho, he'd turn an obvious bell ringing into a back issue. That investigation is going to prove interesting, especially now.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The people in here are so foolish. Thy think Jerry is only driven by money, but reality is he has so much money it isnt an issue. He wants a SB more than anything in his life. As you said, he could spend 1 million dollars a day and not even flinch.

BigD_95

Reaction score
All of the coaches, owners, and players are defending Dak. In 2016, ownership was being very coy about the situation. I understand 13-3 is an impressive stat, but telling Romo that he can't even compete for the starting job is absolutely ridiculous.

This organization has actually done a good job at given Dak what he needs to be successful: great wrs, great rb, a good to great offensive line throughout most of his tenure and now a top level defense.

I do not believe Cooper Rush is a better quarterback than Dak Prescott. However, I think this coaching staff seems to manage the game better with Cooper at the helm. My hope is when Dak comes back, he sees how lucky he is that he still has that job because his opportunities are thinning out.

there was zero reason Romo should not have ben given the starting job back. He is light years better than Dak and probably would have won a super bowl that year. Romo never had a team as good as that season

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The people in here are so foolish. Thy think Jerry is only driven by money, but reality is he has so much money it isnt an issue. He wants a SB more than anything in his life. As you said, he could spend 1 million dollars a day and not even flinch.
He wants attention more than anything else,